ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[minor] 'You're out of lives' message spams the console.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: [minor] 'You're out of lives' message spams the console. Reply with quote

It seems it sends the message every tic if you hold your respawn key. Holding it for just about half a second fills up nearly entire console with spam.

I kind of doubt there's a real need to print it that often. It would be nice to reduce the rate a bit if it's possible or maybe just send it once on button press if that's suitable. Thank you.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed for b24
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to have been reverted in 1.09.01.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not recall any changes related to that code. did you test SP or c/s?
also it could not have been reverted in 1.09.01 since that was a client update only and the fix happened on the server back then.

just a little reminder. before the fix when you triggered join while out of lives for just a split second your whole console was more or less full of those messages. after the fix the messages coming from the server were limited to not be sent on every tick. that means that you can still spam your console when you keep join pressed, but not as quickly as before.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phenex2 wrote:
i do not recall any changes related to that code. did you test SP or c/s?

I noticed it on yesterday's TNS session. Now that I test it in singleplayer though, it just prints the message once for me on each key press.

phenex2 wrote:
also it could not have been reverted in 1.09.01 since that was a client update only and the fix happened on the server back then.

Didn't mean it's exactly 1.09.01's problem; only meant I noticed it in that version.

phenex2 wrote:
just a little reminder. before the fix when you triggered join while out of lives for just a split second your whole console was more or less full of those messages.

Yes.

phenex2 wrote:
after the fix the messages coming from the server were limited to not be sent on every tick. that means that you can still spam your console when you keep join pressed, but not as quickly as before.

Hmm, that must be what I haven't realized before. When I tested it after update it was looking like it only sends the message once on key press. That's how I assumed it works back then. Now when you're saying the "spam rate" was decreased (instead of being "stopped" as I thought), then yeah, that must be what I've experienced yesterday. Thanks for making that clear anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: