ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spectating someone with invulnerability/invisibility etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Spectating someone with invulnerability/invisibility etc. Reply with quote

Here's another little feature request. I was thinking, if you are spectating someone with invulnerability/invisibility/berserk etc. could you have it so that it appears that they have the item in the view? To get a better picture of what I'm trying to convey, take a look at these games I played with my awesome buddy Brewboy.

Brewboy has picked up a partial invisibility sphere and it is reflected in this spectator view.

Brewboy has picked up an invulnerability sphere and it is reflected in this spectator view.

Brewboy has picked up a light amplification goggles and it is reflected in this spectator view.

Brewboy has picked up a radiation suit shield and it is reflected in this spectator view.

Brewboy has picked up a berserk and it is reflected in this spectator view.

Currently, if someone picks up oh lets say an invulnerability sphere and you spectate them, their screen will not appear white. The same goes for the rest. This is basically just a little enhancement that would make the game more interesting.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might actually be a bug. Can anyone verify the original Doom behavior?
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Earthquake, your memory serves you well! I tested it in doom2.exe and to my surprise, if you spectate someone and they pick up a powerup that alters the color palette, it is reflected on the spectators screen too. I never would have guessed myself.

Anyways, I was playing a game of heretic online, and I noticed that a person I was spectating activated a shadowsphere and their weapon became translucent. You just might be right about it being a bug too!
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be ready: check it in the upcoming release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: