ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No authentication data + password change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFoley
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: No authentication data + password change Reply with quote

Hey guys ive been a long time use of zdaemon but this is probably my first time on the forums.
I was wondering is it possible to change my logins password for zdaemon? its a pretty weak password but i cant find an on option to change it.

My other question is, im trying to host a local server for a multiplayer wad no one plays anymore for myself, but eveytime i join it locally (without using the internet option of zdaemon launcher) eventually i get the error you were kicked no authentication data, please use z launcher or IDE while logged onto zdaemon.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change your password, you'll need to goto:
http://player.zdaemon.org/

Note: If you connect to IRC, you'll need to change your NickServ password separately, since they're not linked. To do so:
1) You'll most likely receive a "Password Incorrect" notice when you reconnect to IRC. If you do, identify using your old password:
/nickserv identify passwordhere
2) Once identified:
/nickserv password newpassword

Once that has been done, you'll be good to go.

As for hosting a server, are you using the Wizard?

If so, the default Advertise setting is "Master and LAN". Since it is being advertised on the master, it is subject to the authentication. If you were in Internet mode in the launcher, you'd be able to connect from there.

However, since you indicate that you're in Local mode, you'll need to do the following in the Wizard instead (if you're using it):
1) Once you've reached the end where you start the server, click "Switch to Full Mode" instead
2) Once there, set Advertise to "On LAN"
3) Click Start Server

The settings are automatically saved once you click "Start Server".

Give the above a try.

Additional: The next Wizard release will have the Advertise option as an adjustable combobox in the Wizard, rather than a static display.
MajorFoley
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF-Domains.net wrote:
To change your password, you'll need to goto:
http://player.zdaemon.org/

Note: If you connect to IRC, you'll need to change your NickServ password separately, since they're not linked. To do so:
1) You'll most likely receive a "Password Incorrect" notice when you reconnect to IRC. If you do, identify using your old password:
/nickserv identify passwordhere
2) Once identified:
/nickserv password newpassword

Once that has been done, you'll be good to go.

As for hosting a server, are you using the Wizard?

If so, the default Advertise setting is "Master and LAN". Since it is being advertised on the master, it is subject to the authentication. If you were in Internet mode in the launcher, you'd be able to connect from there.

However, since you indicate that you're in Local mode, you'll need to do the following in the Wizard instead (if you're using it):
1) Once you've reached the end where you start the server, click "Switch to Full Mode" instead
2) Once there, set Advertise to "On LAN"
3) Click Start Server

The settings are automatically saved once you click "Start Server".

Give the above a try.

Additional: The next Wizard release will have the Advertise option as an adjustable combobox in the Wizard, rather than a static display.

Thanks alot! i was able to change my password successfully however when i try to update my email it goes to a white screen with the words file not found
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, the "Email" area on the player.zdaemon.org site should be ignored. That doesn't appear to be functional.
MajorFoley
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF-Domains.net wrote:
In this case, the "Email" area on the player.zdaemon.org site should be ignored. That doesn't appear to be functional.

I see for future reference is there anyway to change email?
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, I don't think the email on the master account can be set to start with.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brief update: You can now adjust the "Advertise" setting directly from the Wizard area.

A new version has been released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: