ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[FCT #25] • Back... From the dead!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: [FCT #25] • Back... From the dead! Reply with quote

Hello again, and welcome for the 2nd season of the Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays!

Did you miss us? Because, you did miss us. And the reason was clear: we were on holidays. Yep, everyone needs holidays, right? And we were lacking of ideas, new cooperation wads to create, and, I was also doing work on other ports (small commits on Zandronum, Odamex, ioQuake3 Android, and Xonotic).

Now that another school year is showing up, and with an intense talk with JCD, one thing is sure: we are not lacking ideas for a while. We have a huge combination of great wads there, so each week will be more unique compared to other ones.

And speaking of unique... This week isn't really unique. You may have already seen this idea weeks ago, for sure! Guess what it is?

...Behold the VIP!

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #25 – Back... From the dead!

Did you miss this gamemode? Ah, in the good old days, people were LOVING this gamemode, with so fresh ideas... But people were asking us to do things to correct to have the VIP have a better role.

Granted! With this update, the VIP will be able to help a little more the players during hard battles! How so? Let me explain:

Quote:
The VIP has now a technology called "InstaHelp"(tm) which gives, for some (external) maximum ammunition available, help for everyone for your team, yourself included!

Here are the items:

- For 100 shells: Insta-Regeneration!
- For 100 rockets: A new powerup!
- For 600 cells: Another new weapon!

Caller not included. Limited to once per level. Not applyable in all cases. For further help, please call Ch0wW Ch0wW at 0800 44 56 code "Dapstep". Commands are not instantly done. Weapons are randomly given. We are not responsable if you are having the same gun. In case of critical emergency, we are not responsable for your dubsdeath.

So, isn't this upgrade wonderful? It is made by professionnals (and they're the best) doing researchs for new technologies, it is UNIQUE, and we are the first to propose that to you!

Also, We have done some time-traveling to bring(=steal for) you insane weapons! Here are they:

Quote:

- Glock 18
- Lever Shotgun
- Minigun
- Magma Rifle
- ????? [secret weapon!]

No, you haven't seen there anywhere else. Trust us!

"Customisation" (= randomisation) is now more important, as we are including armor this time!

So, you may have a strong weapon, and no armor, or a weak gun and a strong armor, or even a strong armor with a strong gun! or have no luck and have bad everything (unless your friendly VIP gives you a new weapon).
Also, armor values have been modified.

Is that all we have to say? No! There's more!

• Fixes everywhere! Now the VIP is completely randomised!
• New deathphrases! Oh boy, you wub... WILL love that!
• More teamplay! The VIP must collect ammo to help others survive! You are THE commander!
• New delirium mode! No, that's just to sell more our mod.

• Server: BaseQ.fr
  • Gamemode: Survival
  • Lives: 1
  • Files: FCT17, Jenesis
  • DMFlags1: 218695720
  • DMFlags2: 823601680

Now for the special gameplay changes?! Heh, we don't need any, but if you insist!
  • Episode 1 will be played with -fast monsters.
  • Episode 2 will be played with stronger monsters.
  • Episode 3 will be played with a random maplist, and -fast monsters.

Prepare your photocopiers, Skril.. Oh wait, am I going too far?

Last edited by Ch0wW on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back from the dead! Very Happy Great to see you guys back to entertain us on tuesday nights. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't understand the outline. How are these rewards granted?

Maybe I should have joined the server to find out, but I'd rather go in there with a better idea Sad
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rewards are automatically granted once the VIP get (and ONLY gets) at least ~90/95% (not 100% anymore) of his maxammo for a specific weapon:

So:

- 90 shells = InstaHealth : 100% health for everyone below 100%.
- 90 rockets = InstaPower : A random powerup given to everyone (MegaHealth / berzerk / Invisibility / radsuit / goggles )
- 350 cells = Instaweapon : A new weapon is given (a secret one can be accessed only this way: only 3/100 chances to get it!) ; also, a person can get the same weapon as he already gets on his inventory, so it's pure random, like the InstaPower!

About bullets, I may implant something else in a future update, like InstaKeys, where all keys are shared for all players!

Hope that I have been able to help you understanding how it works Very Happy

EDIT : Also, there is a server running with Jenesis again, with randimisation formula fixed (again)
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it was the automatic part that I didn't get. I wondered just how players would get their powerup from the VIP.
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will release its source code soon Smile

But actually, that was kinda easy to add Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: