ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

issues about demo recording?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: issues about demo recording? Reply with quote

Hi there, well after all this tournaments and leagues' stuff running and asking for demos I noticed I ain't getting on the point to record games, sorry if there's already an answer for it. dunno what am I doing wrong, after right-clicking > record demo // pressing the auto-recording button I join the game, it seems fine till here, but after I close the in-game window theres no any record in the Demos folder. don't get it
guess everythings ok, going like this

Game Install directory > C:\ZDaemon
from the .ini file:
Code:
> demo_dir=C:\ZDaemon\Demos
> demo_defname=%USER%=%DATE%=%TIME%=%GAMETYPE%=%WAD%=%BASE%
> demo_extras=-netrecord %BASE%\Demos\%DATE%_%TIME%_%WAD%

^ standing obviously for the default demo name and the cmd. line parameter
It's been since always this problem, I remember once I modified some sheet in the .ini file and it worked for recording a 5 seconds demo, just thought "jeez it's fixed already" but now it comes to me that it is not.
oh btw, I'm getting sometimes this "bad packet (1001)" msg after ending a level, ctf mostly, dunno what does that mean but its a bit of annoy to see it on screen ://
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting settings you have there.
In the launcher do the following:
'Settings -> Demos -> Extra Cmd. Line Parameters' and remove '-netrecord %BASE%\Demos\%DATE%_%TIME%_%WAD%' ... it should be empty.

Next go to 'Settings -> Demos -> Default Demo Name' and set it to:
%USER%_%DATE%_%TIME%_%GAMETYPE%_%WAD%
DONT use %BASE% and its better to use _ instead of =.

Lastly go to 'Settings -> General -> Extra Command Line Parameters' and make sure its empty and you dont have '-netrecord %BASE%\Demos\%DATE%_%TIME%_%WAD%' set there as well.

to record demos always enable autorecord on top of the launcher (red button)
otherwise right click and 'record demo' on a server.
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the %BASE% was ruining it all? lol, man phenex thanks for the reply it worked, don't even know what does that -netrecord stand for and why it was there, just forgot everything...
and the bad packet message, it's something I shouldn't give that much importance here?
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can ignore the "Bad Packet (1001)" message, as it rarely happens when finishing a level.

I think the origins are unknown yet, but I guess the server wants to send something that is corrupted (someone was killed at the very same time the server ended?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: