ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #14 - Tonight, we buy in hell!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #14 - Tonight, we buy in hell! Reply with quote

Hello tout le monde!

We are all working hard to make new innovating ideas for Zdaemon.
As the previous week was completely crazy with the yet simple but working idea that everybody floats, we want this week to re-run a famous FCT that everybody liked.

Of course, a new version will come up soon in a few week, so we wanted to give this session as a reminder!

C'est pourquoi je vais vous présenter cette semaine ceci!

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #14 – Tonight, we buy, in hell!
We are in the jungle. A jungle infested of money-making monsters. Armed with your pistol, you will soon notice that every teleporter leads you... To a shop! Seriously, you really think that you will survive with such a small gun? So what are you waiting for? Kill monsters, cooperate, gear up, and survive together, marines!

The episodic changes will be slightly different this time.
  • Server: BaseQ.fr
  • Gamemode: Survival
  • IWAD: Plutonia
  • Lives: 1
  • PWAD(s): FCT14.zip
  • DMFlags1: 218972192
  • DMFlags2: 823602880

And what does the stranger say with all the episodic changes?
  • Stranger says that Episode 1 (Maps 01 -> 10) will be started with a shotgun, but in a random order!
  • But Stranger thinks too that Episode 2 (Maps 11 -> 20 + Secrets) must be played with stronger monsters!
  • As Stranger loves challenges, Episode 3 (Maps 21 -> 30) will be played with 2x powerful monsters & Fast Monsters. But you will get awarded with Vampire mode.

Stableness at hand! Some levels might even be easier due to this mode!

The Shopping madness will be starting at 21h (GMT+1). Careful not to spend a lot!!

We hope you will like this session! Very Happy
A bientôt sur le serveur. Smile
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have reached 25 players at one point, will Zdaemon ever succeed at reaching a 50-players server? Smile
Anyways, thanks to everybody who joined!
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has either reached it or came close to it several times at TNS Wink
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mod has a lot of potential but I think it needs some work. My main gripe is that it sometmes makes things tedious rather than fun. Like when you have to play a map full of tough monsters with only weak weapons (shotgun, chaingun, or even just a pistol). Often it's not really much harder, it just takes a lot more time to do and thus the game becomes boring.

Maybe the focus should be on bying health, armor and other useful items instead of weapons and ammo. Like, remove all health from the maps but bring the weapons back. This way, even if you don't have money, the game still will be fun. You will still be able to play aggressively and kill a lot of stuff but it will take some skills to not get hit often. The punishment for being poor will not be "play in an extremely boring way, kill 20 cybers with a pistol" but "play very well and have fun, use good weapons to kill the cybers but don't get hit!". Something like that. Smile
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:

Oh, I would love to be part of a 50-players event! Surprised
I think the newer shopping FCT will help on that!

Memfis wrote:
This mod has a lot of potential but I think it needs some work. My main gripe is that it sometmes makes things tedious rather than fun. Like when you have to play a map full of tough monsters with only weak weapons (shotgun, chaingun, or even just a pistol). Often it's not really much harder, it just takes a lot more time to do and thus the game becomes boring.

Maybe the focus should be on bying health, armor and other useful items instead of weapons and ammo. Like, remove all health from the maps but bring the weapons back. This way, even if you don't have money, the game still will be fun. You will still be able to play aggressively and kill a lot of stuff but it will take some skills to not get hit often. The punishment for being poor will not be "play in an extremely boring way, kill 20 cybers with a pistol" but "play very well and have fun, use good weapons to kill the cybers but don't get hit!". Something like that. Smile

Well, you are right about the boring side-effect of things, but unfortunately that's one of the main problems we haven't been able to solve. Confused
Originally, we wanted to have everyone going back to the shop after a failed map, with a bit more money so that the next attempt would be a success. As of yet, ZDaemon doesn't have a public version which features sv_acs_world_exit (something that would have definitely been useful for Time Attack mode), and we couldn't figure a way of giving the players more money, but that's not the most difficult thing. Smile

For the newer version, we have already done the following things :
  • Added 6 new weapons via DEHSUPP.
  • Added a selling system to make weaker weapons a bit more useful.
  • Added more money-dropping spots so the thing doesn't get camped by 16 players.
  • Added 2 new armor types, for increased survivability.
  • Added more Santa Claus scripts! Very Happy
  • Changed the exit system on a percent basis. When 66% of the players are ready, the map ends.
  • Rebalanced prices.

That's a quick changelog of what's currently changed so the next one should be a blast. Your suggestion Memfis might be taken into consideration as I can easily see how it will help: Much more fun for a newly joining player and guaranteed cash for selling the weapons he's found in the map.

I can't think of anything right now, but I can show you this:
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New shopping mall looks (and sounds) awesome!

Kilgore wrote:

I surely don't have to explain to you the difference between "clients" and "players", do I? Laughing
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with Cybershark, this is very promising, will be looking forward to the next session with this mod.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: