ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quakelive Scene

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Quakelive Scene Reply with quote

Ello fellas, I've bumped into a few doomers who also play quakelive recently and I was wondering if any of you guys are pretty active on the quakelive scene. I've been pretty addicted to it for a while now and would love to befriend a bunch of you, so if you play throw your username in this thread n I'll add you.

My username on it of course is Fluffles I was also known as Msppete for ages before I started the new account.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

I've been playing Quake 3 Arena but uninstalled it due to lack of addiction. Then I've decided to give QL Standalone a try, well it's the same shit, I really do not adhere to the style. Freelook, jumping, Rocket Launcher, vertical maps... on the other hand I love the statistics, the concept of the Elo rating system, the gamemodes, the rocket jumping and 99% of what Quake Live is.

But the dynamism of the game and the verticality of the maps make that you have to constantly switch weapons, alternate between Rocket Launcher and Railgun, jump every freaking times, while in Doom it's more frenetic, there are more confrontations, I don't know... I just can't adapt to it's gameplay.

QL's SSG is useful at all? Is it that it can kill with a single shot? Rolling Eyes

Well, sure it'll feel a bit different if we make a group mainly composed of Doomers and play all together, like the group I created on Steam based on CS: GO.

Cheers
dastan
Posting Spree!

Location: Starring: #Exp , Featuring: #FI , #DB4D , #DH , #GS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, i played QL for some time, then uninstalled it.
I'll try to come back to the scene soon.
BAZOOKA
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I'm one of these guys that plays QL even with the new controversial updates that affected the original QL. Changes like spawn with 2 weapons by default or items with visual timer.

Kara Kurt wrote:
Hey!
I really do not adhere to the style...I don't know... I just can't adapt to it's gameplay.

Maybe... or maybe you need more patience. If you only play Doom -mainly- and you switch to games like this, people can get frustrated. The base of players are good/very good. For example since I created my QL account again I have played over one thousand FFA matches and only won over one hundred. And I always play with Skill matched option selected.

Kara Kurt wrote:

QL's SSG is useful at all? Is it that it can kill with a single shot? Rolling Eyes

Yes It is useful and with the recent updates is the weapon that the majority of players have as secondary weapon.
You can't kill a fresh spawned player with one shot because you spawn with 125 health (It slowly goes back to 100)
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cool I'll give it a try.

And yes I only play Doom competitively, though I have tons games.
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably find most doom players are great at instagib modes on quakelive. The one shot kills with accuracy and reaction really helps! I still play as much as I can but I mostly play duels. The new setup for FFA and TDM I find pretty fun. Before it was more about camping weapon spawns but now its totally different!
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know i play QL im perrondon or Perrondon_ i cant remember lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: