ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Open Tourney September 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graim
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, i hope you're all having great fun Laughing
normally i wouldn't cause any problems and just play the game, as i did many times before - on horizon too.. but this time my oponent isn't quite 'normal' as you can also notice above heh

When master said he could play only on Horizon, i went in the server to see how i feel there. I asked Master for a short 'test game' but he said 'no, i never play before match.' or something. So wtf, master, you have a problem with your connection, you want me to play on your home server and you can't even do this for me. With that attitude, i don't give a damn about your problems. The neutral server is obviously lap. And i don't want to play another poor tournament match just because of someone else problems.
THEN master said he was having this ping on lap for 3 weeks already, so i started thinking about palying on Horizon just to make things easier and prevent all this, but dew suddenly came to a conclusion that he 'wont force me to play there' (as he was playing there with master right by this time), he mentioned DQs and master just freaked out and "fuck off-quitted" Wink

Posting "IDIOT" posts and arguing on irc is also fun though.

Master, it's so bad luck your connection didn't get better again some 15 minutes earlier! Anyway, im still willing to paly this game sometime in the week.
Uh
Mortalogy_DoP
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so its all dewww fault.. if players are agree to play on one server (like you said , you were ready to play on horizon) i dont see why admin come to you and say i will dq master because of that.

well anyway you will play welkin on horizon right ? Smile
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal, leave it to them and stop trying to stir more shit up, thanks.
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta wrote:
Yes like you said. You know, is me who ask the question, someone is behind it ?? I find it strange this miracle personally, Yeah.

you got me there, bro. i'm in that black helicopter above your house that keeps screwing with your connection...

anyways, our policy to this point was pretty lenient and went roughly like this:
1) the players agree on the conditions. anywhere you want. we don't require demos, so basically you could invent the results from scratch and we wouldn't be any wiser.
2) if the players can't agree for some reason, they call a tourney admin, who decides on a neutral resolution. the first choice is obviously a trusted server roughly in the middle of the players' locations, outside their 'home turf'.
we're not looking for a mathematically equal ping, that's a myth. why would we increase the geographical distance to artificially raise one's packet loss just to simulate 'equal ping'? mortal's saying welkin and graim should play in france, because belgium!=france. wow, should i link a map of europe to you?
3) if it's impossible to use neutral grounds, the player introducing the problem needs to suck it up and play on what's available.

apparently, we failed with that. so, here's what baah sent me:
01:26:55 <baah-vd-plas> been cooking up some ideas with kilgore.
01:28:20 <baah-vd-plas> either let them play to 25 frags twice on servers they like or for the next tourney organize 3 servers and everyone that signs up has to name 2 servers where he would play
01:31:00 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:30 <Kilgore> if they dont' specify a server, then have them play 2 games
01:31:01 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:37 <Kilgore> one in france, one in cz
01:31:02 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:45 <Kilgore> and add the frags
01:31:03 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:59 <Kilgore> and flip a coin about where is the first game played
01:31:04 <baah-vd-plas> 01:22:21 <Kilgore> (zserv can flip a coin for them since they'll not be trusting anyone)

well, it's pretty hardcore, but since i get ridiculed every time i have to decide on something unpopular, i'm glad i can shield a reasonable solution with kilgore's name. thanks, baah and kilgore!

also, kruk came forward and set up a polish server, so if that fits your needs, be our guest. i guess it'd come quite handy for matches with finns. thanks, kruk!
Kruczyslaw
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Welcome
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone here should finally get a decent internet connection, instead of flaming every damn thread.
Masta
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta wrote:
Yes like you said. You know, is me who ask the question, someone is behind it ?? I find it strange this miracle personally, Yeah.

dewww wrote:
you got me there, bro. i'm in that black helicopter above your house that keeps screwing with your connection....

Funny.

dewww wrote:
1) the players agree on the conditions. anywhere you want. we don't require demos, so basically you could invent the results from scratch and we wouldn't be any wiser.

I do not invent results from scratch and not as you say. I tell you, I'm not a cheater myself understood?

dewww wrote:
2) if the players can't agree for some reason, they call a tourney admin, who decides on a neutral resolution. the first choice is obviously a trusted server roughly in the middle of the players' locations, outside their 'home turf'.
we're not looking for a mathematically equal ping, that's a myth. why would we increase the geographical distance to artificially raise one's packet loss just to simulate 'equal ping'? mortal's saying welkin and graim should play in france, because belgium!=france. wow, should i link a map of europe to you?

First, I always play casiment l@p when we have no alternative with the player. But you know that on l@p I have 80 ping, but is the best server after horizon, then I accept it. but we must also know one thing, why does the Czech player ever to play on Horizon, when they themselves have a better ping that the French? this is something we have never been able to understand! You are really bad players. must always make their players hard with their ping or another. In any case, it was me who had the worst ping between me and Graim. you have nothing particular to say. I just think you are reaching a stage that we can have more chance to play a tournament in normal conditions. After all, you are the admin, you do what you want, I understand.

dewww wrote:
3) if it's impossible to use neutral grounds, the player introducing the problem needs to suck it up and play on what's available.

So for me, if I had l@p few minutes before I could play this game. Without problem! but I do not accept your rules, I'm not your blackmail!

apparently, we failed with that. so, here's what baah sent me:
dewww wrote:
01:26:55 <baah-vd-plas> been cooking up some ideas with kilgore.
01:28:20 <baah-vd-plas> either let them play to 25 frags twice on servers they like or for the next tourney organize 3 servers and everyone that signs up has to name 2 servers where he would play
01:31:00 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:30 <Kilgore> if they dont' specify a server, then have them play 2 games
01:31:01 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:37 <Kilgore> one in france, one in cz
01:31:02 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:45 <Kilgore> and add the frags
01:31:03 <baah-vd-plas> 01:21:59 <Kilgore> and flip a coin about where is the first game played
01:31:04 <baah-vd-plas> 01:22:21 <Kilgore> (zserv can flip a coin for them since they'll not be trusting anyone)

Speak no bahh-vd-plas and Kilgore, Mortal had already proposed this solution. but I better, you know to play on l@p if only I had my ping at this time.

dewww wrote:
well, it's pretty hardcore

YEAH, YOU ARE HARDCORE WITH YOUR RULES!

dewww wrote:
also, kruk came forward and set up a polish server, so if that fits your needs, be our guest. i guess it'd come quite handy for matches with finns. thanks, kruk!

Yes thank him. Finally a player resonance with normal rules.

Finally, why are you trying to find a solution now? it is too late, I accept more your conditions. Arrow
turSKA
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhahh Master fails so much. And he is a big noob also! Loving this. keep going <3 Cool
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta wrote:
Speak no bahh-vd-plas and Kilgore, Mortal had already proposed this solution. but I better, you know to play on l@p if only I had my ping at this time.

Please, someone tell me that I am dreaming Master just said this?

We should IGNORE what baah and KILGORE!?!??! Has to say and stick with Mortal's fantastic solution? Tell me Master, have you finally cracked? Have you seriously gone insane?

I'm in talks with Kilgore this morning on sorting a proper solution as you're making this alot harder than you need to be doing so. If you want to play tourneys so bad but you can't deal with having a crappy connection... MOVE.

EDIT: Oh I just read you don't want solutions you're happy with the DQ. Ok, mind not posting anymore? Let's move on with the tourney, thanks. And this will be sorted for the next time Master, or anyone else, has big problems with their OWN connection, or just refuse to play on some servers Smile
phenex2
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:
Masta wrote:

Please, someone tell me that I am dreaming Master just said this?

We should IGNORE what baah and KILGORE!?!??! Has to say and stick with Mortal's fantastic solution? Tell me Master, have you finally cracked? Have you seriously gone insane?

what he is refering to is, that mortal proposed the 25 on each server solution
in #zdplayers before dewww posted it on the forum and while i was
discussing it with kilgore.

so no matter whos idea it was in the end, i think it is the only fair solution
in this case. actually i would let them play 2 full games with 50 frags each for punishment :p
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is what Kilgore and I were discussing this morning, we'll come up with something but they shouldn't play by that unofficial rule just yet Smile
Masta
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phenex2 wrote:
what he is refering to is, that mortal proposed the 25 on each server solution
in #zdplayers before dewww posted it on the forum and while i was
discussing it with kilgore.

Exactly.

phenex2 wrote:
so no matter whos idea it was in the end, i think it is the only fair solution
in this case. actually i would let them play 2 full games with 50 frags each for punishment :p

The solution was I wanted to play on l@p. So why discuss about it? Two games, where everyone plays 25frags on a map? hmm but l@p was best for both?! So stop. and I recall that I left the tournament Euro. end of discussion.
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta wrote:
Finally, why are you trying to find a solution now? it is too late, I accept more your conditions. :arrow:

not just ME. there's a whole group of people looking for a solution now, because this is probably going to happen again, sooner or later. so, we're trying to create a guideline for the next time.

don't worry, we got how you're not interested anymore, so we're not trying to persuade you to come back. in fact, we're very lucky to have a substitute player who didn't make it into the open tourney, because he signed in late! so, graim gets to play nero.

here's the corrected brackets
Masta
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry not lol
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then stop posting lol
Xav3r
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobi 50 - 42 Xav3r
[FEAR]Tobi
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nero 50 - 46 Graim

GG.
Kruczyslaw
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome Master...Im will host European Tournaments in next months too after I move to my own and tidy this zds script mess...
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vody & Konar - stop slacking off!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: