ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genesis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Genesis Reply with quote

First of all I'd like to point out that I didn't make this map. It Faerlyn's work, i'm just posting it up here since she dosn't have a ZD forum account. I'm copying + pasting her words from the AltDeath forums:

So there I was bored out of my mind. So I decided to throw together a simple duel map not expecting much from it. Then I had Genesis a small fast paced oldschool duel map. The map itself may not seem like much since its small and simple, but the gameplay on it is very fast paced and fun. This map was made in under an hour, so yes it's lacking detail (I actually did that on purpose and textured it like Sipooma). Any feedback about the map and how it plays would be nice. Anyways here is the link and a simple screenshot from the map.

Links:
http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/Genesis1_.zip
http://hma891.webs.com/Genesis1_.zip
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd make a funky supershotgun map abit like shoot!.wad but with some additions like using the teleporter to trick your opponant.

I didn't check but as the map is so tiny I'd hope there is more than 5-6 spawn spots otherwise it'd just be a cramped camping map.

It isn't bad for being a map which was made in one hour.

The map feels even smaller than brit10 type maps which isn't very good for a duel map.

Couple of things I personally would love to see in this map is if the actual layout was rescaled and made the hallways/middle area bigger. Maybe make some parts of the map bigger than the other half of the map.

I like how it's copied the texture style of SIPOOMA but that map is amazing for it's switches, sneak attacking, BFG/SSG control etc. That map looks alot more professional than this.

It's pretty cool but could be alot better with some work Smile.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffles' remarks were on the money. It looks handsome enough but less symmetry and a larger play area would've been appreciated.

Though, the Heretic midi and Hexen sky tips me off that the author has debonair taste in '94/'95 first person shooters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: