ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDL II - 5th map ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes you are right, yet it is others who do their championship. as always Wink
I just proposed a map
And then what does that make? you still going to lose your games F lol.
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I said that about shoot is because most people use shoot as a training wad for super shotgun aim. Why put a training wad on a major doom league? Also it doesn't matter if I lose all my games I still play in the league making me a participant. Anyway you're just lucky I ain't got mega internet otherwise would own your ass master xx Very Happy.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
scirmast wrote:
I think King1 should stay and D5M7 be replaced by Dweller2 m11.

scirmast for president!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Fluff says then Shoot should not even be considered. It's a total jokemap. There's maps in Nutty (01, 16 & 24) that have as much right to be played in a serious tourney as that crap Laughing

I'd vote for Dweller2M11 (and scirmast) too. DW6M11 sounds interesting but I think Fuloser isn't anything special.

Also I'm curious what Dewww's problem with Pobla is Surprised
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
DW6M11 sounds interesting but I think Fuloser isn't anything special.

DW6M11 is brilliant, saw some of the czechs playing that the other day. They played it really well and it looks really fun. Plus it's like strategy heaven with some of the spawns and how you open up other parts of the map Razz

Cybershark wrote:
Also I'm curious what Dewww's problem with Pobla is Surprised

Well personally I've found Pobla out of all the other most played duel maps the most bfg spammed one. So easy to get the bfg and dominate the map with it. Then you got the plasma gun. It's a good map but maybe slightly biast on players who choose to not use the bfg that much for the sake of their opponant to the people who just non-stop grab it.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Like Fluff says then Shoot should not even be considered. It's a total jokemap. There's maps in Nutty (01, 16 & 24) that have as much right to be played in a serious tourney as that crap :lol:

i was about to promote brit11map06, the author room. it's not intended for deathmatch play, but c'mon, we're totally raping common sense by even mentioning shoot, so why not? :)

Cybershark wrote:
DW6M11 sounds interesting

keep in mind, it's a hacked version with slightly 'repaired' weapon placement. it's in obla customizables selection as dwango66, iirc. it should work better, but the OS gurus have to sanctify it, i guess.

Cybershark wrote:
Also I'm curious what Dewww's problem with Pobla is :o

man, it's just so... bad. :)
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK WE SHOULD JUST HAVE A D5M7 AND SETTLE IT THAT WAY Exclamation
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, yeah, d5m7 is staying. heh.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Like Fluff says then Shoot should not even be considered. It's a total jokemap.

A fun map? Becaufe it seems too fast for some. Like you? I think it's a good map. Is a map to reflex, movement, precision simply. Of course you can not camp on it, it's a problem too Wink
I know that the big players on a map like this could make great game! Pity, go play your maps of shi' ;P
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot is more a training map for those skills you mentioned. This can also come down to a lot of luck on the day, no way shall this be used in EDL Season 2.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Doom is about more than SSG, raw aim and a crapload of medikits so this map is not a balanced playing ground anymore than a small arena full of chainguns and stimpacks would be.

And lol the Master. Nobody bashes you, just the map you promote. If you want to speak of 'shit maps' then look no further than Shoot. Even my very first joke FFA maps were better suited for competetive play than that.

'Too fast' you say? Heh, most maps are too fast for me but Shoot is the only one I don't consider to be even worth playing on. Everything you say about the merits of that map are true but they are also what count against it as it is a totally instinctive map - it doesn't have the weapons or the strategy to be considered a great one. I don't care how big the players are, IMO no-one could make a truly good game there.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not wrong in what you say both, but want to believe it or not, is a map that is played more and more. And I know that people would want to play it. Now it is true that it is a small map, maybe too simple in the tactical scheme... but so realistic for the great players SSG Wink

Well, I vote for D5m7 anyway.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is played more and more for training reasons and it's a good way to warm-up for proper games. It's good because it's quick Smile and d5m7 will stay anyways, don't worry Razz
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, shoot = your aim training and movement. There is only the technical aspect. Like nero said, it is good for training, but it would be silly to consider it as a tourney map. A tourney map should contain some tactical things too. Maybe D5M7 is about aim+movement mainly, it still has some ways how to get your opo. It is simply, it is not one small room. Shoot = one small room, you have to kill your opo immediately. I know that French doomers love ssg battles, but EDL map should be more than aiming...

D5M7 is the legendary OS Map, it should be inside the basic mappack (map01,d5M1/7,judas). King is repleceable, there are more legendary maps like dweller2map11 etc. Imo it should get a chance at least. I am not saying that king must be removed from the edl map-list.
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever gets to choose the server for Shoot!-map wins.

This is a fact.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one day this map will be considered as a map legend. legend in the sense that its being played at SSG... and that the players appreciate it sometimes. A bit like d5m7, but much smaller. and then, of course, I already knew your answer, don't worry Razz
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aimbot win this map Very Happy
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think King1 is very overrated tbh. As for shoot, while it is just a room with medipacks, I think there are a number of ways to play the map. What makes it a difficult map is that you have to change how you move, when you take your shots etc second by second, so it requires quick thinking. Also you have dominating the middle or playing on the edge of the map, not to mention silent spawns etc.

So I think there is a lot more to this map than people are saying here. Whether it should be used as a tournament map I don't know. I like it because of the speed and the things I mentioned above. For me every map has a tactic whether it be one room or map01.

I certainly enjoy playing it more than I do king1. I would say SSL2 is the map that should be included however. Very good map.
IleKallio
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is nothing to hide behind in Shoot, so the map doesn't really test your reflexes or stuff like that, it feels to me like playing a SSG duke-out in the middle of d5m7, without the exit pillar. If Shoot really were to be included, you could get pretty far with just a good SSG Confused
Let's just choose ssl2 or dweller2map11 Razz
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit11 Map02. It's not overplayed and it's perfect for duels.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: