ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #132 - R-moo-geddon FFA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: ZDS #132 - R-moo-geddon FFA Reply with quote

Hmm... been a while since I did one of these posts. Let's see, pic comes first, right?

Well I'm always frustrated by the number of good mapsets out there which don't have enough maps to make a good session. It's not so bad for CTF/TDM because maps have more replay value in those modes. But for co-op or FFA I feel that playing the maps through once is enough. Maybe that's just me, but most of the regulars feels the same way I think?

Problem is that many of these WADs have their own gfx/etc and get all clashy with other stuff, unless that stuff has no new resources. The idea then became to have a split session, and not of the kind where we have to quit game on one server and try to get everyone to follow to another. Nope, we're gonna mix it all up into one big bundle instead.

The most exciting part (for me) is finally getting Op-Cow's FFA maps back on a server. The WAD is 'ocadd2b' (Op-Cow's Attention Deficit Disorder) and used to run back on DoomedEarth and also on one of the CHiP servers I used to admin. But that was some years back and it certainly needs more love. Op was a cool American guy living in Japan so he had an interesting perspective and made some great, pretty and funny maps here, but heh, you'll see all that for yourself.

Filling out the session with more traditional fare from Grotug/Hellbent's R-Mega. This guy should need no introduction as the author of Greenwar1/2. R-mega was something he made in between which contains much of his usual magic.

And then naturally there's the usual selection of otherstuff which you may or may now have seen before.

Game Mode: FFA
    WADs: r-mega
    omgmus
    ocadd2b
    stskins1a
    clawvox1
    (please run 'em in that order)

Maps: 19 (01-10, 14, 15, 18, 20-22, 24, 26, 32)
    DMFLAGS: 283812 / 168820736
    Time: 8 mins
    Fraglimit: 35
    Players: 10 (+2 spec slots)

Date: Saturday 13th March 2010
    Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
    Locations: [XXX] / The Outpost / etc

All too much to remember? Don't worry, we'll have plenty of advertising again Smile

Last edited by Cybershark on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark_Odyssey
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, guess who´s just got back today, that wild-eyed Shark that had been away"

Glad to see you back in business, and kudos to TheCupboard who is always doing an equally great job. You are God - or rather, you were God, if that old cunt existed, in which case you were again not, since you are no cunts, and ... ummm, yeah Confused

Unfortunately, I prolly won´t be able to take part in this weeks Z-Fun as I got to do the weekend nightshift from saturday to sunday, but I wish you a great session and Happy DooMing ! Maybe there IS a little chance yet I get spared this weekend´s torture, but you never know Sad

Anyways, cyas next week, hopefully !

And plz, everyone: WAD suggestions belong to the WAD suggestions thread exclusively, dammit !

Razz
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for handling it this week.

There really is a lot of great material out there packaged into nine or ten map "episodes" suitable for us to do two at the same time. I don't have any vivid memories about these maps so I won't ruin my appetite by peeking beforehand.

TWO PACKS ONE WEEK - We're taking care of business! Cool Hope to catch you next time around, Odyssey.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking care of business? WE ARE THE KIDS OF BUSINESS!

Dark_Odyssey wrote:
and kudos to TheCupboard who is always doing an equally great job

Absolutely, he's done a sterling job on even the weeks where I gave him no help whatsoever Very Happy
Sorry to hear you can't make it this week though Dunk.

Oh and belatedly I remembered a more suitable ZDS banner image. Thanks to Master for that one!
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very good maps in there, had great games on the Euro side :>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to the great Domains for getting the ZDS announcement system all squared away for us! Smile The ZDS military offensive consists now of a four-prong attack:

1) ZDS IRC announcement
2) Server advertising (doffs hat to Cybershark)
3) Occasional #zdplayers spam (probably should do more of this but I always get online at the last minute)
4) ...and obviously the weekly threads posted here.

Any more prong ideas out there? Laughing

As for the session itself... For one hour it seemed like we had all regulars. In the second half of the session we got some fresh faces. All in all it took at least two hours to do a complete rotation. Personally, I felt most comfortable on r-mega since it was Greenwar-ish. Op-cow's pack had some dark maps (grunge stuff and Tron business to be exact) but also a few happy white and green maps with handsome statues of Doomguy everywhere. Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't Doomguy, damnit, it was Jad haxing himself into the textures! :cries:

Lol, we started the session on the very first R-mega map, so we had to play all those through to get to the cool beans. And cool it was! I was kinda upset there were none of Op's Japanese maps in there, but that's ok! I dug up all of his old works after the sesh - including one map I never saw before Surprised

TheCupboard wrote:
1) ZDS IRC announcement
2) Server advertising (doffs hat to Cybershark)

OMG yes, thankyou to the powers that be for our new IRC weapon! Very Happy

And apologies from me for leaving the spam-advertisement server up all night Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: