ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

screen minimizes at random during gameplay 1.09

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: screen minimizes at random during gameplay 1.09 Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
I am trying to figure out if their is a correlation of events that makes it happen but I am only mashing the action and movement keys when it does. The best description I can give is that when things get real intense action wise it seems to happen more often.

My demos will probably show me stopping completely mid battle or getting killed and taking longer than usual to re spawn due to the fact I must re-maximize the screen

im running it on vista if that helps.

Some more info from Beast:

• Running in fullscreen
  • No other programs open (not sure if that includes programs minimized to tray)
  • Does not happen when just spectating a game
  • Happens only during a heated game when pressing keys
  • Using WASDE + spacebar + all mousebuttons
  • Allegedly other vista users experience the same problem (would like to hear from them as well)

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem or have an explanation what could cause this?
I have the feeling it might be due to hitting some special windows key combination by mistake that minimizes the window (e.g. windows key + D). To rule out that its the windows key you can disable it as described here.

Here are some comments from people that seem to experience something similar with other games:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/108275-13-full-screen-games-randomly-minimize#1713013
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110527024615AAUKNOk
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21450432-
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a similar problem back 6 months ago or so, Vista, about when the shit was really going on the game the window just minimized to the taskbar leaving my doomguy zombie there, it seemed that by pressing certain keys mouselook would get out of the game and tap selecting over the taskbar icons, but it was when I used to play with the maximized 640*480 window, so just fixed it running the game in Fullscreen mode.
If Beast is running it in Fullscreen already well, sorry I do not figure it either. Confused
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that this has to do anything with Zdaemon at all. I never experienced this and I play hard too sometimes. My pro tip would be to check if the key combination pressed interfere with some other hidden running program's (or some built in windows feature's) hotkey combination.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body-Guard wrote:
I highly doubt that this has to do anything with Zdaemon at all. I never experienced this and I play hard too sometimes. My pro tip would be to check if the key combination pressed interfere with some other hidden running program's (or some built in windows feature's) hotkey combination.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/minimize-all-open-windows-to-view-the-desktop

If there is some other combination beside what Microsoft lists here I'd like to know.

My clan mate Tai(wargreymen53321234) has experienced this as well I will ask him to share his experience.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:

If there is some other combination beside what Microsoft lists here I'd like to know.

Besides the one listed in your link there is Winkey + D as mentioned in my initial post.

Since you use WASD its likely that you hit D and the windows key by mistake. Thats why i'd suggest disabling the winkey as described in my first post and see if the problem persists.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry phenoix I missed that, and indeed when I press that combo it minimizes, I will try disabling the windows key as I rarely if ever use it and see if my experience changes

UPDATE:

I disabled my windows button by adding a registry key ( windows vista), by doing the following:

I first attempted to manually to manually add the binary key which would disable the functionality of the windows key. This was not possible with the listed instructions from the Microsoft website.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216893#LetMeFixItMyselfAlways

After figuring out that this is more than likely written for what appears to be an earlier form of the windows registry I ended up using the prepackages tool to make the change in the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216893

RESULTS:

I was whoopen all sorts of booty last night without the minimize issue happening. I will continue to test to see if indeed I was pressing the d plus windows key and minimizing my screen during gameplay.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Rejected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: