ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #017 - Play it again Sandy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which FMM-session would you like to play again?
Bossbattles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Destination Unknown
49%
 49%  [ 30 ]
Heretic
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
ksutra
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Lava World
29%
 29%  [ 18 ]
pzmxmas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Reverie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Great Bicycle Mystery 2
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 61

majik
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnit, I can't change my vote for dest. unknown can I, I missed that one too!!!

CHANGING TO DESTINATION UNKNOWN PLS!
scorp_nv
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lava world.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it why you have to play one again when there are over MILLIONS of wads out there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GreenchiL
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Lava World is winning Smile
[LA]FLunky
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majik wrote:
damnit, I can't change my vote for dest. unknown can I, I missed that one too!!!

CHANGING TO DESTINATION UNKNOWN PLS!

majik are you 12 or 11?? what is the problem, that lava world wins?
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ

Are you now the desperate for your shitty wad to win that you've stooped as low as to insult fellow players who chose not to vote for Lava World??? I didn't take this poll seriously as soon as I discovered Flunky and his friends decided to spam irc telling people to vote for Lava World, half of them not even knowing what FFM even is. This isn't a vote for people's favourite wad, it's a damn popularity contest for Flunky's over-inflated mapping ego. If Ronald has any sense about him, I hope common sense prevails and the 'more enjoyable' wad played amongst the public wins...

Oh, and when it's my turn to be insulted, please use proper English, because 99% of your google translated crap comes out as more of a joke on you. Better still use German and at least then I'd have more of a clue of what shite you are attempting to type.
ManoLO
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahaha. <-- sorry. but exactly as topic-related as the post above Laughing
[LA]FLunky
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManoLO wrote:
hahahahaha. <-- sorry. but exactly as topic-related as the post above Laughing

x´DDD
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people want to play the la maps, let them vote.
If Flunky wants to advertise his maps, let him.

@ Swiftshot, sure you find it desperate and douchy, but there is no reason to be angry about it. Some people are just douche bags.. can't help it. Razz

I voted for Destination Unknown though.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madgunner wrote:
As long as everyone is able to campaign for their choice, and it's done in a polite way, (i.e. not spamming or harassing if they say no or don't answer) then it's fine in my book.

From what I can tell, 'a certain person' PMed everyone in #zdplayers about this. If that'd been an email similarly deployed, it would certainly count as spam.

Catering to FLunky is just a no-win situation. If he doesn't get LavaWorld, he'll get upset and keep asking for it. If he does win, then he'll just come back next week saying 'But what about ForestWorld? Huh? Huh? That hasn't been used yet!'

rygrass wrote:
I don't get it why you have to play one again when there are over MILLIONS of wads out there?

Because Ronald's just copying the FYBO format. But yeah, there are plenty of WADs out there which deserve at least as much attention. Some of them have only ever had a fraction of the playtime that something like LavaWorld has Sad

Obviously this poll has turned into a complete sham - considering that Ronnie only got TEN votes (total) in the last "Play it Again Sandy", yet this thread achieved 4 times that in just a day. There has been rigging going on on both sides, so the logical course of action would be to disqualify both the winners, and go with 3rd place. Or last place. That'll teach people a lesson Smile
Cleo555
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
There has been rigging going on on both sides, so the logical course of action would be to disqualify both the winners, and go with 3rd place. Or last place. That'll teach people a lesson Smile

^ This. I am disappoint, everyone. It's not a competition.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
From what I can tell, 'a certain person' PMed everyone in #zdplayers about this.

Tell me you didn't expect that to happen.

Edit: regarding the poll rigging.. I must admit dest unknown just got a shitload of votes out of all sudden within an hour or so. Maybe we actually could go with this:
Cybershark wrote:
There has been rigging going on on both sides, so the logical course of action would be to disqualify both the winners, and go with 3rd place. Or last place.

I know I'd kinda miss dest unknown, but this poll is seriously bullshit now.
[LA]FLunky
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a fake lol..

9 votes in 1 hour??? bullshit
and all the 9 people wants destination unknown???

jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous!!

XDDDD
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flunky, knock your shit off.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleo555 wrote:
It's not a competition.

I thought that was exactly what a poll is? Laughing

[LA]FLunky wrote:
this is a fake lol..

9 votes in 1 hour??? bullshit
and all the 9 people wants destination unknown???

It was bullshit all along, and you helped make it that way. It seems you have some serious doublestandards with regards to vote rigging Laughing

Pretty sure that half of the people that voted against you did it just to see you rage when you lose, so maybe don't give them the satisfaction this time?
[LA]FLunky
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never give up xD
my next projects comming soon... Very Happy
Cleo555
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poll is to decide what will make the most people happy. Sure it's an honor to have your wad picked but it isn't as big a deal as these people are making it out to be. This poll is for everyone's enjoyment, not for wad authors to battle it out in who can be the most desperate to "win". And what exactly are you proving by winning something like this? Not like there's an actual prize. So I think that this isn't meant to be a competition but an attempt at consensus which is the opposite.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo what happened here is that Flunky started a campaign to get as many people as possible to vote for his creation, Lava World. When that campaign appeared to be successful, other people that dislike Lava World started a campaign of their own to get people to vote for Destination Unknown. Right now, the anti-Lava World campaign appears to be more successful, because it has more votes. I agree with Cleo555 that this poll has turned into a competition. Lava World vs anti-Lava World. The anti-Lava World campaign used Destination Unknown to beat Lava World, because Destination Unknown already had quite a few votes.

I have serious doubts about the number of sencere votes that Lava World has received. I have these dowbts because many people have been contacted on IRC to vote for Lava World. Two of them voters even created an account, just so they could vote for Lava World. The question I now ask myself is: have people voted for Lava World because they would like to play the session again, or because they want to do Flunky a favor?

I have the same doubts about many of the votes Destination Unknown has received. The question I ask myself here is: have people voted for Destination Unknown because they would like to play the session again, or because they don't want Lava World to win the poll? But somehow, my feeling says there are more sencere votes for Destination Unknown than there are for Lava World.

I have no idea what I will with all of this yet. What I do know is that this kind of competition was not supposed to happen. I think I need to speak to some people tonight in order to think of a solution for this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody (other than our beloved, deranged attention whore) is gonna cry if you just pick one of the other choices. Also you could throw in some cool modification wads to spice up the repeat sesh. Smile
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh and you will never know why or how someone voted for something. This is not a question you should ask yourself.

Once you made the choice to make a poll where everyone can vote without any reason then it is what it is. Whatever happens. Unless there is a serious hacking orgy going on on the ZD forums.

So next time when a wad gets the most vote, just set it up or pick one on your own.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: