ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #121 - Red suits and berettas now standard issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: ZDS #121 - Red suits and berettas now standard issue Reply with quote

"Upon returning from his off season (and much deserved/needed) vacation, Santa awakes aboard flight 42 from Florida to find his plane empty. There is no one around and the seats are smeared in blood and elf-guts.

'Martha' he cries out as he desperatly undoes his seatbelt. But Mrs. Claus is nowhere to be found. Thinking this all strange, a worried and somewhat confused Santa grabs his sack, and prepares to deboard the plane. It isn't till he opens the outer door to the plane that he smells the stench. Death and decay... two odors he knows well."

-h2h-xmas text file

...and there begins a merry journey to drive the hellish demons out of the North Pole. The levels in H2H-XMAS are pretty wintery with snow textures, Christmas trees, animated snowfall, new item artwork, and Santa Claus skins. I don’t have lots of time to write a novel about this ZDS… So I’ll say this: happy holidays to all and whoever is around on December 26th can join us for some jolly dooming!

Vampire mode is on as well, folks! The monsters will be a little more fierce as well to keep things lively.

If you can't wait until then for funz then here's a tidbit courtesy of Knarrenheinz:
Exhibit Eins

Game Mode: COOP
IWAD: Doom 2
PWADs: h2h-xmas

Maps: 25 (01-04, 06-10, 12, 13, 15-25, 27, 29]
DMFLAGS: 376868/68288834
Skill: 3 - Ultraviolence
Timelimit: No
Players: 8 (+2 spectator slots)
Voting: Kick, Map

Date: Saturday 26th December
Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
Locations: L@P/XXX & Unfy/A sack of Deathbr1nger servers Razz

Server hosts can link to Fathax (Put 'http:\\wadhost.fathax.com/files/getwad.php/%s' in as the URL link).

Last edited by TheCupboard on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect to Cupboard and Boner who both had ideas for stuff to run this week, when I plainly couldn't be assed.

Cupboard's co-op sesh makes more sense than the FFA Bones wanted to run as it doesn't matter so much with this if we only get like 2 players. I should be there - possibly even for the Euro session this week Shocked
unfy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my server is up and running... i won't be around tho, family for xmas.

merry xmas ya'll
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest to use nohoming.wad, because there are Revenants in some maps and you know the problem. H2H-XMAS.WAD has no DEHACKED, so it should work fine.

Merry XXXmas!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent suggestion Krawa. There were a lot of revs in many maps so thankyou for that!

I played the Euro with a few guys for about hour and a half, until I was just playing SP on map17. It was very enjoyable either solo or with people. Worst and MiamiVice made an effort but there weren't any other familiar faces Sad
Vampire mode was an interesting touch, but perhaps for co-op then health pickups should be removed with a patch.

US sesh get any good play?
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or next time the spawn health flag could just be unchecked. Razz

Ta for that, Krawa. Smile

I was travelling and visiting family but I did return home on Saturday at about 9:30 pm EST. I wasn't really expecting to make it home until lot later due to road conditions, but I was fortunate enough not to have any major delays.

Anyway, I noticed there were several servers to choose from. I played a bit on Unfy's starting on map20 and people trickled in after a while. There were half a dozen players at the highest point. Everyone was in pretty good holiday cheer, especially with those excellent player death noises. Laughing Thanks to Malignancy, members of the Torpedo crew, and the others who stopped by to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: