ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C1PH3R challenges DOOM duelists to a test of endurance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac0b
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: C1PH3R challenges DOOM duelists to a test of endurance! Reply with quote

A veteran ZDaemon player making his official return to the ZDaemon community under the moniker C1PH3R has issued an endurance duel challenge to duelists throughout the DOOM universe, at least those willing to accept his challenge on the ZDaemon platform. Players choosing to accept C1PH3R’s challenge may choose the map that the duel will take place on from a pool of 7 maps of the 64 maps featured in the WAD: Jacob’s Ladder. Those map selections are:

Map06: Dweller2 M11
Map30: XenosX9 M04
Map38: Oblivx
Map49: SIPOOMA
Map47: Judas23_
Map53: Moo2D
Map58: Lazarus1J M04

The server host is Dwango United – Jacob’s Ladder #02. Old school, almost vanilla duel DM settings apply, as are usually featured on Dwango United - Jacob’s Ladder servers. The endurance frag limit is 100, the time limit unlimited. DVOX_beta4.WAD, a home brewed announcement VOX will accompany the match. All matches will be recorded and later posted for community viewing. The behavior of “rage quitting” or voluntarily exiting the match while it is in progress will be considered as a lost match.

Live spectators will be permitted, but are encouraged to keep chatter to a considerate minimum.

If interested in accepting this duel challenge, send a private message to C1PH3R on ZDaemon and schedule a date/time for the challenge to take place. Remember to keep it clean and… happy fragging.

This challenge supports the notion that "All should be fed and all should be free."

OurHero
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is too easy i will duel this guy on judas
[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OurHero wrote:
this is too easy i will duel this guy on judas

+1
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun. I'll move this to the new scrims and matches section, but I'll leave a ghost topic here for visibility.
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my mind Thadeuss Razz. Good luck with your duels Cipher, I've never heard of you but still welcome back.
jac0b
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bless_ wrote:
[DA]DarthBane wrote:
omg kal_foxis has return Rolling Eyes

Yeah I was gonna say, wtf, this isnt any old schooler coming back. He's been around. Still playing just quitting whenever he gets mad but comes back after two days. Anyways, I'm pretty sure thats kalfoxis but still this sounds fun, so I'll be up for the challenge. You already know where to find me.
Zdaemon IRC #FI #ZCL

Good luck and enjoy your stay hahaha

The term that I used was "veteran doomer" and I do think that he qualifies as such given the number of years and hours he has put into ZDaemon. From my perspective, the term "old school" when applied to a Doomer, refers to a player who was active during the vanilla doom era, the 1990's, prior to the advent of ported versions of the game.

Moving beyond technicalities, please allow me to comment on this situation as I have received some overwhelmingly negative comments/responses...

I never knew the *original* KalFoxis. I came into touch with this player when I was brand new to ZDaemon (about 1 year ago) and got to chatting with him about ZDaemon out of interest as I played multi-player vanilla Doom in the 90's and was curious to hear about its ported progression.

Soon after, I began work on the "Jacob's Ladder" duel compilation project and he was one of few people that I knew who had the knowledge that was necessary in order to make that project come to life. Specifically, he recommended maps that had been played throughout the years on ZD which might be included in the WAD, reviewed a myriad of WADs & maps that the team sampled for potential inclusion in the WAD, and play-tested every version of Jacob's Ladder, all the way up to version Beta08.

During the time that I've spent working and playing with this player, I have received many many many negative comments about him as a player and as a person, to which I have responded, indicating that while the history I'm hearing about is possible, it isn't relevant to me in the sense that now is a different time and in this time, I have not been able to relate through my own experiences to the negative things that others have said about him. I have yet to understand why people put so much effort into shaping my view of another player.

Regardless of the past, I think that there is something to be said for allowing the present to be as it is. Those that continue to rehash the past already know the conclusion that they are going to arrive at... and how does that afford them any interesting possibilities? If you have arrived at your own conclusions regarding the player, then that is OK, but hanging those conclusions over my head and bringing negativity into my sphere is a choice that you make in the present and involves me as well. I have done nothing to bring any of the same upon you. Therefore, if you have things to share with the player, then please contact the player directly if you feel the need to share your thoughts and feelings.

As far as this event is concerned, this is an open endurance duel challenge, something rare and unique in terms of ZD culture. It is an invitation from the player to engage in the game under certain conditions. One of those conditions is that the match will be recorded and made available for others to view via the web later on. If anything occurs that warrants a dispute, it will be clear to all within the resulting demo.

If you cannot accept the challenge (for any reason) then you are free to decline. If you choose to accept it, then you choose to accept it, and there you are.

Please do not take this post as an attempt at curbing the past, ignoring reality, and so on. I am simply asking those who wish to partake in this event to do so in a positive way if possible and if there is negativity that must be vented, to vent it in the appropriate direction. Given that I cannot relate to your problematic past (assuming you have one) with the original Kalfoxis, the appropriate direction to vent is not in this direction.

To the endurance duelists who decide to take on this challenge, good luck, keep it clean, and stay in school!
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned up.

Stick to the topic as best as possible.

Edit: After a lengthly discussion, the split topic has been moved back. If any discussion referring to this happens to make it back into this topic, attempt to not let it get out of control.

Split topic for reference:
http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=15379
jac0b
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF-Domains.net wrote:

Edit: After a lengthly discussion, the split topic has been moved back. If any discussion referring to this happens to make it back into this topic, attempt to not let it get out of control.

I'm confused as to why this thread was moved from general chatter to clans and scrims. There is no connection between the thread & active clan life. Question
jac0b
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Questions for C1PH3R Reply with quote

I had a chance to ask C1PH3R a few of the questions that players have posed upon learning of his return to the ZD community. You may view those questions and answers here:

http://pastebin.com/9YJSvQFb
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jac0b wrote:
I'm confused as to why this thread was moved from general chatter to clans and scrims. There is no connection between the thread & active clan life. Question

This thread was moved here because of this connection.
This subforum is meant for general challenges and not only for clans Wink
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that pastebin and wow haha... Kalfoxis you really crack me up, aliasing and pretending to be some veteran doomer from many years ago. I've seen you over the years over and over again cheat on multiple ports, not just Zdaemon...

Quote:
2. Why were you banned from ZDaemon years ago?

After seeing the things Cecil went through to get people off his back I had then decided to try the same thing. I saw it as a self punishment. I Loaded up a zdhook on zDaemon while on teamspeak and got banned the moment it connected to the server. I must admit it was a stupid move but a necessary move on my life with zDaemon. it was me forcing myself to try and move on and try new things.. in which I got to play other games and not have to worry about people giving me greif and always putting me down. to me it seemed unfair that I had to deal with so much grief over little things.

I'd totally believe you if you tried it just once but when seeing you cheat on other ports the last few years because you could evade just sounds and smells like total bullshit to me. Also if you feel like doom and zdaemon are taking over your life getting yourself banned doesn't help as much as just uninstalling the game and moving onto something else, that's what most people would do, or just not running it once in a while...

Quote:
3. In making your return to ZD in 2012, why have you changed names several times?

I have used other names just to avoid the overall grief that still ensues this day. it's also a maneuver to try and clean slate so the grief wouldn't start. a attempt to try and be better on all my social factors with people. (I have Aspergers, being social is harder for me than you think.)

Yeah that really helps when you tell people your kalfoxis and get people to post for you. If you really want a clean slate either make a new nickname and dont speak to anyone you use to. Or even better just be nice to people and get people to regain respect in you as a doom player.

Quote:
4. How do you approach ZD life differently now?

I am trying to approach zD life more casual and laid back. I'm trying not to use too much profound language around people. im also trying to give as little rage as possible. I'd like to prove that I'm not as bad as people seem to think.

Yeah right ok, I vaguely remember a month or two back I started playing you and you raging at me telling me I was a cheater over and over again. Real calm eh whilst ragequitting our match.

Quote:
5. What do you seek from members of the ZD community?

I seek Forgiveness. I seek chances to become a better known person around here and not be known as a "dumb ass". I seek less drama and grief. other than that all I want is to be approach as a equal individual and not be stepped on like a doormat.

Your pretty far down the road from getting respect, but if you truly want to be forgiven you might wanna stop acting like an asshole in duels, quit talking about being a furry (no one wants to know what your favourite fetishs are), be polite to honest players, put in the effort and help the community rather than being a pain in the ass.

If you followed those tips I'd probably respect you.
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffles wrote:
Just read that pastebin and wow haha... Kalfoxis you really crack me up, aliasing and pretending to be some veteran doomer from many years ago. I've seen you over the years over and over again cheat on multiple ports, not just Zdaemon...

Quote:
2. Why were you banned from ZDaemon years ago?

After seeing the things Cecil went through to get people off his back I had then decided to try the same thing. I saw it as a self punishment. I Loaded up a zdhook on zDaemon while on teamspeak and got banned the moment it connected to the server. I must admit it was a stupid move but a necessary move on my life with zDaemon. it was me forcing myself to try and move on and try new things.. in which I got to play other games and not have to worry about people giving me greif and always putting me down. to me it seemed unfair that I had to deal with so much grief over little things.

I'd totally believe you if you tried it just once but when seeing you cheat on other ports the last few years because you could evade just sounds and smells like total bullshit to me. Also if you feel like doom and zdaemon are taking over your life getting yourself banned doesn't help as much as just uninstalling the game and moving onto something else, that's what most people would do, or just not running it once in a while...

Quote:
3. In making your return to ZD in 2012, why have you changed names several times?

I have used other names just to avoid the overall grief that still ensues this day. it's also a maneuver to try and clean slate so the grief wouldn't start. a attempt to try and be better on all my social factors with people. (I have Aspergers, being social is harder for me than you think.)

Yeah that really helps when you tell people your kalfoxis and get people to post for you. If you really want a clean slate either make a new nickname and dont speak to anyone you use to. Or even better just be nice to people and get people to regain respect in you as a doom player.

Quote:
4. How do you approach ZD life differently now?

I am trying to approach zD life more casual and laid back. I'm trying not to use too much profound language around people. im also trying to give as little rage as possible. I'd like to prove that I'm not as bad as people seem to think.

Yeah right ok, I vaguely remember a month or two back I started playing you and you raging at me telling me I was a cheater over and over again. Real calm eh whilst ragequitting our match.

Quote:
5. What do you seek from members of the ZD community?

I seek Forgiveness. I seek chances to become a better known person around here and not be known as a "dumb ass". I seek less drama and grief. other than that all I want is to be approach as a equal individual and not be stepped on like a doormat.

Your pretty far down the road from getting respect, but if you truly want to be forgiven you might wanna stop acting like an asshole in duels, quit talking about being a furry (no one wants to know what your favourite fetishs are), be polite to honest players, put in the effort and help the community rather than being a pain in the ass.

If you followed those tips I'd probably respect you.

[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% on the money fluffles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: