ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #029 - The Rebirth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: FMM #029 - The Rebirth Reply with quote

This week it's time to play another wad with a story. The wad project was called "The Rebirth" and was created by Bjorn Ostmann from Germany. I e-mailed him that we are going to play his creation next friday, so he might make an appearance! Smile

Here's the story behind this wad. He wrote it himself:

"12 years after the Overlord of hell was defeated, humankind has rebuilded and repopulated Earth. The old threat from the flaming pits of hell, seemed to be forgotten. In this time nobody knows that a small part of the Overlords brain has survived and reanimated itself.

You wake up in your quarter on the Starbase Omega2, when the first demons start to invade earth once again.While you're hearing the fighting sounds outside your room, you grab your pistol and prepare yourself to blast some ugly creatures."

This wad was suggested by C-Robert. Thanks for the suggestion and enjoy!

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: Doom2
PWADs: The Rebirth

Maps: 32 (MAP01-MAP32)
DMFLAGS: 201408548 / 286736112
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: None
Killlimit: None
Players: 50/50

Session times

On friday, the 20th of april 2012:

The European session starts at 21:00 GMT+1
The US session starts at 01:00 BST / 20:00 EDT (that's 00:00 GMT)

Last edited by Ronald on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GreenchiL
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! It's one of my favorite wads Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: FMM #029 - The Rebirth Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Were also going to use the freshly released Monster Skins wad created by Krawa. Im sure you will enjoy those as well. Smile More information about this new wad can be found here.

Why do you seemingly insist on trying every possible method to turn these co-op games into a total joke?

Monster player skins in a game that revolves around shooting monsters? Can anybody else see what's wrong with this picture?
I really thought it was only totally green serverhosts that did this kind of thing.
Sr69Mm-jC
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark has a point there, Ron. Monster skins just won't work in a wad where you have to shoot monsters. Leave it to PvP modes, rjumping wads, etc.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: FMM #029 - The Rebirth Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Were also going to use the freshly released Monster Skins wad created by Krawa. Im sure you will enjoy those as well. Smile More information about this new wad can be found here.

Why do you seemingly insist on trying every possible method to turn these co-op games into a total joke?

Monster player skins in a game that revolves around shooting monsters? Can anybody else see what's wrong with this picture?
I really thought it was only totally green serverhosts that did this kind of thing.

You're right, this is a bad idea. Embarassed I did not think about it like that. Please forgive me. I was a little too enhousiastic about running this wad. I hope it will see daylight elsewhere soon. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GreenchiL
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will have much fun with infinite ammo in my opinion because 2x monster strength will make this quite hard Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FMM #029 - The Rebirth Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I was a little too enhousiastic about running this wad. I hope it will see daylight elsewhere soon. Smile

Monster skins is made by Krawa. Krawa is god of ZDS.
I think it's safe to say it will not be forgotten about Smile
Empyre
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I stopped putting skins.wad on my server. I use 25marinepack2_b.wad instead.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's one of the better choices out there!

Sadly, most other packs have one or two which make them somehow unsuitable.
GreenchiL
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should turn map voting ON Ron. Me and another guy got stuck in level 23 and couldn't do anything to change the map so left the server. After 7 hours I connected again and still I see the server's map is Map23.
Sr69Mm-jC
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should've given maps a look to see if there are any multiplayer incompatibilities, just the same way I checked newgothic movement wad. :l
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a few US rounds, had a lot of fun. Had forgotten how cool those headless former humans are Smile

Wish there'd been more players, but most of them were off playing defiler. What do you have to do to get through to these people that there's a community event going on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: