ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SSG ammo count glitch - 2 shells showing, none actually left

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: SSG ammo count glitch - 2 shells showing, none actually left Reply with quote

EDIT: Release dates corrected.
EDIT2: Added a link to associated demo. Added a link to another related thread.
EDIT3: Make links point to a new domain.

There is a related bug from the past and another related bug from the past but I felt like this deserved a new thread. Feel free to merge these as appropriate.

Client release in the video: 2012-10-25 (the glitch was already present in previous releases)
Server release in the video: 2012-09-06 (Win)

Demo: http://rhinoduck.mooo.com/downloads/temp/2012.10.29_12.49.38_tnt.zdd
Video: http://rhinoduck.mooo.com/downloads/temp/ZD_SSG_ammo_glitch.avi (skip to 1:20)

Download the video linked above and watch the "magic" happen the first time shell count should go from 16 to 14 (AFAIR the value when this happens need not be 16 every time). It causes your weapon to switch to something else when it is still showing that you have 2 shells left. You can switch back to SSG and fire but the seemingly free shells that you got do no damage.

Strangely enough, if you record a demo of this and then play it, everything seems fine in it - the ammo count decreases as it should, SSG switches to another weapon when ammo count shown is 0 and not 2, and when you switch back and try to fire, it instantly switches to another weapon without showing a fake shot.

The trigger of this problem may be packet loss because it does not happen regularly. What puzzles me though is that the demos seem fine so the problem probably lies only in what is shown to the player.

To close this post I will also mention what may be a related issue, sometimes I noticed my cell count being 640 - unfortunately i have no more details on this one.

Last edited by rhinoduck on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: SSG ammo count glitch - 2 shells showing, none actually Reply with quote

rhinoduck wrote:
There is a related bug from the past and another related bug from the past but I felt like this deserved a new thread. Feel free to merge these as appropriate.

All add one more *possibly* related topic (just in case): here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Confirmed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: