ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMPRESA PGP CTF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: EMPRESA PGP CTF Reply with quote

OK I WANT SOME MAPS OF OUR WAD IN ZDMEGA!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://guides2.clanservers.com/wads/empresapgp.zip

ok ill wait
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These maps have no place in zdmegactf. Also way to copy paste poptart cat from corectf. =^_^=
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This map pack gave me cancer.
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collision wrote:
Lets get right down to business...

It was brought to my attention this evening that someone contributing to the project you have posted has blatantly ripped something from a map of mine without permission.

Of course I am talking about my (nyan) Poptart Cat floor decal from corectf map10 you put in your map11. You seem to think that this awesome detail I incorporated will some how increase the value of your map. I strongly disagree.

I am disappointing that you did not ask my permission but instead you plagiarized an innovative detail from the chaoscore project.

I'd like to think that there is a level of respect between doom mappers and within the general mapping / modding community for things like this to be avoided. But judging by your blatant uncredited stealing, you clearly have no respect for me, my map, the wad or the mapping community.

The best part about this is. you LITERALLY copy and pasted from poptart cat. There was no artistic changes or modifications to it to make it unique your wad. THIS IS an exact copy, down to the last node.

What I find a bit amusing is the fact that there was NO attempt to contact me to ask for permission to use my amazing floor decals for your ctf map (project).

I am on zdirc and quakenet almost daily.

My name IS in the map where you purposely ripped the decal from, there is no excuse for stealing anything from our project.

I don't think any amount of poptart cats can salvage that piece of garbage map that they were pasted into.

I made a quick video showcasing some time stamped wads / prefabs for your viewing pleasure in case you would try to play poptart cat off as your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA3tnX9tjAY

My hope is that if you have any self respect or respect for the rest of the mapping community, you will remove my decal from this wad.

I understand that imitation is the best form of flattery, imitation implies similarity but with a sense of uniqueness. Unfortunately this is no imitation.

In happier news. We are nearing the finish line for Chaoscore ctf. After about 4 years of development, myself and the rest of the Corectf development team are excited to be releasing a brand new set of competitive Capture the Flag maps in the near future for everyone's enjoyment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhoulSlayeR wrote:
This map pack gave me cancer.

I don't find that funny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ShadowStalker
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caboose wrote:
Collision wrote:
Lets get right down to business...

It was brought to my attention this evening that someone contributing to the project you have posted has blatantly ripped something from a map of mine without permission.

Of course I am talking about my (nyan) Poptart Cat floor decal from corectf map10 you put in your map11. You seem to think that this awesome detail I incorporated will some how increase the value of your map. I strongly disagree.

I am disappointing that you did not ask my permission but instead you plagiarized an innovative detail from the chaoscore project.

I'd like to think that there is a level of respect between doom mappers and within the general mapping / modding community for things like this to be avoided. But judging by your blatant uncredited stealing, you clearly have no respect for me, my map, the wad or the mapping community.

The best part about this is. you LITERALLY copy and pasted from poptart cat. There was no artistic changes or modifications to it to make it unique your wad. THIS IS an exact copy, down to the last node.

What I find a bit amusing is the fact that there was NO attempt to contact me to ask for permission to use my amazing floor decals for your ctf map (project).

I am on zdirc and quakenet almost daily.

My name IS in the map where you purposely ripped the decal from, there is no excuse for stealing anything from our project.

I don't think any amount of poptart cats can salvage that piece of garbage map that they were pasted into.

I made a quick video showcasing some time stamped wads / prefabs for your viewing pleasure in case you would try to play poptart cat off as your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA3tnX9tjAY

My hope is that if you have any self respect or respect for the rest of the mapping community, you will remove my decal from this wad.

I understand that imitation is the best form of flattery, imitation implies similarity but with a sense of uniqueness. Unfortunately this is no imitation.

In happier news. We are nearing the finish line for Chaoscore ctf. After about 4 years of development, myself and the rest of the Corectf development team are excited to be releasing a brand new set of competitive Capture the Flag maps in the near future for everyone's enjoyment.

I never thought that a simple decal would bring me many headaches
But partly you have some reason, it's your decal and i should have ask your permission but that's not a reason to make a video accusing me of "stealing" your decal when I never was assuring that decal belonging me, anyone can make a copypaste and take anything of any map or wad even the dumbest can do it

For example:

1- if i use textures taken from a wad do i have to ask permission to the wad creator cause i have taken their textures ?

2- If i draw a box and use textures from doom2 in doombuilder do i have to ask permission to ID software ?

3- If i want to make a nyan cat decal why would i ask permission ? perhaps just you can make a nyan cat in your maps ?

of course not but yeah i copy and pasted from your wad and i admit it but WAIT ! nyan cat is a drawing that isn't yours, So you asked permission to the nyan cat autor ? OF COURSE NOT

I just imagine how much time you loose doing that video and uploading it makes me think that you have nothing to do LOL I NEVER ASSURE THAT DECAL IS MINE but it's okay, if you want me to erase that stupid decal I will also you should do it cause NYAN CAT IS NOT YOURS.
Code:

Last edited by ShadowStalker on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#EPICWINRAPIDIN
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowStalker wrote:

I just imagine how much time you loose doing that video and uploading it makes me think that you have nothing to do

I was wondering the same thing actually....
Damn, so much for so little.

I guess that means I now have to go erase the little pacmac drawing I drew in my college book, otherwise toru iwatani will be making a video of me side-by-side comparing his and mine, and I sure as hell dont want to look bad!

-
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bless_ wrote:
ShadowStalker wrote:

I just imagine how much time you loose doing that video and uploading it makes me think that you have nothing to do

I was wondering the same thing actually....
Damn, so much for so little.

I guess that means I now have to go erase the little pacmac drawing I drew in my college book, otherwise toru iwatani will be making a video of me side-by-side comparing his and mine, and I sure as hell dont want to look bad!

-

You drew it. That's funny, because shadowstalker didn't draw it rofl. it's called "copy & paste"
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to get myself involved into this, but c'mon guys..

Collision wrote:

You're making such a big scene (you could've just send him a PM) over a few lines that anyone could've drawn themselves.
The authors of Batman Doom for example,
how many times have their textures been used without them being credited?
I expected a whole map to be copied, instead it's just a few lines.

yeah, ofcourse he could've asked you and he should have done so.
but in a small community like this you don't expect someone to accuse you of stealing (and post videos) for such a small thing.
(and i mean, c'mon.. Nyan cat? Rolling Eyes )

But, Collision. You are valid here;
This can be avoided very easily next time, just ask/credit eachother. Smile!

I hope you guys can shake hands again, now that ShadowStalker has deleted the decals!

Happy fraggin'! Wink
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, but i think doom is made for much drama

also we really sorry about that coll, that can be avoided just asking you.

i hope we still being friends ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: