ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spectating players with active auto-map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Spectating players with active auto-map Reply with quote

If a player activates auto-map and you spectate the player, it would be a nice feature if you also could see the auto-map of the player instead of a still standing player.
If the player uses the "following mode" or the player moves the spectator also should see that.
If the player leaves auto-map it should be the normal view.

Opinions?
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I couldn't vote "yes" here.

There isn't anything that prevents you from opening the automap on your client too if you wish to do so. At the same time, I wouldn't want the game to dictate me what to see; I'd like to see what *I* wish to see - and to be honest I don't think I've ever wished to see how some other player is interacting with his map.

Is there a specific wad or a setting where this change would be very handy? Some scripted gamemode and stuff like that? Or is your suggestion targeted at any average wad in first place? Because if it's the former it would be nice to hear about this specific wad/setting but if it's the latter.. well, see above.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Sr. I wouldn't want it to be anymore obvious than it already is just how often I get lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: