ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delusion
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Mouse Discussion Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have recently purchased yet another mouse for DooM and can't figure out what sensitivity to use. I have to this day been a high sensitivity player, but I feel I should give all types of sensitivity a shot before making a concrete decision. I know high/low sensitivity is all preference and neither one is better than the other and I should just go with what feels good and blah blah blah... but I'm trying to dig deeper than that. What would qualify for 'high sensitivity' and 'low sensitivity'? What are some pros/cons of both? How does each pertain to DooM, and which do you prefer? What mouse are you using currently? Which mice have you tried, and what were the pros/cons of each? Which mouse pads have you experimented with? Here is a formula which would be cool to compare each others sensitivity with. If someone has any questions/feedback pertaining to this topic please post.

NOTE: If you are using smooth mouse movement your calculation will be way off compared to others so just let us know if you are using smooth mouse movement.

windows mouse sensitivity (pointer speed) * DPI (dots per inch) * DooM sensitivity =

EXAMPLE: windows mouse sensitivity (6) * (3500) * (.5) = 10500

Another way to compare each others sensitivity would be how many cm/inches it takes to do a 360 turn. If someone see's a problem with this formula or knows a better one please say so.

If any of you are interested here are two great mouse guides
1. http://www.eve-films.com/forum/showthread.php?40381-FraGTaLiTy-s-Epic-Gaming-Mice-Guide-for-PC-Shooting-Games
2. http://www.overclock.net/mice/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razer fps mice, lowish sensitivity depending on how you can react and aim. Basicly aim for the highest sensitivity you can deal with but are completely accurate with. I generally try play with low sensitivity configurations but I can move my mouse quickly and fast so it's efficient when quickly aiming in the different direction.
tm512
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a little $10 - $20 wireless mouse. I'm on linux so my sensitivities will be weird, but I use 2 on both Skulltag and ZDaemon. 50 on Chocolate Doom, which I can never get feeling right since it always seems to have acceleration.
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to make a note, that discussion sensitivity values will be useless, as different mice, different drivers etc. Will completely screw this number.

You should discuss mice in a cm per 360 degree turn. (And if you use acceleration or not, as this will cause issues with that calculation obviously).

I am currently at 12cm per 360 I believe, but up until 3 years ago when I started playing quake, I was at 2cm per 360, which used to be considered a very high sensitivity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the marks on my paper notebook mousepad, its a cool ~12cm for a 180 wrist-snap rotation.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roughly 20cm for a full 360 turn with my g5
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roughly 8 cm for a full 360 turn with my a4-tech
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: