ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WNF #31 - Velocity CTF (new version)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftShot
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: WNF #31 - Velocity CTF (new version) Reply with quote

Sorry for the late announcement, I've been busy this week so this is a last minute job, and i'll do anything to avoid another week full of ... yeah... zdctf zzz. Anyway this weeks WNF we will play the new (and final) version of Decay's Velocity CTF project. This version is even better than the last time we hosted it, with new looking maps and new music, all adding to better gameplay.

Screenshots:

European Session: 20:00 GMT / 16:00 EDT
US session: 20:00 EDT / 00:00 GMT
Locations: L@P / Dwango United NJ (1.09 servers)
Wads: Velocity CTF (latest version)

Maps: 1-12
DMFLAGS: 67134532 / 655368
Teams: 2
Clients: 32 (8vs8 + 16 spectators)
Scorelimit: 5
Timelimit: 10 minutes
Skill: Nightmare
Voting: Map change, and reset

Last edited by SwiftShot on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I just don't understand where player's heads are at.

At the time when the Euro session was supposed to be happening, a whole bunch of people were playing 32in24-4?!?!
ZDCTF I could understand, as that's the thing people play day in, day out. But people playing something like 32in24 shows that they're not afraid of other mapsets, so was this clash just down to player's ignorance of WNF?

Got some nice games in on this in the end though.
SwiftShot
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, exactly my point man. I've already expressed how 'annoyed' I am to see all the hard work we put into WNF just to be 'wasted' if you like when all the public players end up playing ZDCTF as they do every other day of the year. To be fair the Euro session always gets a decent amount of players for a couple of hours, but the American session is usually a blow out, unless a Euro kick starts it off. I wish I knew of a way on how to get them to play an organised session instead of the same old zdctf shit, but I won't hold my breath on it.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm kinda saying that I could understand it if they were playing ZDCTF that night. But that people should choose that day and time to play something like 32in24-4 just boggles the mind.

Does the Zdaemon need a siren and big flashy messages that go off in-game to prevent their ignorance of when an event starts? Or do the players really just not care about these community events?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: