ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shuffle It

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Shuffle It Reply with quote

hello!
From http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=15706: "shuffle feature: for a map to be randomly picked from the list and then removed so it will not be selected twice before the whole maplist has been played."
A minimal change to the random feature. It could fit as well with shufflecaps and that, no? Razz
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can understand (because my brain is far from functionnal), the current random method is true random, which means the server could potentially play the same map for years if it feels like it. That's something the DUI NJ server needs help with (in a row of 15 rounds, Map16 was played 7 times). Either that or it has a really restricted maplist. Razz
Shuffle could potentially eliminate this unwanted behavior, but then, what would the random maplist offer more than this? Surprised

I think actually tweaking the current random method would involve (maybe ?) less work for the same result!
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxyde wrote:
From what I can understand (because my brain is far from functionnal), the current random method is true random, which means the server could potentially play the same map for years if it feels like it. That's something the DUI NJ server needs help with (in a row of 15 rounds, Map16 was played 7 times). Either that or it has a really restricted maplist. Razz
Shuffle could potentially eliminate this unwanted behavior, but then, what would the random maplist offer more than this? Surprised

I think actually tweaking the current random method would involve (maybe ?) less work for the same result!

My public CTF server has ALL the maps enabled, and when I added the randomlist option, map04 came back 4 times out of 10 maps (nearly each time after a map was played)

But more tweaks must be done.

Or, giving a true shuffling option, as adviced in the thread above.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done; it will appear on the next release.
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great feature!
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't been on in a while so just till now I noticed this, you my man deserve a big thanks! \o/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: