ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon City - a.k.a ZDS ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: ZDaemon City - a.k.a ZDS ??? Reply with quote

Hello fellow ZDaemoners,
I'm here to proudly tell you that ZDCity is done! It was hard for me to find the time to finish it as i'm very busy with studying linux, work, family etc (you know the drill).

THE LAG HAS NOW BEEN FIXED!
IMPBRAWL HAS BEEN FIXED ASWELL, THANKS TO RHINODUCK & SR69MM-JC!

Download the latest version here!

Anyways, firstly i'd like to thank a couple of people that made this project possible.
Krawa - for always helping me and testing my wads
Manolo - for testing and the great past i had in [XXX] that made me do the first version (xxxcityhq).
SR69MM-JC - for spending his time writing a huge ass code for me that works perfectly.
Doomer & Body-Gaurd - for their DEHSUPP knowlegde
Worst - for his idea's and DEHSUPP files.
Rhinoduck - for making me a few examples and fixing alot of bugs.

So, what i want you to know is that i didn't intend to copy the famous DoomCenter, far from that.
The first xxxcityhq got released at the same time as Mike's ZDCenter, which later became DoomCenter finished by Doorhenge.

I just wanted to create a freeroam wad in a real city environment that holds a few hours of fun gameplay; cool sounds, more guns, tasks, collectibles, real economics and more of that crazyness.

So, let me explain you a little more about what's in the wad;

In this wad you can do tasks (get them from npc's) or rob stores to make some money you can co-op this with other players in the server.
(there's crazy coppers spawning as you rob the stores, watch out cause they are fast)
With the money you make from doing this you can visit one of the shops and buy some guns or go spend all of it on fastfood.
There's also a few mini-games that start randomly and all players can participate.
You can go and search for some collectibles around the map where you can buy exclusive items with (these items are randomly spawned).
Then we have Impbrawling (gambling) invented by SR69MM-JC,
you place your bet on either the blue or the red team and watch how the imps molest eachother, the winning team gets all the and the loser get's nothing.
You can search alot of objects such as; dumpsters, desks and closets.
And there's way more you can do!
Or forget about all this and just walk around spamming basketballs.

This wad is pointed at the whole ZDaemon community as it includes many ZD related jokes.

The wad will be released along with one of the ZDaemon Sessions.

a few screenshots:

Alteus....

Stop Dopefishifying the city!

Zootydoom2 wonder what animals they keep there..

Krawa's beer palace

He gives you the task to look for his lost tricycle.

Place your bets and let the imps brawl!

Manolo's weedshack buy your crazy powerup there!

The map itself fully zoomed out in DB1 (yuck windows 8.1)

Last edited by UberGewei on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 23 times in total
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy balls man I admit I totally forgot about this. I'm pretty damn sure I had some minor unsubmitted changes as well as several unimplemented ideas Mad Damn it, sorry for dropping out of doom completely for a while. Do the money counters work smoothly enough online in 1.10? Did we have any unfixed bugs with the impbrawl?

Be sure to contact me on skype (even though I might not login there too often) if you please; I'll also try to login to ZDaemon sometimes. I'd have to install a fresh DB2 and some other programs if I'd want to do something though, as I've just recently moved onto a new PC.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr69Mm-jC wrote:
Holy balls man I admit I totally forgot about this. I'm pretty damn sure I had some minor unsubmitted changes as well as several unimplemented ideas Mad Damn it, sorry for dropping out of doom completely for a while. Do the money counters work smoothly enough online in 1.10? Did we have any unfixed bugs with the impbrawl?

Be sure to contact me on skype (even though I might not login there too often) if you please; I'll also try to login to ZDaemon sometimes. I'd have to install a fresh DB2 and some other programs if I'd want to do something though, as I've just recently moved onto a new PC.

No problem SR i've had my own struggles aswell, as for the changes you can still add them until Krawa hosts this wad on one of his ZDS's. For ss far as i know there are no bugs to Impbrawl, we've tested it a couple of times but it never seemed to crash out on us. The money system lags a little online (especially for high ping players) but i don't think we'll be able to fix that.

I tried to catch you a few times on ZDaemon but you were just gone everytime i logged.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, are you telling there is a Great Tricycle... Mystery??
/me feels heart flutter

Wow this looks absolutely gorgeous, the amount of hidden easter eggs in this city must be huge.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
Oh my god, are you telling there is a Great Tricycle... Mystery??
/me feels heart flutter

Wow this looks absolutely gorgeous, the amount of hidden easter eggs in this city must be huge.

Haha, yeah someone mysterious keeps stealing Krawa's tricycle. Surprised

Thanks! the city really is huge (you can't see all of it on the picture) with lots of easter eggs and hidden spots indeed. (the first picture is one of them).
Because of it's size i had to index all the sector tags, thing tags, scripts & dummy sectors i've used.

I really can't wait for it's release! Exclamation Exclamation
dastan
Posting Spree!

Location: Starring: #Exp , Featuring: #FI , #DB4D , #DH , #GS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when i finished reading this post, it makes me impatient to play it.
The wad can have a big size (minimum 50Mb i think) what makes me wanna get a wifi (cause i just moved to a new house) as soon as possible.
Btw, good job Ubergewei!
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dastan wrote:
Just when i finished reading this post, it makes me impatient to play it.
The wad can have a big size (minimum 50Mb i think) what makes me wanna get a wifi (cause i just moved to a new house) as soon as possible.
Btw, good job Ubergewei!

Thanks Dastan!
The wad is far from 50mb! it's almost 20mb's right now.
haha get your connection fixed before Krawa hosts it! Wink
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCKING FINALLY :D btw there is my poster of PERRONDON SUX? :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!!. Can't wait till this gets released wooooot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:
Yes!!!. Can't wait till this gets released wooooot

Noticed that you weren't able to play the Session because of the lag, I managed to solve that now.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks amazing, I really like the idea here. Can't wait to see how it goes online Very Happy
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomKid92 wrote:
This looks amazing, I really like the idea here. Can't wait to see how it goes online Very Happy

It's already out there, so no need to wait! And really, it's more awesome than you'd expect it to be. Smile

I will be back posting my two cents about this wad soon. I played and enjoyed it lots! This is really awesome, something we haven't seen in quite awhile in Zdaemon.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played this for a while the other day, it's a lot of fun! I hope to see it expanded in time, because this is a great idea Smile I thought it would be a lot like DoomCenter, but it's different in many ways. It was fun going around popping dopefish ballons, betting on the imp brawl and killing everything in sight with a spraypaint can!

What's with the weird guy dancing around with white hair, the one who kinda looks like a goofy Hank Hill? I laughed my ass off at his "follow you around" dance.. Laughing
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gher bitches that's right keep lookin'
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:

How can an image so tiny cause me to laugh so hard!! Laughing

edit: thank you for putting gher into this wad - the animation made me laugh hard again.. Then the animators story behind it made me totally lose it.. I needed a good laugh!
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomKid92 wrote:
Cybershark wrote:

How can an image so tiny cause me to laugh so hard!! Laughing

edit: thank you for putting gher into this wad - the animation made me laugh hard again.. Then the animators story behind it made me totally lose it.. I needed a good laugh!

Haha, Glad you liked it. There have been many updates ever since the ZDS. I'm at version v24 now, removed the spraycan and replaced it with something new. Added alot of weapons back to make it a little more balanced!

Although it's not really something i wanted to get this big or spend so much time on, but.. once you start something you have to finish it, right?
The fact that people are still playing it as i speak really suprises me and makes it worth all the time i spend on it.

I released it a little too early and it lagged out Krawa's ZDS server a few times, There are a few complex scripts in there that have never been tested with 15 players before, It's all fixed now tho.

I would still like to have some opinions about it by some of the ZDaemon review guru's, so if you guys find the time; please go ahead! Smile

-Michael.

Couldn't resist adding Gher! Laughing
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite an achievement in terms of the graphics, sounds, scripts, and presentation you have amassed here. I would put this under consideration as a "great HQ" wad, with the likes the [MAG].

As for my personal tastes, I think this could be fun with people in a server, but with people who don't know what they are doing, there doesn't seem to be much direction as to what the next objective is.

I really enjoy the emphasis on melee combat though, reminds me of Hexen & Action Doom 2.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
This is quite an achievement in terms of the graphics, sounds, scripts, and presentation you have amassed here. I would put this under consideration as a "great HQ" wad, with the likes the [MAG].

As for my personal tastes, I think this could be fun with people in a server, but with people who don't know what they are doing, there doesn't seem to be much direction as to what the next objective is.

I really enjoy the emphasis on melee combat though, reminds me of Hexen & Action Doom 2.

Thank you for your reply Cuppy, appreciate it.
It was meant to be an HQ once, but it turned out to be something like a GTA freeroam mod.

I agree with you, it's hard for new players to understand what is going on with the task system, I might add a few information spots!

As for the melee weapons, The sprites are taken from Scuba's Action Doom 2 and a little Hexen support was used right there; That's probably why. haha Wink
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks so fucking cool!
I'll give it a try sometime, but looks pretty fun and well made Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: