ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Survival Tournament Introduction

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannyboy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Official Survival Tournament Introduction Reply with quote

Hello everybody after going over a thousand ideas myself, along with the help of Worst-vd-plas and Earthquake have come up with a very good survival tournament format.

Tournament Format:

-The tournament will be a team based event. Teams of 2 with a maximum of 8 teams total.

-Winner of the match will be decided based on which team ends up with the most monsters killed at the end of the round. Both teams will be entering the round at the same time. The team that has the best out of 3 rounds wins the match.

-Everyone is only given 1 life so play smart! and don't be affraid to try and sabatage your opposing team!

-The server difficulty will be set to "I'm to young to die" this is done for the extra ammunition and half damage caused by monsters.

-The map being played is "Hans Monument" in the X-Noob_survival wad. Special thanks to Worst-vd-plas for creating and allowing us to use this map.

Sign ups will start on the 1st of April. If you have any comments or questions feel free to post them here or PM me on ZRC or the forums!
A new forum post will be put up once registration has opened with instructions on how to sign up so keep a look out.

Note: To distinguish what person is on which team you can simply change your players color to match your partners!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see how this tournament format is much different from the format I used back in the day except for the fact it's the best out of three runs and of course the map. Still, I remember it being a fun event and a lot of the players that signed up were very enthousiastic about it. It's a shame I spoiled it by giving up on it so easily.

So yes, glad to see survival tournaments are making a comeback! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the winners of the April Survival Tournament - Team "EA Gaymes" (Mantis-X and [SIN]Deception). Thanks to all who participated.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: