ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FairDOOM DM Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RafaelB
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: FairDOOM DM Project Reply with quote

Hi, i was talking about ROX Clan/Ghotic popularity, and i thought a idea for the future of doom deathmatches.Create a more fair/equilibrated doom weapons.This is what i thought:

1.More fast fisting.(it have berserk, can be inaccurate).
2.More fast chainsaw and accurate(no weapon refire action).
3.silenced pistol, more fast to shoot, maybe more starting ammo,and accurate(no refire action).
4.shotgun more fast to shoot.
5.super shotgun keep original mode.
6.chaingun a bit more fast.
7.rocket 22 map units ball travel, or not slow to start shooting.
8.plasma gun keep original, or maybe 24 map units ball travel.
9.BFG blast damage wall impact, 100 or 120 cells per shot, 20 map units ball traveling and more slower to shoot.

This FaiRDooM is the most fair weapon combination.

If people make a plebiscite about this, we can get ID Software recognition about fairbfg.wad or fairdoom.wad, and make it official, like Hacx.wad, the hacx paid $5000 to sell and be recognized as official doom mod, why fairbfg.wad/fairdoom not? Today the price will be less than $5000.So, what do you think about this? But we need the recognize of people... Imagine all servers with this fairbfg or fair doom dm... Oh my god, itīs a dream.

But it can be REAL, if all PEOPLE encourage this idea Very Happy (and help me the $$ too kk i have some money)
Emui-Tan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This FaiRDooM is the most fair weapon combination." Because it have a letters F, a, i & R in a name, as i got.

So you call Id team "noob" and then create this? And then you want to pay $ to some noob team, simply becuase you have no idea about game and weapons from a game? Well, sadly your message to them wouldnt pass a spamfilter, but you can raise a funds and write it to me for my approval. I would change my opinion then, and let your dream of servers came true, i would even add you to whitelist, so the message wouldnt somehow lost in a travel, not because im greedy, but becausei want your dream came true, and because i just imagined all servers with this fairbfg or fair doom dm... and its my dream too now!

In fact i just like the way how you do the trolling, so gj man /!\
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RafaelB
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emui-Tan wrote:
you have no idea about game and weapons from a game?

Man, i know all weapons, i know doom source code and dehacked/decorate, and it was not made fair.Im at zdaemon since 2004.

Some people, of course, will think im spamming or something similar(BFG lovers, etc), but its serious, it can be made, hacx was not official and become official (and commercial) paying for ID recognization $5000.We only need ID software recognization, because they did the game, to create this fair deathmatch doom, because the weapons were created to cooperative, and they forgot to adapt to deathmatch.But im talking seriously, im willing to waste money for it, but i need help of the people too, imagine if all people accept this idea? We can change doom weapons DM, obviously the original 1993 weapons will ever exists, but ID Software exists and the ID Team can recognize/create a IWAD like 'fairdoom.wad', obviously to ID recognize it they will wish money, i will help with money too... Like i said, if the people donīt support this project, unfortunately will die, and we will continue with unfair doom weapons. Very Happy

Yes, you can call me as 'master noob' doing this, and exposing to ridiculous myself, but i ever wanted a more fair multiplayer for doom, its a dream but now im fighting to make it real recnized IWAD by ID Software.But i can do nothing without help, the project needs help of the people to be approved.I think EVEN BFG lovers would like a more fair BFG.Imagine if all people want this? it can be real, but people need help the project.Remember: The people is more powerful than the political(ID Software) Very Happy

Last edited by RafaelB on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emui-Tan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hint. You dont need a Id team approval to create a some wad what modifying a weapons in any way you like. Hint2, even if you somehow would fulfill your goal, and Id would let you to SELL your own wad from theyr official permission (as they did with hacx), it wouldnt mean in result what you will sell more than 0 copies, its only you who would take a risc. Hint3, even if you will sell\give-for-free enough copies of your wad, this doesnt turn any server into using it. Not every server use your beloved hacx, for example. Some doom servers use a modified weaponpacks. So no one would play your "fair" weaponpack even if you will pay ID team for it, so actual hint - you have to play for players so they will play it, not to ID. And hint4, if you will just create that wad and find some players who will play it for free - its should exactly fit your goal, so id suggest you focuse on that instead of fundraising. If you somehow would manage to do it in interesting for others - you wouldnt even have to pay a 1c, people would play it for free. In other case - look hint3 for additional help /!\
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RafaelB
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but some wads are recognized by ID Software differently, hacx is considered as IWAD, not a simple pwad.Maybe the fairdoom will not be real, but i need to try.I think not all will encourage this, because the weapons are from 1993, they were made unfair etc. itīs very hard, very very hard to recognize a project like this, i dont want to sell nothing, itīs a free 'patch' of doom2.wad, original 1993 weapons for coop and this for DM.But recognization to ALL people and ID Software will be much harder to get, because is 20 years of doom versus this project, maybe impossible.I will now ask about this project in ROX forums.

Well, maybe im dreaming too much... but i will create this dehacked, try call ID team and wait for a answer.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is anything unfair about doom weapons, as for balance, ID was very unlikely to get it perfect without any sort of extensive public testing, but i think they struck a pretty good balance.

BFG is sort of messed up, but that actually makes it more fun in many ways and it still has its deficiencies which prevent it from ruining the game(save for some cramped and ill-designed FFA maps).

I think it's quite bizarre you should come here some 20 years after the original doom release, call the BFG and ID team noobish and ask for money to fix issues with weapons noone else on these forums even recognised yet.

Get some grip will ya ?

Why do you post this in the clan section ?
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, locking this topic.

You just post in the clans section to tell us about unfair weapons, how bad Id Software is, your Wads projects ...

And stop talking about unbalanced weapons.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[unlocked again now it's out of the clan section]

I really must apologise for any way I may have inadvertently encouraged RafaelB in this. I only called my BFG mod "fairBFG" to be ironic, or because I couldn't think of a better name. I in no way endorse his campaign!

Raf: just forget it. The best you will ever get out of this is some PWAD modifier - like fastchainandrockets - which will maybe get used on a ZDS, some tourney or find home on a couple of minority servers. You can take this to Doomworld, Zandronum, Odamex or wherever but you will find essentially zero interest or support for it. If you think otherwise, then you're not just dreaming, you are seriously delusional.

However, we should thank you for the comedy gold you have provided for us all. We probably haven't had so much lolz since Kal Foxis, Tourettes or Swat Commander graced the forums with their presence. I think it's especially funny that the one gun that is most broke for DM is the one that you consider fine to stay as it is Laughing
RafaelB
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to discuss about this more here, because my posts is being barred.Please discuss it in

http://fairdoom.123guestbook.com/

My answer for you is in this site.
RafaelB
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bad people are using me as fake in Zandronum to promote the 'fairdoom' wad. I hate Zandronum, it sucks because anybody can use non-authorized nicks, i never login in it. I am 100% ZDaemoN Cool

I can prove it here in my official forum, ZDaemoN Brazil:

http://zdaemonbrasil.net78.net/index.php?topic=261.0

If you see any 'RafaelB' in Zandronum, it's 100% fake. Laughing
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FairDOOM DM Project Reply with quote

RafaelB wrote:

1.More fast fisting.(it have berserk, can be inaccurate).
2.More fast chainsaw and accurate(no weapon refire action).
3.silenced pistol, more fast to shoot, maybe more starting ammo,and accurate(no refire action).
8.plasma gun keep original, or maybe 24 map units ball travel.
9.BFG blast damage wall impact, 100 or 120 cells per shot, 20 map units ball traveling and more slower to shoot.

This FaiRDooM is the most fair weapon combination.

Holy crap... are you serious???
Why not just go ahead and turn the whole game in to a call of duty like deathmatch game.
This is doom.... and it will stay doom.
If you really want this then just make your own wad, make your own server and play in it with your friends....
I would never, NEVER, want to see this in the DM servers..

GL with your project!

-
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: FairDOOM DM Project Reply with quote

RafaelB wrote:

2.More fast chainsaw (...).
3.(...) pistol, more fast to shoot, (...).
8.plasma gun keep original (...).

Hehehe this is very similar to a weapon mod i made! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandatory link-age!

https://sites.google.com/site/doommaps/shinwm2_extrawep.zip?attredirects=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: