ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defiler (Re-Posted)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Defiler (Re-Posted) Reply with quote

Accidentally posted in wrong category, Wad Editing

But anyway check out this wad and tell me what you think about it, be as brutally honest as you wish

http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files/defiler-c-39.zip

It's a year long project that started out when my mapping skills used to suck, I'm sure you'll be able to tell along the way. But I still go back and fix up what I can

Weapons -
Pistol - doomer-overpower.wad
Fists - d3moda.wad
Chainsaw - d3moda.wad
Machinegun - Action.wad
SSG - Doom3supershotgun.wad
Rocket Launcher - Gears of Hell.wad
Plasma Gun - Gears of Hell.wad
BFG - Brover Army.wad
SuperNova
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran through the first 5 maps and I have to say this is absolutely stunning. The level of detail in relation with how good the gameplay is really is quite astonishing. I don't know how many maps you've done thus far but as a huge coop (mainly survival) fan, I beg you to continue on this and finish it.

The only true thing I saw wrong was that you unpeg upper and lower textures when they're lifts, etc. That's what causes the scrolling effect of the texture. A simple fix of that will eliminate that problem. Other than that, I have to say really good job so far. Perhaps put more monsters in here and there to make it a little tougher (the first 3 maps were a breeze..4 got kinda of tricky whereas the beginning of 5 looked to be challenging). But yeah, continue this please!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Defiler (Re-Posted) Reply with quote

[O]EmZee[O] wrote:
Accidentally posted in wrong category, Wad Editing

No, no you didn't, I moved it there because that's the correct forum for projects you're still working on to be appraised.

Sorry, should've posted to say what and why. But y'know, you could've just asked someone to move it back over instead of deleting the post and making a new one Laughing
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Someones gotta explain this to me, I got it backwards...
ZDreview - only for FINISHED wads waiting to be appraised?
Wad Editing - unfinished wads?
Is that the order?

Supernova: Thanks and I know about those lower unpegged lifts and I am working to get rid of the ones that have railing while still leaving with detail. Plus I like moving doortrak textures because I think it gives the door and the lift a more realistic opening rather then it sliding magically into thin air.
As for the Wad difficulty well I got a quote from that which came from Ccarnage8 "This wad is like a campaign, it gets tougher as you go along and when you pick up new weapons". Once you get to hell levels you might understand what I mean
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[O]EmZee[O] wrote:
ZDreview - only for FINISHED wads waiting to be appraised?
Wad Editing - unfinished wads?
Is that the order?

Well yes. Because, see, you're still editing unfinished ones aren'tya?
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am but I figured when it comes to being reviewed, it wouldn't matter if it was finished or not
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends wentirely on what you want people to read about your maps. If someone comes looking in here for co-op WADs in a few months/years and only finds reviews of a partway-done pack then they might not bother with it.

Bear in mind that it's unlikely enough that people will bother to give feedback on it once, it's fairly unheard of for them to bother to reappraise it once it's been finished. Hence the reason for only wanting finished stuff in here - so it can be shown in the best light.
Shane
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well okay, I just wanted people's opinions so far because I feel like I'm making this 34 map wad for nothing almost and I just was trying to see if I should continue it (stopped at map 21)
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only gripe with this is that there seem to be a lot of 64 pixel wide corridors for something that is aimed at (I assume) coop. In the middle of the pack your maps start to open up and become more difficult which is a very good sign.

Aside from the close-quarters scale it's pretty good stuff! Map20 has a pretty awesome scale and well-executed concept. I felt it could've been a bit more intense at the beginning (like with some monsters near the battlements or something).

It's really great to see some new stuff in this area - singleplayer/cooperative especially.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: