ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vendetta: Oblivion CTF tournament Sign ups
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay wrote:
People still play multiplayer doom?

Well if you play could make the list to 8 which makes a good number to play with... then only need one more to make it, three teams of three which add more competition!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anymore movement on possible players Ryry?
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could try to get some of the Skulltag aus players over, there's quite a few and most of them know me.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:
We could try to get some of the Skulltag aus players over, there's quite a few and most of them know me.

Well thing is, Yes to new players.. what is annoying is that putting this off.. is that when people come on and say "i going to stay for awhile now blah balh blah... But i they don't come on the next day Confused and won't return for another 5 - 9 months.

Would help if players where more active but the people that said they would stay your not helping.

Well glad i see F-Spider back in irc and we had a new clan being made.. so maybe this is the start for oceania. i'm happy to help out in anyway
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
coolboy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were talking the other day that maybe we should get some people to map for this would make it more interesting and the release of the maps only being the day before or something to limit the time people can get use to them
f-spider
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:

Well glad i see F-Spider back in irc and we had a new clan being made.. so maybe this is the start for oceania. i'm happy to help out in anyway

Yep, good to be back. I've had a few lengthy co-op games - now I just gotta get back into fragging other players Razz Also, whats the new clan thats been made?

PS: Stewboy, there is really quite a few Skulltag players? I don't understand, ZDaemon seems so much better than ST to me... dunno why there are so few players now. Sad
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of Skulltag players. (I'm not really one of them, I don't tend to play online Doom much at all.)
Also I wish you wouldn't bring up 'X port is better than Y port'. The two ports cater to different communities, though they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
f-spider
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:

Also I wish you wouldn't bring up 'X port is better than Y port'. The two ports cater to different communities, though they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

lol, you say that as if what i said is in any way going to spark a debate. Razz
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'X is better than Y' will always spark a debate.
coolboy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets forget that cause i play both just depends my moods.. lets talk about the fact the ctf maps being mapped or picked from exsisting wads

what do you think?
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I mentioned the idea of mapping for future vendetta competitions in the wad editing section a while ago, I think it would be too short notice to map for the competition, let me get a link to vendetta.wad and see what you guys make of the maps.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
While I mentioned the idea of mapping for future vendetta competitions in the wad editing section a while ago, I think it would be too short notice to map for the competition, let me get a link to vendetta.wad and see what you guys make of the maps.

This will be actually a good time to start a new CTF mappack. I mean how old is zdctfmp3? Why won't we just begin a zdctfmp4??
coolboy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i do agree its time we have some new CTF maps Even tho i did ocmp some of the maps in it are.. not up to scratch..

i wouldent mind mapping for it and i dont see this thing kicking off for a week or 2 (hopefully just over 2 weeks when i get full speed back)
and i think 1 or 2 people will happily help me turn out 8+ or so maps plus it could be compined with ocmp.wad
and the best from there picked out giving more bulk

i would also remaster some of my maps spec map08
was a great map but had a few flaws and that and id try contact some people who mapped for it if they would like to add anything to their maps
(or i can add to them with perm) i pick to stick in a new wad.. plus eblitz map05 was a epic map and i would def stick that in there.

also with spacepirates idea sure i would love to help if that project ever got started we would just need to get permission for it.
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm perfectly happy to contribute a couple CTF maps, if I can get over my current lack of motivation towards life, the universe, and everything.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how do we get permission for such a project? Maybe we should call it: Zdaemon Capture The Fag Map Pack 4, that will help out the copyright Razz
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
And how do we get permission for such a project? Maybe we should call it: Zdaemon Capture The Fag Map Pack 4, that will help out the copyright Razz

Well i don't mind making a map again this time.. won't be as huge as my last one Razz

Alreaedy started another one in 2007 ? was 80% done so i guess i can carry on with that
[CP7]Red
has entered the game!

Location: New Zealand RedZTag all up in this bitch. MLP: FiM Forevar CTF is best gamemode handsdown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:

Too bad I hate most of their guts.'

Is this going anywhere or is it just gonna be another ODL.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will definitely happen as long as we have at least 2 teams which by the looks of things will happen.

Here is the wad for Vendetta #3 that we used in Europe. The maps are compiled from 3 different wads and were chosen for being attack minded and suited to 3v3. I literally spent a month looking through every CTF wad I could find and played every map, myself, Gyrossman and Mortalogy then each picked a map and came to a consensus on a 4th.

http://doom.dogsoft.net/download.php?h=265c7e9dccd8155e7054c11b8b92f5be&f=Unsorted%20Uploads/vendetta3.zip

The wad worked perfectly and most of the people playing loved the maps, so please check them out and see what you guys think. What I want to suggest is that we play this Vendetta with existing maps and then for the next one ( as I hope it sparks some interest here) we can map from scratch. As I said before I want this tourney to be ready to go very soon, so mapping would slow down that process.

Thoughts?
coolboy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran the maps about 10 mins ago..

map01: I hate being on the bad side but doors in ctf maps piss the hell out of me unless they open at least from grid 64+ away (still stops my sr40 let alone any sr50 and still that pisses me off. however the detail is nice and there not a huge amount.. could use with 1 or more team colours but u wont get confused.. the hallways are narrow in places and the decoration gets in the way at times good spots for spamming your rockets and plasma to cripple the other team getting in your base..

Map02: some of the decoration the lack of team colours is annoying there is red rock in the blue base and not big enough blue textures u cant see from distance however the sizes and bigger and more running space some of the decoration on the ceiling can annoy you a bit.

map03: is the map i played in wars with eC and the lack of red water in the red base makes this another annoying one that if ur not looking u might find urself confused however the smallness of it should stop that its a nice little map but still is missing that colour change but is prob the best so far.

map04:
yay a good map like 03 but bigger nice hallways n everything narrow enough to not look stupid or make it impossable to def but big enough for u to egt around and for a okay attacker to dodge rockets while ur friend jumps up from behind and grab the flag nd make a run and great the colours in the map i can see whos blue and red in a blink..

thats not really all but thats the highlights map01 i would hate to play map02 mm i dont know.. the decoration annoys me and lack of colours but could play well map03 and 04 i would play seem made for good gameplay but map03 still needs more colours i cna not stress enough
[CP7]Red
has entered the game!

Location: New Zealand RedZTag all up in this bitch. MLP: FiM Forevar CTF is best gamemode handsdown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map01: Pretty good but stairs need to be improved.
Map02: HOW DID THIS GET IN HERE?
Map03: Hell yes! Best CTF map ever IMO. Tango is hax!
Map04: What is this I don't even (see Map02 comment)

I'm fine with playing these.

(BTW coolboy I prefer map03 without the blood water, mainly because it would ruin tango's style which he pulls off amazingly - aka map would look bad and the red blood would rape my eyes like map02 does.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: