ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

capoquake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: capoquake Reply with quote

Hello my first map coming !!!
I worked two nights on the map and this is my result
prefer os settings here
wad will soon be placed on Oblacek
gb and gl on the map Cool

edit:

ok so i fix failed textured and optimalized for skulltag , zdoom and zdaemon enjoy Arrow
http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/95093/capoquake.wad_72.26KB.html

any pictures:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2384/screen1qa.png

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4926/screen2jb.png

Last edited by capodecima on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so your new to this section that's fine.

please look at other threads in this section, we kinda expect a better explaination of the map along with screenshots and recommended DM flags and settings. usually projects start off in Wad editing section before coming to Zdreview, this section is for 100% completed projects ( no your map is not completed there are many texture miss alighnments)

I would keep your first projects to yourself till you gain more skills before releasing anymore matterial to the public for playing. try using the wad editing section people will tell you what you could improve upon and help you out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go: http://doom.kruczyslaw.cx.cc/wads/capoquake.zip

Last edited by Kruczyslaw on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, when you have curves, you sure do make them smooth! Laughing

Your texture choice comes across as crude at times. For instance, the mixing of the ashwall textures and the the metal base theme clashes. Use a few extra vertices on each ladder rung to make it so the texture doesn't get interrupted. Making use of lower and upper unpegging will also make things look better. Also, you can only activate the lift by pressing from one side when it looks like you should be able to press it from two sides. I'd consider moving some health around. You have 3 medikits and 9 stimpacks placed very close together.

I don't have any big suggestions for the layout except maybe to have a way to lower the bars from the outside. The height differences are interesting and there could be some nice strategy used at various points in the map. Having a decent layout for your first map is pretty good actually. Most authors usually miss the mark COMPLETELY with their first stuff.

Also, consider posting your next work in the wad editing section like Zero pointed out. That way you can get comments as you work on it and ask that your topic be moved to ZDReview when you're good and ready.
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you for support and thanks Kruczyslaw and ZERO99

TheCupboard wrote:
Heh, when you have curves, you sure do make them smooth! Laughing

i dont no how to do this Smile

TheCupboard wrote:
Your texture choice comes across as crude at times.

i use textured that looking good and for specific location ( outsid, inside and cellar)

TheCupboard wrote:
You have 3 medikits and 9 stimpacks placed very close together.

i think about it

I didnīt map for specific flags but i know that map is good for OS (4920324/3599636) and NS (21700/131072).
Exactly ssg war inside room is prety good Smile
thanx for watching
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had a look at this capo, and I think you have some nice ideas here for a first mapping attempt. The map layout itself seemed more Free For All to me, but then again so do most the maps I created for duel Smile

There are quite a few texture misalignments throughout the map, but these are easily fixed if you go back to this (Doom Builder can even do most of the aligning automatically for you). I wasn't quite sure about the lava pit for a duel map, it may work better if there was a way to get out of it like a lift or teleport etc, and the player would only be punished by taking 30% damage for falling down instead of having to die to escape.

The walls in the outside area are a little bland for my taste, this could be made less apparent by adding some kind of waterfalls leading into the pool at the bottom which I think could look nice.

But like I said at the beginning there are some good original ideas here and this map could be quite good with a little more elbow grease. And is by far one of the better first mapping attempts I've seen, good work.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you fixed up most of the errors in the original version of this - the flat/texture mix and those curved lines that were drawn off the map area. You still have some missing textures in the ground where those bars drop down, but technically then it seems fine other than that.

The map feels very old-school due to the scale, primitive visuals and the haphazard item distribution. The flow seems quite lacking in the indoor tunnels too, so I'm not sure I'd want to play it as a 1on1. And the outside area is such a drop down I think freelook would be advised on it.

I like the BFG run-around and the other guns seem fairly sensibly placed - until we get to those tunnels which are just horrible. Don't like the sheer dropdown there - far too campable. It'd be better to give the lift a different texture to the surrounding walls too, because it's not always clear if you're looking at that lift or the wall behind it Wink
The lava is ok... but I'd prefer higher sector damage than that because it takes far too long to die with the blue armor. Or, like Sniper says, have some way out of it. That armor seems too close to the plasma as well - and I'm really not a fan of the plasma in the darkness either Razz

Definitely interesting but far from perfect and seems like it'd take a long time to play out as a duel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: