ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #18 - [H]eavily [R]andomized !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #18 - [H]eavily [R]andomized ! Reply with quote

Salut à tous Smile

Once again, I'll start with a quick recap of the FCT happenings!
It seems that, once more, we have scored a new block-buster session! The V.I.P. game mode seems to still be enjoyed (5 players as I'm writing this), and the balance doesn't look critical. Chow is still working on the mod to make it even better, and fix the few remaining bugs. You can give him Kudos! \o/
About our first ever huge success, the shopping hub, it will be finished REALLY soon! Wink
Now, let's go with tonight's event! Once gain, I am sorry for this late post, but we were trying to break some Heretic-N records last night, and I completely forgot about it! Surprised
This day's event was also written by Ch0wW! Let's discover what wew are talking about... Smile

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #18 – [H]eavily [R]andomized !
While the misleading title can make you believe that we are re-running a previous FCT, it's not the case at all!
When spawning, a countdown will start. Once reaching 0, you will loose your current weapon and get another one. The weapons given are random, and range from the chainsaw to the plasma gun.
Everyone will get the same weapon; no unbalance! Expect a total... blast if you get Rocket Launchers! Razz
This madness will be played on Hell Revaled!
ZDAEMON BUG ALERT
Because the client doesn't sync weapons with the server correctly using ACS methods, you will have to wait/refire your gun for the client to properly get the newly earned weapon!

Some basic settings for today!
  • Server: BaseQ.fr
  • Gamemode: Survival
  • Lives: 1
  • Files: FCT18.zip, hr.zip
  • DMFlags1: 218695720
  • DMFlags2: 823601680

Now for the special gameplay changes, here is how the episodes will play:
  • Episode 1 will be played with normal rules and a visible change-timer.
  • Episode 2 will be played with 2* monster health and a change-timer only visible the 5 seconds before switching.
  • Episode 3 will be played with a random maplist, 2* monster damage and without the change-timer.

Nothing is broken again! And to celebrate, I didn't plan anything!

The madness will be starting at 21h (GMT+1).

We hope you will like this session! Very Happy
A bientôt sur le serveur. Smile

Last edited by Oxyde on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FCT this week was fun, but unfortunately, there are some bugs that didn't happen while we were playtesting that prior to the release of the FCT...

Also, seems there is a crash due to the weapon switching (too much logs)...

I will release a fix in a few moments, which will probably fix the following problem.

I've tweaked also the weapons, and might remove the fist, as it was a game-ruiner.

Finally, a retweaking of the timer is planned, being this time dynamic.

Sorry again if the game was long, and sometimes boring...

Code:

----------------------------------------
Random Weapons - Part 2

Version 1.11
Created by Ch0wW - http://www.baseq.fr

Changelog:
Version 1.11 (HOTFIX):
   - Fixed an IMPORTANT BUG where other players weren't able to get a random weapon.
   - Fixed a possible crash with the dynamic timer.

Version 1.1 (Post FCT):
   - New weapons are now hudmessages only (so, no logs) --> were logs a reasons of multiple badpackets, and thus, crashing?
   - EVERY single weapon is now taken once a pickup is done (even the BFG!)
   - Added mod_dynamictime , for making able changes of time once a timer is set.
   - Added a CVAR mod_weapontype (0: from SG to RailGun, easier to go into action, 1: every weapon except BFG, FCT-like)
   - Fixed a stupid bug where min & max values were... the same.
   - Added Worst's Random function ( Thanks to rhinoduck & Sr69Mm-jC for documenting their thoughts! ==> http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=15371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 )

Version 1.0:
   - Initial Version

----------------------------------------

Wad fixed : http://dl.baseq.fr/doom/wads/FCT18fix2.zip

HOW TO RUN?

Here are the following CVARs:
Code:

// NECESSARY ONES!!
set gametype "4"   // SURVIVAL
set maxlives  "1"   // 1-Life only!

// Mod CVARs
set mod_showtime "1"    // 0: off (only sound heards), 1: 5secs warning, 2: always
set mod_dynamictime "0" // 0: time cannot be changed once the timer finishes, 1: able to change time when the timer finishes
set mod_weapontype 0 // 0: Wp from SG to RailGun, 1: Classic FCT18 weapons (from chainsaw to RG)
set mod_timetype 1 // 0 : fixed time, 1: random time
set mod_time 20  // Time used with mod_timetype set to 0

set mod_randmintime 10  // Min random time
set mod_randmaxtime 20 // Max random time

That's all!

Edit : Episode 1 has now a lower time (30 secs).

Episode 2 now has no more 2x HP monsters, but has now random time from 15 to 60 seconds!

Episode 3 has now random time from 20 to 50 seconds!
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite liked the part where you made each weapon last like only 5 seconds. Smile Having to constantly change your tactics makes for some intense fights.
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep! And some levels have a shorter time now.

The limit for a fixed time is between 15 secs & 180 secs, by the way... Maybe I'll renerf it to 10 to 180 secs later...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: