ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #130 - Seeing the world through rose-colored glasses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: ZDS #130 - Seeing the world through rose-colored glasses Reply with quote

If you had a pair of rose-colored glasses like these, you probably wouldn't be seeing very well at all. Laughing

Black Rose CTF brings impressive stuff to the table. There are slick layouts, some impressively large maps, a few "realistic" locations, and lots of detail for those who like to look at pretty stuff when they're not blowing away the other team. The [BR] guys didn't do so great when it comes to music since it's broken in this release. Mad

BRCTF had some play in previous months on ZDaemon (in fact it was substantially popular at times), so Cybershark decided to save it for later so we could have the chance to revive it once dedicated servers were taken down and people were just starting to forget. Surprised

...and how could this presentation ever amount to anything unless I found a video just moments ago depicting one map of the Black Rose experience?

Come on down this weekend! Get pumped because...

THIS IS REALLY ABOUT TO HAPPEN!

Game Mode: CTF
    WADs: blksectf
    utvox1d
    njblk01

Maps: 17 (01-08, 10-13, 15-19)
    DMFLAGS: 283716 / 34211337
    Players: 14 (autobalancing + 2 spec slots)
    Teams: 2
    Timelimit: 9 mins
    Flags: 5
    Skill: 4 - Nightmare
    No teamdamage or overtime.

Date: Saturday 27th February 2010
    Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
    Locations: XXX & The Best Ever/Unfy/The Outpost

Last edited by TheCupboard on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has some really nice moments.

I know I prob'ly say this every week, but definitely pumped for this one!
Nah seriously, I've been so desperate for CTF this week I've had to play ZDCTF! Crying or Very sad
Dark_Odyssey
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Ancient etchings found on the elder stone dolmens in the Dark Moors on Deimos...]

... And as a sixth trumpet did sound, the UAC Overlord spake:

"Behold, o splendid legions of red and blue, a black rose hath swept the land, and thus I command thee: Thou shalt capture the flag of thy enemy with relentless pursuit, and carry this blessed artifact onto holy soil - thine own soil ..."

[This is followed by an indecipherable part of writing (which looks like it had been prone to assault by hundreds of clawed hands and feet, raging fire and some sort of projectile missiles) of which the only readible passage seems to be some sort of warning to the faithless, those faint of heart and unwilling to risk their blood and their youth in one of the countless epic campaigns throughout the ages] ... [well, throughout Zaturdays, actually ...]

"... or else a bale, a calamity of the most horrid kind, yes, a DooM shall be imminent, a DooM that none can withstand, and of whose invoked wrath none will live to tell !"

[The final dolmen of the Dark Moors is mysteriously missing, believed removed since before even the UAC Lords descended from the stars by an army of hellish legions, which ravaged this countryside thousands of years ago.]
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to send a bot message to all players before server runs, there's the link: 85.214.149.120:10901
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Krawa, you're a star as always. And your posts alone are worth the effort of making ZDS threads each week Keks Very Happy

Not many readers or replies to this week's thread but heh, we certainly got plenty of players! Even if they were all over the place server and timewise again Laughing

Thanks to Jad again for the sole US server. And boooooooo to dr33v3r for releasing a new version sometime between the two sessions!
Some great play even on the more taxing maps:
Code:
<TheCupboard> Really great things there
<TheCupboard>    except the ones with the transfer brightness that made shit dark as hell.
<TheCupboard>    Could never tell who my teammates were or if the flag carrier was enemy or friendly until we got close

Yeah there was that on a couple of maps and there were a couple of others which seemed a bit directionless. But mostly it was rocksolid fun. Catch some games here if you didn't already!
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odyssey gets a gold star for fostering teh excitement!

Krawa and Jad thanks for the servers. There was lots of Vendetta stuff going on and I was a little too busy with my studies to drop in for any length of time, so I don't even know if Europe actually happened or not. *shrug*

Anyway... I'm looking forward to seeing this pack grow. We had players filling the server to the brim!
Dark_Odyssey
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[...] so I don't even know if Europe actually happened or not. *shrug*

It did happen, Cuppy, and we had a few nice games, until all of a sudden the XXX server was void of life again and I decided to wreak further havoc in Cyrodiil with my level 100 - Dremora race, mid you - Oblivion (TM) player character until the US session would be about to start.

Anyway, what I liked least were the maps without any music, as I am quite the purist when it comes to the way DooM is enjoyed... so no playing WAD x while listening to musical dirge y on WinAmp for The Keks *yuck*.

But nevertheless I thought the whole affair to be great, plain, fun and nice ZDS entertainment as it should be Smile

[The mists begin to disperse... for now, the images fade. Further Tales shall have to wait 'til another day...]
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wad's pretty good indeed, even without music.
I should attend those ZDS, but Saturday nights aren't a good time for me :p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's quite decent. Although some maps are laggy due to detail.

Anyways, here is the very latest version, which sadly arrived too late to be run last week: blkrsectf1

I believe it has fixes and a new map if anyone feels like hosting it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: