ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playlist stops playing after MP3 or OGG files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caleb13
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Playlist stops playing after MP3 or OGG files Reply with quote

Zdaemon has this cool feature that it can can play almost any music from HDD, with the help of Winamp M3U tracklist. As long as it is MIDI music, all is well - the player automatically advances through the tracklist. But not if it encounters MP3 or OGG track - it stops when the track ends. To continue playback, user has to use playlistnext or playlistpos console commands. I prepared 3 small test music files + their M3U playlist file:

http://sharesend.com/w8v6oxax

First two tracks are MP3 and OGG (only about 5 second long), the third track is MIDI. If you copy them into Zdaemon parent directory and then run the playlist from the console (playlist testlist.m3u), Zdoom should play the MP3 file first, then jump to the OGG file and then to the MIDI file. But like I said, it doesn't, it hangs after the MP3 file is finished.

So please fix this so the player will automatically advance for all file types. I tested this on 2 different PCs running W7 64-bit Professional and ZDaemon 1.10 b01.

Edit: XM (FastTracker) music files work fine.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please explain why such music playing functions are useful in a game? why can't one use winamp or any other music player? single-tasking operating systems such as DOS have been extinct for decades now.
Caleb13
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh, the function was removed, but anyway: Winamp and other players don't automatically mute music playback when you switch to other program or when there is some activity on the voice chat. I guess that's why Zdoom devs added it in the first place all these years ago...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: