ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending items/secrets on connection.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Sending items/secrets on connection. Reply with quote

Ok.. Remember this topic? I believe I've been misunderstood.. My original idea wasn't actually about asking to make everyone on the server be notified about a secret which was just found by someone else.

The idea was that when you connect to a server, you will also see 0 found secrets - even if some of them were already found by other players. Same goes for items; it always says "Items: 0 / X" when you connect.

1. If you want to find 100% of secrets on the map, you have to go ahead and visit each of them (without reconnecting). This is quite confusing, because you might see an open secret and think "well this one has obviously been found already" but actually it didn't count for you, as you personally haven't visited it yet.
2. I've just played a wad where number of found items is actually very informative. I've been wandering around for about 20 minutes looking for the last item just to realize it has already been picked up by another player. He picked it up within those few seconds while I was reconnecting at the start of the map to change skin :l

Dunno if it's a bug or a request though.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
22. The server should send found items and secrets to connecting players.

Smile
Guess the topic can now be moved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: