ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attempting to connect...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Attempting to connect... Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just wanted to play some online Doom again.. but it seems I cannot connect to any server. Any ideas what can cause a problem?

It just says: Attempting to connect.........

Cheers.
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you telling me you haven't been able to play during all this time?, damn bro life sucks sometimes.

I'm not an IT expertise or whatevs but try starting with a new blank .ini file, or login with another alias and tell if problem persists, maybe you got banned for something they only know :p
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this look like a ban then? And yes, all those time I could not play.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you login to the master and get the server list in the launcher? if so, it's not a master ban. In that case, make sure you have the latest zdaemon installed; if you still have problems, then the problem is in your PC (eg., some firewall, antivirus, etc); in any case, you'll have much better luck getting tech. support in our chat channels; forum messages are way too asynchronous for such a purpose.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I can login and open up a server. But then it says in game attempting to connect. You know in the console.

Thanks for the tip about chats, I will try that.
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, have you found a solution yet? The same thing is happening to my friend, he can't connect to any server either. Wanted to see if you could give us a starting point.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't connect to any server. I gave up.
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you trying to play from? eg. home, college, work...etc? If it is not home, chances are that playing games over the net is deliberately blocked. If you are at home and done all your part to make the game work properly (firewall etc....) then it might be your ISP. Might worth a shot to try playing from different locations with different internet access just to see what happens (if you have the chance to access the internet from anywhere else than your current location that is. (like at some friend's house etc..))
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, I have tried to set up a static ip and firewall turned off. Too bad still no result. I keep getting this: 'attempting to connect'.

Another weird thing is, whenever I download something from steam, after a short delay my whole internet is fucked. So I have to turn off and on my router again to have internet. But after another short delay, again my whole internet just disconnects. Very weird.

Help me! Embarassed
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should consider buying new router.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I did too. Bought a new router and same problem.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really try to go to other internet cafe locations and inquire what router they are using for their customers.

It sounds like you are buying routers of a similar functionality that are obviously not working for you. Have you basically reformatted windows recently or run CCleaner and used regedit to strip down any potential malware.

In my experience, sometimes routers are completely the problem. They do not allow "advanced routing settings" and seek only to provide internet access to x, y, z number of devices. They aren't designed for online gaming and port forwarding. I think ZDaemon requires port 10666 be absolutely open for TCP/UDP protocol. I have been fucked by Linksys for example, and need to add an extra router behind a router in order to get a 1996 modded hack n slash mod of Diablo to work on my computer. I can't even find games without extensive hackery and extra hardware. It sucks in the age of Windows 7 and beyond, do not the community agree? Compatibility is seriously starting to break down, it's no joking matter.
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information about your ISP would be also useful. For example, my ISP is Telekom, they provide internet over coaxial cable (DOCSIS 3.0) in my area. They absolutely leave no freedom to their customers, you can only use the router/cable modem combo provided by the company (they bring it once the internet is connected to the house. You are kind of loaning the device as part of the monthly subscription). If you try to connect any other cable modem or router directly on their line, they simply won't work because those devices are not registered in their network and you won't be able to access the internet. I also have to use DHCP on the WAN port of the router, because my ISP does not offer fixed IP address, only dynamic. If I try to specify a fixed address, my internet connection is dead until I reset it to obtain address via DHCP.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my modem has a built in router but I chose not to use it and use my own. The handyman did install it like that.

Maybe it is a good idea to just get a gaming router. And see what happens. Thanks for the tip and maybe I see you on the battlefield Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: