ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sykeshot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: sad face Reply with quote

I have the playstation 3 version of the game and I have to say that it's a blast to play. I don't like the pc version, simply because I have grown close to the game pad, which is how cod was made...for a game pad. Play the console version, you can't go wrong. (play on pc, and you will see that counter strike will satisfy you more...in my opinion).

I don't like the 360 controls, a bit laggy, you have to OWN an xbox, and get used to it, before playing CoD MW2.

PC...the game wasn't made for a mouse and keyboard.

ps3, I feel right at home because the control scheme just works for me.

PLAY IT, (torrent it for pc if you want to try it), but you can't go wrong with it, multiplayer is the only thing worth playing since the campaign is
filled with American Comu-nazi-taliban-terrorist bull shit that leans pollitically too far to the "AMURIKA is the best HOORAH" viewpoint.

(I like America, but not the HOORAH America. PM me if you want to argue or clarify what that means.)

Last edited by sykeshot on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
DEATHBR1NGER
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: sad face Reply with quote

sykeshot wrote:
I have the playstation 3 version of the game and I have to say that it's a blast to play. I don't like the pc version, simply because I have grown close to the game pad, which is how cod was made...for a game pad. Play the console version, you can't go wrong. (play on pc, and you will see that counter strike will satisfy you more...in my opinion).

I don't like the 360 controls, a bit laggy, you have to OWN an xbox, and get used to it, before playing CoD MW2.

PC...the game wasn't made for a mouse and keyboard.

ps3, I feel right at home because the control scheme just works for me.

PLAY IT, (torrent it for pc if you want to try it), but you can't go wrong with it, multiplayer is the only thing worth playing since the campaign is
filled with American Comu-nazi-taliban-terrorist bull shit that leans pollitically too far to the "AMURIKA is the best HOORAH" viewpoint.

(I like America, but not the HOORAH America. PM me if you want to argue or clarify what that means.)

edited crappy banners

In my opinion this game was made for xbox live. Spec ops and just regular multiplayer is just awesome. I have yet to play the campaign though and I'm curious as to how the story continues.

Also protip: don't talk about torrenting
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sykeshot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: ack Reply with quote

ack good call, xbox live has superior community and "friend connectivity", but ps3 online holds its own, considering cod MW2 doesnt really rely on psn or xbl...except for friend lists and GS. I may be wrong, but I don't see xbl's advantage other than the friends accesibilty. ( I dont see a difference). THEY ARE BOTH GREAT.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me sees a ps3 vs xbox 360 flamewar coming
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the longest time i couldnt quite put my finger on what bothered me about the new COD games since the original MW. Then it hit me, this game plays it self via kill streaks, enjoy your lack of skills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen my mate apprently play this in some video he showed me and it just looks like the biggest spam ass fested game ever. It's like brit10 COD style. 25 kill streak and you win the game by a nuke lol? COD2 will always be the one I bone.
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth the money unless you'll play multiplayer. You can beat single player in like 3-5hrs max. It is like an action movie, awesome but very short.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastidious wrote:
Not worth the money unless you'll play multiplayer. You can beat single player in like 3-5hrs max. It is like an action movie, awesome but very short.

3 hours ololol that's like a demo version..10 years before games took 3 days
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
3 hours ololol that's like a demo version..10 years before games took 3 days

20 years before games took 20 years. *stares viciously at wizardry 7*
Repins
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got Xbox live so I tryed out multiplayer, Yeh lol It is a big spam fest, helicopters and harriers flying about ever, people running round with javelins lol, quite funny tbh

R e p i n Ss

Is my Gamertag for Xbox Live add me! Very Happy
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past two months I have very much enjoyed playing MW2 online for free on my PS3. I hope everyone who has to pay for online is enjoying themselves Smile
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanBones wrote:
For the past two months I have very much enjoyed playing MW2 online for free on my PS3. I hope everyone who has to pay for online is enjoying themselves Smile

yea i seriously cant fathom paying for xbox live just to play a spam fest glad i stick to pc.
Handy Mustard Gas
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone hit my up on MW2, XBl - TG Zombie
Screw
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustard gas, do you play special ops? I got 42 stars.
Repins
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw wrote:
Mustard gas, do you play special ops? I got 42 stars.
I played it ;D I got like 40 something stars, echo is so hard D;
sykeshot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO99 wrote:

yea i seriously cant fathom paying for xbox live just to play a spam fest glad i stick to pc.

I want the xbox live guys out there to tell me, (other than matchmaking and achievements, which you can get anyway on ps3) what the benefit is of xbl?
I really want to know, I'm not trying to be rude, but due to its popularity I would assume there is something MEGA special about it...help please.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we're veering a little offtopic with the XBOX/PS3 thing but your question is relevant in the sense that this is a thread concerning the most popular ONLINE shooter for quite some time. So here are my (imo, unbiased) two cents...

A major reason XBOX Live has the better reputation and the bigger worldwide user-base because it was there first... And Xbox 360 was half the price of a PS3. People bought them because the Xbox had won their hearts with some great exclusive titles. They bought them also because they couldn't wait for PS3, and because when PS3 finally was released it was "too expensive". Nowadays the PS3 has outsold the 360 in Europe and sales are still steady.

I've played the 360 for MANY hours, despite never owning one, and i've played the PS3 for MANY hours (and i do own one) i can say with absolutely no "OMG MY CONSOLE RULES" bias that i prefer PS3N although to be perfectly honest i never noticed enough of a difference between the two services for it to be a major talking point.

If anything i'd say PS3 had a more straightforward setup than XBL, lacking a few of the frills which XBL offers. yet it hasn't been as well supported. XBL is nice and simple and it works. PS3 does the same although it was a little disappointing at first. Recently they've tried to make improvements in terms of connecting with buddies etc.

I'd be very surprised if, within the next year or so, Sony don't make an effort to provide a much more user-friendly and in depth online experience on PS3N once they've released some more of the major titles which are currently being lined up. Sony have also released some pretty innovative stuff on the store and they added PS3 Home as a free download for all PS3 users. Although i personally find Home completely useless the idea of it will appeal to a lot of people worldwide and is constantly being updated and improved.

Xbox will surely update things here and there but eventually i feel the ps3 will dominate the market as it is gonna be around for a bit longer. Xbox will counter by releasing their next console and live probably be back re-vamped and stronger than ever.

At the end of the day though I'd have to say that neither service is "BETTER" as it is all about personal preference which is why at least 50% of the people who read this will probably have opinions which differ vastly from mine. I'd suggest a thread for it but it'd more than likely end in tears.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I think that's the first intelligent post in a ps3 vs xbox 360 debate I've ever read

Although I am biased towards my xbox because I luv it, hash is right in that it all comes down to preference. Both consoles have their pros and cons, and you're an idiot if you think one is outright better than the other.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i love about console talk is that PC is almost never mentioned on the same level as consoles due to its over all superiority in functionality, performance, graphics, and former quality of games made, in other words its in a league of its own. The only draw back is the price of a computer and the now exponential slowing of the once booming PC gaming industry of the late 90's early 00's. This was because PC had it all first. Consoles try to replicate the awesome of multiplayer on a PC but will never come close to the same quality.
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO99 wrote:
Consoles try to replicate the awesome of multiplayer on a PC .....
minus the awesomeness of cracked games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: