ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[poisson d'avril] Goodbye TNS, hello RNS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: [poisson d'avril] Goodbye TNS, hello RNS! Reply with quote

We got bored of Thursdays and are turning TNS into RNS (Random Night Survival). After this week, the day to play will no longer boringly be the fourth (or fifth, depending on the calendar) day of the week; it shall be picked by a virtual seven-sided dice.

In spirit with our love for random things, we might soon also randomize the time the sessions start, and we are contemplating finding more server hosts so that we can randomize the location as well.

We hope that this additional randomness will bring you as much fun as all the previous additions like random monsters, random damage, and others did.

So, this week, come say goodbye to TNS, and, in the future, see you whenever and wherever RNS might happen!

Last edited by rhinoduck on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cleo555
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh noes! anything but that! Whatever will we do! I told my work my one day off will be Thursday! Noooo
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will skip uni any day to play TNS!
Caleb13
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine by me, I have absolutely no life anyway, so I can play Doom whenever the random number generator chooses. Moreover, RNS will more closely emulate the real world, in which you also don't know in advance that you will die (a falling piano, methyl alcohol in your booze, heart attack during sex, too much caffeine, a black hole colliding with Earth, a deadly paper cut to your neck... you name it).

Wink
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, this is going somewher now!
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one rule to live by: TNS (RNS) > everything

The dice have been rolled and next week's session will be starting on a Tuesday morning at 6:00 BST and it will be played on an Australian server.

Don't you dare miss it!
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may actually increase my chances of getting to play stuff, I usually end up near-comatose on Thu evenings. D:
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually been toying with the idea of real RNS. All it would take is one admin (or anyone who we can trust with RCON and who knows our shit) committing to a session on a date of his choice. Who and when will want to tend to the session and what wad will be played would get discussed in an open preparation thread and a standard announcement would be made after decision has been reached.

It would be an opportunity to play TNS style survival for those who can't make it on a specific day and a possible additional session for those who can't get enough survival as it is.

There are a few things to consider though: RNS should not collide with TNS, FCT and surival ZDS, and it should not "steal" wads that are soon to be played in TNS. A few more details will probably need to be considered, but, other than that, everything goes; Tuesday morning sessions included if someone will run them Smile

I can host the server and I think KD complained about too few opportunities to play survival so maybe he'll take on a session here and there. I still need to discuss this with the other admins to see if we'll have enough drive to push this forward but, as I mentioned in the beginning, well known names from TNS sessions, DW and other places are welcome to make an RNS happen too. For example, what about you, dew? Smile

EDIT: There need not be an RNS every week, I see this thing run based on community demand and people volunteering to take care of the sessions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: