ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA February '12 CTF Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Protoman
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SW]

(Captain)[D]WhitePaladiN
Ark
Drewc6r
Gosimer
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh...the tourney's supposed to start tomorrow, but there are still openings. We can't necessarily delay the tourney, can we? I mean we have 4 rounds to play, which will take a while.

This being the case, I was wondering: how will opponents be assigned?
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some_random_guy wrote:
Huh...the tourney's supposed to start tomorrow, but there are still openings. We can't necessarily delay the tourney, can we? I mean we have 4 rounds to play, which will take a while.

This being the case, I was wondering: how will opponents be assigned?

Tournament Details page: Registration and practice: 1/16/12-2/01/12

There's still more time to sign up, otherwise I guess the tourney can start with less teams than the maximum. Wink
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, you're right: the tourney doesn't start until Thursday... Shocked

But still, not everyone will play the same number of matches unless the number of teams is exactly 2, 4, 8, 16, or another power of 2. If we have less than the maximum number of teams, how is it determined who gets to skip a match?
Dannyboy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we fail to gather 16 teams i'll be forced to revert back to 8 teams. The teams that will get these spots are the teams that signed up first. However i do think we will be able to fill it. I'll keep you posted.
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh. Shocked That would suck for all the teams who signed up later. I hope it fills.

I'm glad we signed up early, and I'm glad that most of the teams who signed up are at least somewhat prestigious. An all-noob tourney would be...well, just that. Noobish. Confused
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckless (Captain)
Toccata
ShadowForce
Evo
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah nuts...there are still 3 registration vacancies, nobody's signed up in 3 days, and the tourney technically starts today. Are the moderators gonna extend registration time, or will they crush the hopes and dreams of the teams who signed up after the 8th team? **DRAMATIC MUSIC**

Find out next post (maybe) on ZDaemon forums! Razz
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, can't we dish out some byes? Confused
SuperGustafson8
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: CTF Tournament Reply with quote

I Have Gathered My Team For CTF

Team Neopets

SuperGustafson9
[RCK]SuperGamer
AbyssalRyoko
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! The moderators found more teams! Very Happy

I guess opponents will be assigned soon. Good Luck, everyone!
Dannyboy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we did fill up the tournament. All team captains should visit the brackets to find out who they're playing and schedule a time to play their matches. All players and team captains should join the #zd-tourneys channel. That being said good luck to all the teams involved and have fun!
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post this here because i'm not sure if any of [dp] read IRC

What time and day can you play? I really want this to go ahead as dp and CI are arguably the two best clans left in Europe, but your team consists of Atomi and Rosebird, who I havn't really seen play for the best half 18 months, Marax who says:

Code:
00:10  <SwiftShot>   when would you like to play our tourney match
01:06  <Marax>   wtf are u talkin about
01:08  <SwiftShot>   Marax http://tournaments.zdaemon.org/bracket.php?tourney_no=19
01:09  <Marax>   who did this fuckn brackets
01:09  <Marax>   as i told - i withdraw

And uhh, Turska.

Anyway please reply if any of you happen to read this.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good job thus far, Danny & OurHero. It's always gonna be a big challenge to get so many players signed up but they pulled it off and made it look quite straight forward: 16 teams; 62 players (I guess Spacepirate and another guy could maybe link up with one of the 3-member teams unless it's too late?). With the timely addition of In-game voice chat in 1.09b25, things can get extra serious. Headsets on, guys!

Alright, to get things going I feel like doing some predictions. Don't hesitate to give your own predictions too! Smile
Let's see how the teams size up as they go head-to-head, toe-to-toe...

-- Round 1 --

Mother****ers From Space -vs- We Will Win (Mobius - Catastrophe, Decay, SoulSucka) -vs- (RecKless - Evo, ShadowForce, Toccata)
MFS consist of a bunch of skulltaggers, so of course the odds are going to be against them! Laughing Nah, well I know Decay won't hit the benchmark, but it will be interesting to see how Soul copes over here, being a frequent ctf player he will at least know the lingo. I've seen him have some good performances for his teams despite sporting a ping of 200ms. Mobius has took part in a few private ctf games so I guess he will have some idea of what to expect from some of the better teams in here, but I don't know if he'll shine - haven't seen much of him. I haven't seen any of Catastrophe so I'll be looking at other predictions to find out what we're up against here. MFS will have to train hard if they want to get to the next stage.

WwW: well Reck is a strong opponent in public games, very active too. he'll give chase with that SSG. Then there's Shad. yeah, good luck out-foxing this hacker. A very alert and switched-on Mid/D with one sick, steady aim. Zoltar I dunno about. Myself: Confused. Overall this team is pretty active and ready to tango. We'll see how things go in the 2nd round should we oust the competition. (tl;dr we will win the tourney, of course!!!)

WwW 2-0

.CI. -vs- [dp] (SwiftShot - dewww, Gyrossman, Nosturi) -vs- (Turska - Atomi, Marax, Rosebird)
OK, now this one looks as juicy as a hybrid of a peach and a watermelon, and hot enough to melt the-one-ring. CI have one very active and very sneaky runner in Swift. He'll no doubt be saved to run home to glory time and again with Nosturi poaching mid with a very strong presence as defenders give chase. dew boasts brains and he'll be the tactician producing the scripts. Gyross, if he has the time to play, will be the storm to shit on other team's parades. Immensely good in any position and as a bonus dew will be at 200% if partnered with the kebabguy.

dee pee, On the other hand, have the turSKA to rival and eat any and every type of kebab like a true madman. Another universal player: put him anywhere and he'll outclass. Infact he can cap plenty while defending too. I sense that unless the rest of the team start doing some serious warm up then SKA won't be able to keep their heads above the water. Rose can bring the flags in if she ever turns up. marax can mostly derp but on a good day he might make the difference with a few moments of brilliance. Atomi will be able to work well with his finn counterpart, as long as he unrusts. Overall I think this match-up has potential to be one of the best games in the tourney. Shame it's so early on that these two meet! Gonna have to root my awesome clan and say:

dp 2-1 Razz

Neopets -vs- BAM (SuperGustafson9 - AbyssalRyoko, SuperGamer, ---- ) -vs- (Majik - Cecil, DannyBoy, Tia-)
Heh, this should be a breeze for BAAAM!. The outcome won't be any different even if Tai leaves D for the whole game - his team mates all have the credentials to destroy a very casual line up like Neopets. Sorry boys, but there will be no mercy. Hopefully you guys can cash in on the learning curve and be the next generation of fragging machines when us old folk kick the bucket.

BAM 2-0

SR49'ers -vs- [Ops] (Mantis-X - Capodecima, Caution, ThatsJustPrime) -vs- (OurHero - MadV, Malignity, Torment)
I'm looking forward to this one. Seven of the eight players here actively play in the IDL so we know the skill is there. Caution can run, Mantis and Prime can frag heavily in mid/d. Capo can alt-f4 at any time. It's all heating up, but let's check the other team...
OurHero has a star here. Torment. This guy rocked in ZECT - that half-assed euro ctf tourney. He can hold the team and be one bad-ass support. Malignity and MadV I don't know well but I've heard they'll do some damage. Hero himself can put up a resistant D despite being a runner. Gotta go with the mantis/Prime BBC chemistry here though, and say:

SR49'ers 2-1

[PMCD] -vs- [BSK] (Perrondon - Darky, Fear, Vaqueroo) -vs- (oKami-AIK - Doktornuts, Kaio-ken, ---- )
Ack, well I don't know any of these guys well enough. Have seen PMCD shuffle around in public ctf from time to time. Just gonna go ahead and guess.

PMCD 2-0

[OSD] -vs- [SRT] (kmfaiyaz - ElectronSponge, Lenna, Magolor) -vs- (some_random_guy - Infernus, Ledill-vd-Plas, ShadowStalker)
This one looks meaty. Was playing priv with kmfai & Lenna earlier and they're decent. ElectronSponge pings well to NJ iirc, he's one to watch out for in pub. ShadowStalker is also decent. not so sure about Infernus, and it will be interesting to see Ledill going down and dirty as he's quite capable. If some_random_guy can master the SSG and get a few of the essentials figured out, which he seems intent on doing, then we'll have some sparks in this match. He doesn't have long at all though. Make me eat my words:

OSD 2-0

[Te] -vs- [SW] (VisionMiedo - ABROGATOR, ChrisRD, Riptor) -vs- (WhitePaladiN - Ark, Drewc6r, Gosimer)
VMiedo enjoys a lengthy 1v1. He's got the endurance and can frag. I'm not so sure on the other three, but I seem to remember playing against this Te line up and it iirc it had venom. Expect to see some clan chemistry shine through.

SW: WhitePaladiN is game, but he he'll have to get practising if he's to pull through here. Though he has Ark at his disposal. This guy's a force in pub: Annoyingly aware defending; or cheeky stealth flagrunning. I'm expecting a performance wherever he plays. I've noticed drew mainly busting up the demons in survival and he's alright so I'll guess he'll have use. Unsure on Gosimer so we'll see!

Te 2-1

[CATS] -vs- [GOW] (HumanBones - mikehail, Xenaero, Gilgamesh) -vs- (Sks23 - Neon, Nightmare, Scorpion)
GOW are Doomed mice here. I wouldn't like to be up against a team of IDL's finest in the early rounds either. miek has a cat in his pants and it's hungry for flags. They have it easy enough looking at the bottom half of the brackets.

CATS 2-0
ledillman
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just last night i came back from bierfest vacations, i will be online for team chating about this... shit i missed it Confused Embarassed

some_random_guy: you can kick me on teh-ass today
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[CATS] vs [GOW]

Round 1: 5-0
Round 2: 5-0

GG's, good luck in future tournaments Smile

http://humanbones.unidoom.org/CTF-20120205-124912.png
http://humanbones.unidoom.org/CTF-20120205-125100.png
TheMionicDonut
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanBones wrote:
[CATS] vs [GOW]

Round 1: 5-0
Round 2: 5-0

GG's, good luck in future tournaments Smile

http://humanbones.unidoom.org/CTF-20120205-124912.png
http://humanbones.unidoom.org/CTF-20120205-125100.png

Did you at least buy them dinner?
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original post:
Quote:
[OSD] vs. [SRT]:

kmfaiyaz and I have figured out a good time:

Monday, February 6, @ 8:00 PM EST

Unless something weird goes down, we'll see you guys on the #zd-tourneys channel at that time! Good luck!

Guess what: weird sh%$ went down. A moderator knows the details, and that's all that matters. The new time:

[OSD] vs. [SRT]:

Get ready to rumble (sorta) on
Thusday, February 9, @ 6:00 PM EST

Good Luck! See you there! Very Happy

EDIT: We got a chance to play early, so we did. See my post below for scores.

Last edited by some_random_guy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game from Round 1, yesterday evening:

BAM vs. Neopets

Game 1: 5-0
Game 2: 5-0

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Cf8Wd489Q

Despite the one sided scoreline, I saw a couple of well earned flag returns by NP. The team have a lot to work on, but it was cool to see them try competitive play out. I hope you guys keep practicing and come back with a harder bite in future tourneys. GGs
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprise! Us noobz did r match 2day, Wednesday. Here's how it went:

[OSD] vs. [SRT]: [OSD] WINS

Game 1: [OSD] wins, 5-0
Game 2: [OSD] wins, 5-0

Screenshot links:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dpd9k.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/2akfry8.png

Well, I really wish [SRT] could have thrown Evolution's predictions back at his face, but it just wasn't meant to be. Razz But seriously, kmfaiyaz and his team did really well, and both teams did their best; this was a very good game.

Thanks for playing, and the best of luck to [OSD] in their future tournament matches!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: