ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Framerate Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Thrawn
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Framerate Issues Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm having some framerate issues when I play zdaemon. When I join a server everything is good and smooth for about a minute and suddenly the framerate drops to an annoying level. I dont have anything running in the background and I've also tried TF2 and dont seem to have any issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, I'm running it on a Gateway P-7805u FX laptop.
Thadeuss
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having a similar problem on my desktop a long time ago. For the life of me I can't remember how I sorted it. I do remember having some issues with general performance and my anti-virus software though.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Evolution
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Admiral and welcome to the posting side of the forums! That's some seriously long lurkage time on your belt. It will probably help more if you told us your system specs (rather than just the laptop model). Also what programs are set to autorun, and maybe what the process manager looks like when you get bad framerates.
Admiral Thrawn
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! Im a quite guy so that kinda carries over to the forums I frequent. Anyway, here are the specs..

2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 1066MHz DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS, Windows Vista 64bit

If you want more just let me know what youd like to know. Programs running at startup...
Logitech Gaming Software, Logitech Set Point, WMPNSCFG.eve (whatever that is), VCast backup Scheduler, MS Media Center Tray Applet, MS Userinit Logon, MS WE, Windows Defender, Octoshape Streaming Service, RAID Event monitor, Synaptics pointing device.

No Antivirus running when I play. As far as the process manager, Im not really sure. To be honest I dont know what Im reading when I open that to begin with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: