ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZTRANS lump or anything to make color translations.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: ZTRANS lump or anything to make color translations. Reply with quote

Hi there,

Moving forward, ZD is getting very powerfull,
Beign lack of some kind of true-colour engine there could be a way to at least make proper pallete.

Since doom pallete is beign lack of many colour shades and suffers from
few problems, we could make new ones with new colormap

, yes But then we hit the problem, as ZDaemon always expects specific color
indexes based on Game that cannot be over-written
, yes theres a way to replace most of its sprites, but there are also things that cannot be replaced, ever.

There is X reasons why this is easy to do, and why it would be cool,
some kind of ZTRANS would globaly translate all pallete colours in similiar format to ACS based on Game type <!> (I would go for Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and powerfull Any from dehacked)

10:12=20:22 (X:Y is a range)

This would make a lot of things lightweight, would make either cleanup in zdaemon.wad as we could use new Flags that could be translated by different teams, and would work in any Game <!>

Same as for everyother sprite,

More benefits? Easy porting of things and lightweight wads, yea theres the BackFromSaturn wad, it had very nice powerfull modified doom pallete to add completly new purple shades, but they had to modify a whole bunch of doom sprites.

New powerfull palletes more fun wahoo,
I bet that everyone that ever tried to mess with this knows what I am speaking of, using full 256 colours potencial would be nice

Speaking of, yep there would have to be Default ZTRANS in zdaemon.wad (that I would happily write) that would define a lot of zdaemon.wad sprites for Any games (such as flags,railgun, radar flag icons, etc etc) In theory it would also fix Hexen player-coloring mechanism (right...?)

This is not reguest but more likely idea to consider, since i cant already ask for something extra since recent updates are way too cool,
Thanks for reading!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Pending Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: