ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team Survival Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
Jesse is having HUGE problems connecting to the Kruk's server, and I have no willingness to play this map anymore (;D) so we are sadly announcing retirement from da tourney etc.
Sry dudes x

I'm sorry to hear about the connection problems and I understand you two wish to withdraw from the tournament. Still, thanks for signing up and giving it a try.

TheCupboard wrote:
I don't understand the scoring procedure. I see that some teams are being awarded 50 survival points even though only one team member survived. Shouldn't each team be awarded 25 points for each member that lives? [dp]Ragnarok and [dp]Dragula also seem to have 150 survival points even though they only played two games.

Could someone clear this up for me?

Yes sir, I can. Proteh, the one who built and maintains the website, made a few errors due to ignorance. I've recalculated all the scores and gave them to Proteh. The scores should be fine now. My apologies for the confusion caused.

Ragnarok wrote:
But actually the entire point system for this tourney is crap: Suppose a team loses 3 matches, but then in the last game both their opponents die quickly, so they can finish the map in a relaxed way. Then they could use the arch enemies to keep on respawning corpses so that they kan kill the same monsters many times, giving them a lot of points. They could even get so many points by doing this, that they will become group winner even though they lost 3 of the 4 games... Confused

Sure, I agree the scoring may not be ideal, but it's harsh to say it's crap without backing it up with a proper alternative. Yes, I'm very well aware of the fact Archviles revive monsters and they can be spared in order to gather more points. But at the end of the day, every team can do this if they wish. So in conclusion, the odds are equal for all teams.

Last but not least! Arrow [QnB]Bojan & [QnB]Ronald (216) vs (41) baah-vd-Plas & The-Kop-vd-Plas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well something which could make this point system slightly better is saying that the most important thing is the amount of games won. So at least a team with only 1 victory cannot go through by respawning archies.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Only a week of time left and there are still so many games left to be played! I was expecting this a little, since there were so many teams signing up. So currently, the active teams are proceeding to the next round! Here's the list of proceeding teams at the moment:

Pool 1
[QnB]Bojan & [QnB]Ronald
baah-vd-Plas & The-Kop-vd-Plas

Pool 2
[dp]Ragnarok & [dp]Dragula
[XXX]error & Firmar-vd-Plas

Pool 3
Gyrossman & Nero
Madgunner & Sier

Pool 4
TheCupboard & The Ultimate Doomer
Sniper & WeaponX

If you're not on this list and if you do want to be on that list, you'll need to act soon! Last week ladies gentlemen!

FRAG YOUR BRAINS OUT!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent plan Roland!

Baah and I have been looking to get more of our matches played but contacting some of these people seems impossible. Dizzy and Alice are never on irc, seems to be rare to see Mistopher and Andy on at the same time, and Rpenis... well, he's never anywhere when you need him Sad
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rontard wrote:
BRAINS

Heh.

Proteh was here yesterday, but for like ten minutes only :/

Cybershark : Dizzy was here yesterday too. I'll try to talk to her about that next time I see her.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Baah and I have been looking to get more of our matches played but contacting some of these people seems impossible. Dizzy and Alice are never on irc, seems to be rare to see Mistopher and Andy on at the same time, and Rpenis... well, he's never anywhere when you need him Sad

Yeah, we're in the same pool and have the same problem. Oh well, we'll see what happens in the upcoming week.

[WH]-Wilou84 wrote:
Proteh was here yesterday, but for like ten minutes only :/

I don't think it's fair you say that, because he is way more online than you are.
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron : Hmm you're right, sorry. I wasn't trying to blame Proteh, just saying that yesterday was maybe a good opportunity to play.
I'll probably be there on tomorrow evening, let's hope we could play some games then.
Killemall
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[LAD]Killemall/[LAD]John - 97 (72 + 25 surv)
Madgunner/Sier - 143 (118 + 25 surv)
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killemall wrote:
[LAD]Killemall/[LAD]John - 97 (72 + 25 surv)
Madgunner/Sier - 143 (118 + 25 surv)

Screenshot of the above match: http://www.clancg.co.cc/SURVIVAL.PNG

GG guys!
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't know why this has not been posted, since we played it like 2 weeks ago:

Rag&Drag 67 -vs- 139 Solar_Flare&DemonSphere

gg
SwiftShot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Shocked

Only a week of time left and there are still so many games left to be played! I was expecting this a little, since there were so many teams signing up. So currently, the active teams are proceeding to the next round! Here's the list of proceeding teams at the moment:

Pool 1
[QnB]Bojan & [QnB]Ronald

Pool 2
[XXX]error & Firmar-vd-Plas

Pool 3
Gyrossman & Nero
Madgunner & Sier

Pool 4
TheCupboard & The Ultimate Doomer
Sniper & WeaponX

If you're not on this list and if you do want to be on that list, you'll need to act soon! Last week ladies gentlemen!

FRAG YOUR BRAINS OUT!

I already said above that me and fluffles withdrew because of connection problems, we were in pool 2, sorry again.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been way over a week, want to do this elimination thing anytime soon before we all forget this exists? D:
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies from me and Hash, we've rarely been on at the same time, and the few times we have our opponents haven't. So just go ahead and DQ us, and I'd say you should probably just DQ anyone else in the same situation and get the finals of this tourney done. At least I got to practice the map and found it really enjoyable.Sorry again.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be away for 2 weeks, although it doesn't look like things will be much different here then... Mad
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
I'll be away for 2 weeks, although it doesn't look like things will be much different here then... Mad

I would have loved to tell you different, but the facts speak for themselves. People probably forgot they signed up or they did while they were drunk. Doesn't matter really. The active teams are proceeding, competing for the cup.

It's been a long wait, I know, but I was hoping they would start playing if I gave them a little bit more time. Too bad they didn't. But that won't spoil our fun!

So there we have it, the first round is over! According to scores of the teams, the second could be really interesting! The following teams proceed to the second round!

Pool 5:
[QnB]Bojan & [QnB]Ronald
Madgunner & Sier
Sniper & WeaponX

Pool 6:
[AC]Solar_Flare & Demonsphere
Gyrossman & Nero
TheCupboard & The Ultmate Doomer

Brackets are updated! The best two teams of each pool proceed to the final pool where they compete for ranks 1-4. The "losers" Wink of each pool also move on to the final pool, but they will compete for ranks 5-8.

Enough talking, let's get this show on the road!

Good luck to all teams!

And.....

FRAG YOUR BRAINS OUT!
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please password the XXX server, our game got screwed because some random idiot wandered in halfway through and ignored our requests to not play.

(and Kruk please fix the other server so it has the correct settings)
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUD + TheCupboard 42 - 243 Nero + Gyrossman (inc +25 survival)
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baah + Kop 10 - 243 Gyross + Nero (inc +50 survival)
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baah & Kop 16 - 244 T.U.D & TheCupboard (219+25 surv)
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GGs!

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: