ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #126 - Russian Railette

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: ZDS #126 - Russian Railette Reply with quote

W00t! Another week, another oldschool compilation!

Seems we've had a few of them just recently for deathmatch what with DWANGO5, DCDWANGO and now the favourite PWAD of Mother Russia - DMPACK. Of course, if you remember back then DW5 had barrels and DC was 3way TDM. So what's different this week? We're playing FFA with a mod that I tested out in the November Euro tourney on DMC2 last year which started out based on Instagib but ended up very different. Coincidentally that tourney map is also in this mappack! Very Happy

• Players spawn with railguns and 100% health
  • All weapons and ammo other than BFG and cellpacks are removed from maps
  • Health and armor remain
  • Vampire mode is on with a 200% limit

For anybody unclear about the last point, it means that everytime you damage an opponent you gain half of the damage you inflicted - up to a maximum of 200%. Health pickups can also now boost you over 100%. So while it is possible to get instagib-style one-hit kills, it is far from a certainty.

Only other thing of note is I finally got a chance to use a music pack I threw together some time back. Ever have the in-game music on and get annoyed that the standard Doom2 tunes just don't fit the maps you're in? I do! So I made this pack which gives all 32 maps some tracker musical accompaniment more suiting to kicking the living shit out of each other Very Happy

Game Mode: FFA
    WADs: dmpack
    uigibfg2
    fightmusic
    UTvox1d

Maps: 28 (02-11, 13-30)
    DMFLAGS: 349412 / 101711872
    Time: 8 mins
    Fraglimit: 25
    Players: 10 (+2 spec slots)

Date: Saturday 30th January 2010
    Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
    Locations: I have no bloody clue other than for XXX (and L@P if we need it)

Now go practice your rail aim before Saturday!
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG

If this is that mod you showed me some months ago, then I am major-league excited! Railguns, BFGs and vampire mode are heavenly together.

I remember mentioning sometime on ABCDM that I really needed to practice my railing skills. This is my chance I guess. Razz
Jad
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite my hatred of railguns, there is an Outpost server ready for you.
DEATHBR1NGER
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been able to put up servers for like the last month. I've been really busy with college work so I haven't been able to do anything with doom. I'm home now so I'm pretty sure I can put up this week's in multiple locations and perhaps participate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
unfy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my server should be up.

i won't be in town this weekend, though.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Thanks to Unfy and Death - and Krawa of course - for the servers. But I told you before Death, we don't need multiple servers, just one dependable one.

• Props to Cuppy and Jad who played plenty despite their respective lack of freelook and hatred of railguns.

• Mad respect to the russian bears who were just too plain dumb to realise there was something else going on and insisted on playing their safe home server all through Euro ZDS (thus ensuring that only lasted about 30mins).

• And fuck-you-very-much to whoever the hell decided to push DXCTF out on a session nite. Really appreciate your support there too Boner.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did have to enable freelook on about every other map. I knew there was going to be a problem when I shot straight ahead and couldn't destroy a barrel. Laughing

I played some of the time with my monitor in a weird color glitch. I thought we were running an ecstasy wad this week or something. Laughing I exited out of the game after a bit - my eyes very relieved upon rejoining to no longer find purple-green walls everywhere.

Some nice maps and railgunning rampages!
Emui-Tan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddam, i readed it too late, now i want to shot rail in my dumb head... despite the fact i had only few minuts of gameplay available yesturday, now i see what they was totally wasted if i understanded correctly and they was at the same time as zds... anyway man, if its really as you described it should be brilliant, railguns and vampire mode. Hope to see its on some server again, sorry again for my fault /!\
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey well Krawa's XXX server is still up for a few days more.
And nah, not your fault. I BLAME DIZZY!

Also apologies for shortchanging Jad when I said thanks to the US guys for servers!
Dark_Odyssey
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope you didnīt miss good olī Dark too much this sesh, but even in a nerdīs life (like mine) there is the rare occurence of s.th. else going on besides DooM ... now imagine that ! Very Happy

I promise, though, to be back again for #127 ... nevertheless I gotta admit that I am not *that* unhappy about having missed The Great Railwars Surprised

No comment on this xxxD --->
Quote:
Mad respect to the russian bears who were just too plain dumb to realise there was something else going on and insisted on playing their safe home server all through Euro ZDS (thus ensuring that only lasted about 30mins).

... except "Wherre BFG ?" perhaps ^^
ManoLO
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hossa Dark!

I been missing you sooo much this sesh! And every other solid doomer that couldīve made a victory against that french born-with-a-railgun-aliaser named "Eduardo" that pwned me 40-4 in every of those 4-5 rounds i "tried to play"...sooo...that weeks sesh didnt make me happy AT ALL xxxD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: