ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #009 - Reverie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: FMM #009 - Reverie Reply with quote

After two weeks of Play It Again Sandy, it's time for a brand new session with a brand new wad. Until now, we've been playing classics, but this week we're going to play something fresh.

And I've chosen Reverie. I'm not sure what it's like, but my first impression is that the gameplay will be pretty classic. The type of gameplay we fell in love with when we first started playing Doom. Let's check it out shall we? Wink

CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO PREVIEW

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: Doom2
PWADs: Reverie

Maps: 32 (01-32)
DMFLAGS: 201408548 / 286669376
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: None
Killimit: None
Players: 50/50

Session times

On friday, the 2nd of december 2011:

The European session starts at 20:00 GMT
The US session starts at 01:00 GMT / 20:00 EST

See you there! Wink

Last edited by Ronald on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah... unexpected and kinda cool... the wad is certainly not very fit for survival, but coop could work just fine!
Evolution
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping to see this here just for the reason dewseph mentioned. Very nice pick ron, looking forward to this blast!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenex suggested some different DMFlags for tonight's session, so I changed them in my initial post. I'm really looking forward playing this. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the FMM server always require both a bot and Roland spectating in it? None of the other event nights seem to require it.

Also, it looked pretty dumb when Lord Prawnald and his botty buddy were still populating the server at the time when Euro ZDS was starting the next day. Not exactly helpful Neutral
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sessions don't require a bot populating the server. The bot is there for the "purple-cow-effect" is has on the servers. Purple cows stand out from normal cows and get more attention. That's the bot's objective and it succeeds doing so. You'd be surprised to see how many people actually talk to that bot and think he's a real person. Laughing

The fact I was still there saturday was silly of me. I didn't mean to sabotage Zdaemon Sessions, but according to the screenshots I saw in the other, that didn't happen.

I made some screenshots of last friday's monster mash as well.

The maps were pretty good. There was a serious lack of health and ammo though.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
The sessions don't require a bot populating the server. The bot is there for the "purple-cow-effect" is has on the servers. Purple cows stand out from normal cows and get more attention. That's the bot's objective and it succeeds doing so. You'd be surprised to see how many people actually talk to that bot and think he's a real person. Laughing

I'm sure the pair of you have many great theological discussions in there Razz
Your "purple-cow" might have more of an effect if there weren't currently half a dozen other bot servers cluttering up the master, all around the clock.

Ronald wrote:
The fact I was still there saturday was silly of me. I didn't mean to sabotage Zdaemon Sessions, but according to the screenshots I saw in the other, that didn't happen.

No, it wasn't a problem this week. But it could have been.
Some confused people were playing last week's US FYBO server when the Euro was starting - and that was without a bot in there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: