Joined: 23 Nov 2003
|Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:26 pm Post subject: Rules (Shorter version)
|As promised, I decided to make a shorter version of the rules. Here it is:
- Zdaemon CTF League uses a round robin as the format for the main season. Under this system, each team in a division will play every other team one time during regular season.
- All rounds are a best of three. If at the end of three games both teams are still tied, the round will be considered a draw, unless the game is a playoff (See playoffs for more info).
- Each week a different map will be played. The map order will be selected by a random number generator.
- Team availability must be given to a ZCL admin before 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on Monday of that week. Missing the deadline may result in your team being penalized.
- When scheduling or rescheduling a game be sure to give the ZCL admins at least 24 hours head notice so that we can assign a referee to the game.
- There is a ten minute grace period for a game. This means that teams must be on the server and ready to play within ten minutes of the scheduled game time. If a team is not ready ten minutes after the scheduled game time, the other team is free to declare victory if they choose.
- Games cannot be rescheduled unless captains from BOTH teams agree to do so and a league administrator approves the rescheduling.
- One person from the free agency is allowed to fill in for a team if the team does not have sufficient players to start a game, however one player is the limit. If a team requires more than one player from the free agency, they will have to either forfeit or reschedule (If the other team agrees!).
- Trading is allowed up until the end of the second week of ZCL. Captains are free to trade any player with another team or with the free agency, however each team is allowed a maximum of two trades per season.
- Under no circumstances will a match be paused or restarted due to a player being dropped or timing out. Matches must continue uninhibited even if a team has a disadvantage.
- If two teams cannot come to an agreement on which server to play their game on, they will have play on the default server. For the American division the default server is Borrowed Time in Dallas, Texas. For the European division it is L@P Europe.