ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vendetta #3: Bad Blood (SIGN UPS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- As a matter of fact Thad, I did reply, just read back Smile
- Dont give me your whine about not playing with your strongest line-up. You had enough time to do so, but you didnt. We also played with a lot of different members and line-ups as did most of the other clans.
- And on top of that it's a fact that you have the biggest squad, though still failing the hardest. As a tourney admin you should be giving an example on how to get games played, not the opposite.

I know Horizon is bad now, and a day extra to cope with this would have been understandable, but an entire week is ridiculous. Also you could have posted this before, so other people didnt have to play witht these shitty conditions (or their lesser line-ups), but no, you wait until you find out you will be unable to get your own shit played before the deadline...
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait a minute, Gyrossman posts about the deadline and I get the shit....good one.

Fact is this is the way things are, if you want to be a baby then be one, if not, then just take it on the chin and move on.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, are you trying to say now this entire decision has been made without you knowing about it? I'm pretty sure you were too much of a wuss to post it yourself and therefore let Gyross do the dirty job.

Im not being a baby, I just think it's a big buttfuck towards the teams that did make an effort to get things played.

I'm sure you just have another definition of a fun tourney with great games Smile

EDIT: Gyros's clan played all their games, so why should I put shit on him? It's more than reasonable that the deciding game should be the last one of the tourney, and thus the game with D is en exception.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just having a tantrum because dp might finish 5th or 6th, I expected more from you.

AND yeah I asked Gyro to post the extension simply because I wanted to avoid more drama from dp about this issue, but make no mistake there was no persuading needed everyone agreed in fact I asked gyro and Mortal what they thought before saying that I thought there should be an extension and they both put forward the idea as well, so if you want to have a go, have a go at all 3 of us and not just "wuss" out by having a go at an easy target because it will cause less bother for you.

Fact is this, the only reason dp need an extension to play their last game is because of dp. We would have played tonight, you refused, end of.

Oh and Gyro's clan didn't play all of their games, D were here to play and CI couldnt because Nero didnt turn up. Mortal was nice enough to say to me, "I don't want to force CI to have to play with a weaker team". Now that is called sportsmanship, maybe you should look it up and learn its meaning.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
Oh and Gyro's clan didn't play all of their games, D were here to play and CI couldnt because Nero didnt turn up. Mortal was nice enough to say to me, "I don't want to force CI to have to play with a weaker team". Now that is called sportsmanship, maybe you should look it up and learn its meaning.

fuck you.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
You're just having a tantrum because dp might finish 5th or 6th, I expected more from you.

You honestly think we care about this? We play games where 2 of the 3 members have never seen the maps before, Im sure we care much about where we might end up.

Thadeuss wrote:
Fact is this, the only reason dp need an extension to play their last game is because of dp. We would have played tonight, you refused, end of.

You're trying to tell me you came up with an extension because we need it? We knew the consequenses of not playing, you clearly stated them a month a go, so act to it. Im sure you can find tons of reasons why we should have the 20 flags against. Probably for the same reasons that your planned game with I> for tonight got actually played....

Thadeuss wrote:

LOL, how many times did we not play you, because your perfect line-up was not ready while there were enough players of UBR online? This has nothing to do with sportsmanship from our side. And like I said earlier, the D-CI game is an exception, because it's deciding for the tourney, so please dont give me this shit.
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sniper is having problums, we cannot paly"

There, I summed up your problem. He is always having problems, or vamp! He too! You just can't play without them either. We have asked you guys to play too.

"We did too"

Ohh yes, like that one time when Sniper came to pm, _5 AM_ asking for a game. Were you guys really up at that time?

PS. You cannot blame me if we can't get games played, how many times I've actually played in a vendetta game? Two times now. First vendetta game I played was the first time I played the maps ever.

Like Rag said, we have used different lineups, we don't need specific players to play the game.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, you asked us at the beginning of January, we couldn't play those 2 times and we then posted here to ask about times, you then refused to play tonight.

Tuomio: My point is you could have played, maybe both teams have had their faults, but I didn't once say we couldnt play tonight, in fact I'll quote:

" there's gonna be a 1 week extension on games guys, but it will look shit if my clan, an admin, doesnt play tonight"

So we offered with the players we had online, you refused. We've played everyone else, why in the name of god would we not play dp?

Get over it.
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Thad has done a cracking job organising this tournament with special help from Gyrossman and Mortal as his panel. Thanks for keeping CTF alive in Europe lads.

Realisitically though, every team is to blame for leaving all their games until the last minute. The only reason people started to post their times and ask around urgently was because others were whining and a deadline was set. A mass panic occurred and no-one was available at the same time. People should be posting publically in the forum and showing the world that they're trying to arrange a match. At least the messages on the forums cant be lost like in irc chat!

There are teams who tried harder than others, this is true.

In a perfect world, we'd all be available at the same time but it's not always a perfect world. I think the deadline extension was perhaps the wrong decision to make. There should be consequences for late finishes but as their are so many late finishers for whatever reason, DQ's are a no.

This bitching at Thad is nonesence. There are 3 people running the show. Dewww have you spoken to Gyrossman the way you've been speaking to Thad? I bet you haven't. At the end of the day, a decision has been made by the 3 men in charge and you've all got just over 7 days to finish. Have fun.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteKnight wrote:
Have fun.

Very Happy
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol this is super rich coming from [dp] and .CI.
Both teams previously having refused games or delayed games due to not having the players they wanted online. At the end of the day there arent many teams here that can say that they have accepted every single game offer from all the vendetta teams. This has been happening throughout the whole tournament but it is only more apparent now because there are only a few clans left and the deadline is here, so this is getting blown way out of proportion. We should all be striving to help each other out, since when were we all supposed to be enemies? Because that's the way people are acting here.

The fact is that the deadline is here, and all the games have not been played. IMO through nobody in particular's fault. Those who have finished all their games should give theirselves a pat on the back, and those who haven't should be trying to get them done RATHER than bitching about why they aren't.

Ragnarok, dewww; you both have been or still are admins of tournaments. And although this may not be the case, flaming here just makes it seem like you have difficulty accepting other admins decisions. Please correct me if im wrong.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Thadeuss wrote:

You're trying to tell me you came up with an extension because we need it? We knew the consequenses of not playing, you clearly stated them a month a go, so act to it. Im sure you can find tons of reasons why we should have the 20 flags against. Probably for the same reasons that your planned game with I> for tonight got actually played....

Sorry to say that we agreed on the fact that Sniper had a very bad ping. You tell me [THE] too? Not Quite. There were only AconyX. NRM is like... He plays well with a ping 160/180:) But not 250 as 350 for Snip D:
Just mikehail is fantastic with it !
Anyway, I leave this game tonight to play in the best conditions with [UBR]. I have no problem with it.

Without forget RALST
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope everyone can now just accept this is the way things are and we can just finish off the tournament. Maybe if we all stop arguing we can still enjoy the last couple of games.

Goodluck everyone.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vendetta #3: Bad Blood (SIGN UPS) Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:

RULES:

1)Play your games as quickly as possible

2) Be respectful!

3) Everyone take a demo

4) Have fun!

5) If a clan goes inactive and is holding the tournament back from being completed, they may be excluded from the rest of the tournament. [We will be very reasonable though about this.

etc....

What the fuck happened to this community? when did you guys all get so hostile? If it's not this tourney it's the official ones and if it's not them it's another fail-bound clanwar. There's always an ongoing issue, it turns into a flamewar and alll of a sudden it's a 14 page argument.The it's all forgotten about until next month.

Read the tournament rules. You ALL agreed to them.However,within this forum alone, members of most of the clans in this tourney seem to have broken most of the rules. IF we're doing this by the book like you're all demanding, then you're all disqualified and it's not your problem any more. SO QUIT ARGUING AND GO PLAY SOME DOOM!!!
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first: Fuck you Thad.

After reading all your lies here about dp not asking you to play or refusing to play is fucking hilarious to me. I personally have spammed your members way more than your pitiful one or two time forum attempt to "organize" a game. It was always either "cant play because sniper/thad is missing" or i was simply being ignored. Vampire was the only one who answered those few times i asked him, so kudos to him!

So yeah well played forum hero

Saying we refused to play last night is preposterous. We were here waiting for HOURS and then you tell us we have to wait for your lag to magically disappear. Alright let's wait. Hours pass and nothing happens. It's getting close to midnight and you're saying its not too late for us? Yeah whatever dude.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendetta #3: Bad Blood (SIGN UPS) Reply with quote

After all the efforts many clans have made over the last week then I'm really not happy with any further extensions. Not like vd-plas ever set out to win this tourney, but because of the deadline and availability of players we sent three guys into the field on Saturday who hadn't played for weeks/months.

So yeah, cheers very much for the magical, elastic deadline and don't be surprised if you get a lower turnout for any subsequent Vendettas

And as for the 'Have Fun' part of the rules. That was just drained out of this contest as soon as teams started stalling. Buncha prima donnas Laughing

...but Like Hash says, it'll probably all be forgotten about next month!
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...maybe im not playing all this tournaments, maybe im not importand person in zd word but for what I read in this forum and for what i see at all, I draw conclusions... Most of euro players acts like little coddle kids! You all forgot about fair-play and play-for-fun rule. This is only a game, we all came here for relax and have fun.

R.I.P spirit of Good Game you are next after spirit of clans
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I'm out, I tried to do something for you guys, but you all have to jump in here saying "fuck you Thad" etc.

I'm done.

Ubr forfeits it's games 20-0 to dp and 20-0 to I>. Gyro and Mortal can finish organising the last remaining games, thx to everyone who took part in 3 years of Vendetta tourneys, it was fun until about January where it turned sour.

Take it easy.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no problem for most players here Thad. they are just idiots who blame you for a stupid reason! How they can be selfish his players. You are a nice guy. And we will try our match together [UBR] soon.

ps: Do not drop the Vendetta, because even if the year passed I could finish my tournament, because my clan was dead... I would like to say that this CTF is the best tournament we've seen so far! So, do not make a mess with it !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: