ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General idea for a tourney

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would the ZDaemon community want to see for the next tourney's gamemode be?
TDM
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
CTF
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Other/Post your option
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
IDC ANY
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Alpha_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: General idea for a tourney Reply with quote

Hi doomers, I've been wondering what to start up next as for a tournament. I've been thinking about TDM and CTF as of now, but I would see to other options if recommended. I'll like to know what to host so that I could start right away.
Note: I just wrote it on under USA Tournaments since I'm from America and I've been seeing under this section it's been actively a bit. All players are welcomed to post/vote their opinion.
Note2: Forgot to mention poll will be closed by sunday

Last edited by Alpha_ on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
OurHero
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdm is sloppy and not very competitive but would be interesting to see happen
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to see a Survival Partner (2v2) Tournament!

I'll go ahead and lay down some ideas:

*You pick out the survival wad to be played (chillax seems to be pretty good for this)
*Two players will partner up during the whole tournament
*This will be done in a knock-out bracket style
*Each week/round a different map shall be played
*Winner can be decided as to perhaps who finishes the map the fastest ? or have both teams play at the same time and give the win on who gets most damage ?

Those are some ideas I have but a survival tournament would be where I would go! Haven't seen one yet and I think this would bring in plenty of attention not just from the competetive scene Wink

-
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bless_ wrote:

Those are some ideas I have but a survival tournament would be where I would go! Haven't seen one yet and I think this would bring in plenty of attention not just from the competetive scene Wink

-

http://doom.machata24.cz/tsl/

Plus the one ran by Dannyboy 2 years back on Hans Monument.

The one ran by Gyross had ended well, so yeah, I have no doubt of the success that a future Tdm tourney would have.
Alpha_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump:
Poll was suppose to close by the end of today, seems like it closed as of now. But I'll allow others to either post or pm me via zdirc #ZCL your vote till the end of today. So far, it looks like a tdm tourney will happen :O
Alpha_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump 2:
Alright I got a tie breaker vote coming in soon, and afterwards, I'll post the decided tournament on a new post/thread.

Edit:
Tdm - 3 ; CTF - 3 ; Survival - 4 ; IDC any - 0

Edit 2:
Survival Tourney coming soon.

Last edited by Alpha_ on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:24 am; edited 2 times in total
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah I remember competing in that Survival tournament Chronique was talking about, it was reasonably successful.

The whole 2 vs 2 format is pretty workable overall. Just pick a map. map32 Plutonia was used before. You could also run dv.wad

Choosing a partner is a tricky business because you need to select someone whose skills you can appreciate and allow that person to shine when they need to and support when necessary. In the past my partners have been The Ultimate Doomer and [UD]Earthquake.
Intoxicate
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alpha,

As you asked me last night I think a Survival Tourney would be the way to go. Reasons are:

Doesn't have to be regional as players can play Euro/USA/Anywhere aslong as servers were set up correctly and approved by admins.

Teams of 2 only commits 2 people to a match where as TDM is at least 4 and CTF 6. Should mean games can be played quicker and help with scheduling.

Everything that Bless has said.

Tox
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:

Choosing a partner is a tricky business because you need to select someone whose skills you can appreciate and allow that person to shine when they need to and support when necessary.

Agreed, although again, you can always make this interesting and just sign people up and randomize the teams.
If 6 teams were to be chosen then you will only need 12 people. I believe you could even go for an 8 team Survival Tournament.
I would join it, no matter how partners were selected. Not to mention that in this kind of tournament the high ping and lag won't be much of a problem as we are killing monsters!

You know where to go alpha_, stop contemplating about how good I look Rolling Eyes
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been asking for this in another post I believe so if a survival thing happens sign me up. (:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: