ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BaseQ servers - Suggestions and Problems topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: BaseQ servers - Suggestions and Problems topic Reply with quote

Hi there, people!

This topic is not a topic about pancakes, default Quake2/3's folder or otakus.
However, this topic is related to BaseQ, one of your friendly (and European) ZDaemon Server neighboor.

As you may have known, BaseQ has entered to the Zdaemon's world a few months (January 2013 to be exact). Hosting servers for the French DooM Community was one of my priority, as I just came back after a long inactivity, and the existing french Servers hosted by Evolution have been removed from the surface of Earth. It was a good timing that I came back, I guess.

The only Server-Administrator of BaseQ is Ch0wW.

Until now, I released any sort of servers that would please people ; Local French (and fresh) WAD releases (3 Heures d'Agonie / Survive in Hell / DFrag / Castle of Hassle), Competition and new-school duel WADs (ZDDL4, zDuels32, 0x-Duel), FFA wads (Insta-Switch Brit10, Fune1), and CTF servers (mostly used as Private). Also, the weekly event, known as the Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays.

So, this topic is pretty Straight-forward : this is all about our servers.

As my primary goal is to make good servers with no (or very very little) problems related to a badly configured CFG for example, I'd think it is best to talk about it, to check if some.problems happened, possible crashs, or why not, WAD suggestions! After all, hearing the community about elements can help being stronger and more stable! So, you are winning by playing on a stable and unique server! Isn't what we all want?

I am regularly active, on lots of such as social networks, and mailing, and this topic Smile . More below.

By the way, I am soon planning to make some CCW (Community-Chosen WADs) servers, that are regularly changing. I do not really know how and when will the rotation take place, but one thing is sure: YOU will choose what you want to play!

Oh, last, but not least : of course, we make configurations, but we also release them after a while! Please check our website below for that!

====================================

Our Server Changelog is here ( http://server.baseq.fr/serverlog.txt )

So, in case that you want to join (and/or simply follow) us, you can there:

/join #baseq on zIRC to enter to our gaming lair.
http://baseq.fr (or http://server.baseq.fr ) as our website.
- This - as our FriendBook Page.
- Shoot the bird! - as its alternative!
and My Mail : Ch0wW (hat) BaseQ (dhot) fr !

Thanks in advance for the feedbacks ( °w°)/ !
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only since January? Seems like much longer!

Thanks for supporting a couple of my mods, and keep up the great work Very Happy
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something small but still cool you can add: Zoom on coop servers, and in CTF.
It's not much, it doesn't even break the gameplay, but it's one of those new cool things that make a difference between classic servers and 1.09-based ones! Wink
You could also host some classic wads (let's say AV), using some crazy rotation system, using cvar overrides! Let's say one map will be played with 2* monster health, the next one in Nightmare, the third with Vampire mode.... Seems a small suggestion but that could spice games up a lot! Add a F1 Help screen to let the players know of the rotations based changes!

Also if anyone out there has interesting stuff they can provide, such as Shark's mods, let us know!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the servers/service guys. I will post suggestions when I have some. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I have been updating some configurations in order to be a little more "playable" (ie unlimited ammo on the shop, map00, and fewer intermission time). The Zoom feature will be set on all servers, so no problem about that!

But the episodic changes... Better is to leave it to the FCT...

JCD gave me the idea to put another french FFA wad, FRADM. I will make the server in a few minutes, hours if I am really really busy Smile!

And no problem Ronald! I'm hoping to hear some ideas to add!
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just released new CFG of servers!

Code:
- FCT20 (The Shop)
- Fune1 (Funebrak's FFA Best Of)
- 0-X-Duel
- Castle of Hassle (Coop wad)
- FraDM1 (by FranckFrag)

You can get them @ http://server.baseq.fr/zdaemon-cfg-releases-2306/ Smile

EDIT: Added Jacob's ladder aswell Smile
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could FCT20 be hosted with doom II The Way Id Did? Fresh and old at the same time!Smile
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, it is on the way!

I just finished updating Jacobs_ladder, so let's make other changes, now Very Happy

Edit: updated!
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: 19/07's update Reply with quote

Just something I quickly want to say:

Quote:
I'm not someone liking to see trollers when you want to make some serious servers.

If I/someone notice someone trolling on duel servers ; please report it to me. According to the decision chosen, it can be a tempban, a 1-week ban, or a permanent ban.

by the way, I also plan to give to a few people a new rcon_password being easily able to report the IP.

It's only to warn people a bit of their malicious actions(even if there aren't a lot of people doing that, and hopefully).

(just in case: I permanently banned pascuero / magnatehh exactly because of this behaviour; also, I won't change my mind until he gives me a really good reason to unban him.)

Anyway, back to the good news, or server updates.

Quote:
For easy admin Co-Op pleasure, all Coop/Survival Servers have been updated with the FCTLIB05.

Also, because it was excessively chaotic (in a good way), I plan to add "Double Destruction!" to the serverlist. Bombing at its finest! By the way, a mappack could be created, according to the mod's popularity.

(Optionnal news: QuakeWorld servers have been updated, the Adrenaline Gamer (HL1 promod)'s server has been removed (1.5 months inactivity rule), so that performance could be a little better for players)

Please don't forget to /join #baseq on zIRC for server discussion, wad suggestions, et cetera!
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an announcement ; we still haven't got our new dedicated machine, so we're going to wait again for some weeks (or days, or hours if we're lucky) until it is ready.

We'll also have to ask for increasing the serverlimit once we'll receive it.

About the servers, we updated the ZCL2013 server, aswell as some little fixes in tdmax_b3, and in SiH.

Also, we have made a great and simple tutorial of how to create a zdaemon server on a linux machine! Check it out, you can find it at this address:
http://main.baseq.fr/create-a-zdaemon-server-linux/

Finally, the servers are now rebooting at 6AM GMT+1.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for keeping us updated! That simple tutorial might also be useful to some people here. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay people, we got our new server!

Please note that every server will be set on newer IPs.

Of course, we will not get rid of our old servers so easily for now, so they will be left for competition (and copies of those servers will be set until they expire).

But for better experience, please consider using the newest servers, for even better experiences Smile

PS: update too: 3HA has been updated with the FCTLIB05.wad.

EDIT : Servers ports are being attributed like this:

"casual" servers (FCT/Survival/Coop/FFA) : ports 12000 to 13000.
"competitive" servers (Duels/TDM/CTF) : ports 13000 to 14000.

EDIT2 : the private ZDDL4 server has been removed, replaced with ZDDL4 non-private.

EDIT3: Some (doubling) servers have been removed. Only most of the "competitive" servers are up with their doubles.
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some reflexion (and as I got some money problems), I have decided to SHUTDOWN one of our machines ; the ProZD one, with only CTF / Duels servers.

Don't fear though! As we had our new machine, I already "transfered" the servers to the new one (the day I received it)!

Also, don't hesitate to support us! If there's no news, no server suggestion, it can go bad after some time, and I don't really like that.

But again, BIG Thanks playing in our servers! I'm hoping you are having a nice stay there Smile
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For testing purposes, I've added an oldschool server with DaemonKil.wad Smile

No need to download the latest wad from it's topic, and delete it if your version is different.
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Wink
BTW: i just logged-in in my notebook and i don't have the wad here, and i tried to join the server and it downloaded the map, but it says to me that the wad is different from server, it is running the outdated version or it's just part of the test?
Greetings.
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not at all!

Actually, you played on the server before 6:AM , the time of the rebooting of the servers ; so it is normal that the version was outdated Razz

I've tried again atm, and I was able to download and join the server perfectly Smile
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right indeed, i joined correctly this time Smile
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have updated our servers. Here's what's modified.

INSIDE THE SERVER UPDATES
• We've added a specific reboot time for the new server (ironically enough, they NEVER rebooted, leading in some problems in some other games). It will reboot everyday at 6AM (GMT+1).

WAD UPDATES
• As asked yesterday, I've updated the ZDMegaCTF server to 1h_rc3 ! I've also added a bonusmap, hibiscusprime_zdm1h.
Thank you Evolution for this suggestion (and most importantly the update), it has been done Smile .

CFG/SERVERS UPDATES
• We are slowly going to update the servernames to match our new server naming criterias.
• We have added a special character on the SCRIM/PRIVATE servers to be easily findable.
• One ZDMegaCTF server is now a Private server for true clanmatchs, as requested by some players. Other servers have been renamed to SCRIM servers, for better visibility. Of course, ask me the password ; I'll change it only a clanmatch is done.

I hope that you're enjoying playing in our servers Smile .
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Keep up the good work, man Smile
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Chronique Smile

CFG/SERVERS UPDATES
• Zduels32: Added Item Respawn for Shoot! I know the wad is played sometimes, but not a lot on this map, but I wanted to be sure this gonna be fixed.
• ZCL2013 : Until someone gives me a valuable reason, I'm stopping this server (reason: nobody plays, ZDMegaCTF is used instead)
• Fune13 BFG Edition: Modified slightly some DMFlags.

By the way, tomorrow, I'm going to ask Domains for some EXP-registering on the transfered servers.

Anyway, I'd love to get new wad suggestions, so if you're having some, let's go!
And, if people care for small donations (I'm having small difficulties to rent the 2 servers), please go on o/

Last edited by Ch0wW on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: