ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SR50 Bind

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nsyncfan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: SR50 Bind Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me in idiot terms how to bind this and whether or not it gives any significant advantage ?

I use esdf setup;if binded r with the bind would i be able to get full sr50 speed off of a spawn? Just wondering here.

Same goes for an ssg fight.....could i use binds to go back and forth faster, realeasing the bind for the shot after the other player misses.....
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the other stuff, but yes I feel sr50 binds do give an advantage. The pros and cons have been debated quite heavily, suffice to say, some feel it is an exploit that should be removed, others feel it is fair game. Whatever people feel about it, my understanding is it is allowed, so I'm sure someone with the know-how can post here on how to do it and answer your other questions.
Nsyncfan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thad......the question is coming into my head because I have been asking players if they bind it or not when i play them. Seems the ones that don't bind it are significantly slower at times.

Now, obviously i am from an older time and have played .exe and zdaemon plenty so my pov is kinda skewed.

The good - Zdaemon is becoming more noob friendly and it is easier for them to get better faster! Sweet Smile. With all the rule changes over the last 5 years the game is based more on how good you are with an ssg under laggy conditions.

The bad - Options like Noweaponswitch on pickup and binded sr50 really change the game itself. For example you can continue to spam a plasma down the hall in map 1 while grabbing the rocket launcher. There used to be a 2 second window to get a knock in with the ssg before the rockets came. I'd say original map 1 has been ruined....and truly i didn't liek that map until a month or two before i became inactive....so....it isn't like i am or was good at it. Plasma bump is too easy.....you can also spam bfg instantly without even moving around the chaingun.

I do want to make a point that I am willing to adjust to the changes. However, does zdaemon continue to make changes what i consider a perfect game? What is next? Grenades....flashbangs???

What is zdaemons goal here? At some point shouldn't we stop making significant changes?

Another ideas swirling through my head. This was my first instance of noweaponswitch annoying me. Player drops down.....grabs bfg and shoots me with the double barrel shotgun to the face. Then he has a loaded bfg for the spawns! Woop woop....not.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what's great about ZD is that it has and always will remain DOOM. Yes some things have been added, but nothing will be added that will effectively turn the port into something else. Also, even the additions that are made are not necessary, if a server admin wants to run something more oldschool then they can, likewise if they want to do something that modernises DOOM then they can too, up to a point.

My understanding of the sr50 issue is that it will most probably be here for the foreseeable future as people with certain keyboard/mouse combos will be able to do it regardless. So if you are happy to use it then yes, there is an advantage.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nsyncfan wrote:
Thanks Thad......the question is coming into my head because I have been asking players if they bind it or not when i play them. Seems the ones that don't bind it are significantly slower at times.

Now, obviously i am from an older time and have played .exe and zdaemon plenty so my pov is kinda skewed.

The good - Zdaemon is becoming more noob friendly and it is easier for them to get better faster! Sweet Smile. With all the rule changes over the last 5 years the game is based more on how good you are with an ssg under laggy conditions.

The bad - Options like Noweaponswitch on pickup and binded sr50 really change the game itself. For example you can continue to spam a plasma down the hall in map 1 while grabbing the rocket launcher. There used to be a 2 second window to get a knock in with the ssg before the rockets came. I'd say original map 1 has been ruined....and truly i didn't liek that map until a month or two before i became inactive....so....it isn't like i am or was good at it. Plasma bump is too easy.....you can also spam bfg instantly without even moving around the chaingun.

I do want to make a point that I am willing to adjust to the changes. However, does zdaemon continue to make changes what i consider a perfect game? What is next? Grenades....flashbangs???

What is zdaemons goal here? At some point shouldn't we stop making significant changes?

Another ideas swirling through my head. This was my first instance of noweaponswitch annoying me. Player drops down.....grabs bfg and shoots me with the double barrel shotgun to the face. Then he has a loaded bfg for the spawns! Woop woop....not.

I tend to stick too ssl2, and tlsd map13 and I think the flags for no switch on pickup work great. It may be different for some classic maps that need old school settings but I think that is player preference. Just find a server with the old school style settings i guess, I think most players nowadays prefer the no switch on pick up. It is the standard in CTF.

As far as sr50 goes if you haven't gotten a config yet I can help you with it. I use a 4 button mouse and wasd on the keyboard so you will have to adjust it for w/e you use. Another flag you might not be aware of is that you can transport rockets throw the teleporters now(with the flag set of course)

let me know if you want to see my config
tm512
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nsyncfan wrote:

Excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm not very active outside of the forums here (for various reasons), but as far as I know, the ZDaemon team is really focusing on making Hexen work properly, making netcode smoother and more efficient than it has ever been, fixing various obnoxious bugs, and redesigning the stats system. None of this is the type of thing you're making it out to be. Razz

You are lucky that ZD even has the oldschool features it does has, it's predecessor wasn't as generous. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: