ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planet X / Nibiru / End of the World???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Planet X / Nibiru / End of the World??? Reply with quote

I have been doing a fair bit of research into what could be the end of the world as we know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS7Rky3V7Wk

This is a video (english is not perfect) which can help explain what Planet X's involvement with Earth is...

If you watch the video and have any knowledge of what it is about, and would like to discuss further, there are many sources on the intenret that can help the "proof" that this planet exists.

I would just like to know people's views on this, are we all going to die? What are you going to do to survive?

Religious and Scientific topic, so feel free to express opinions about both and how you feel...
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, don't trust any sources from youtube

second off, it's a bunch of bullshit.

third off, just because the mayan calender ends on that date doesnt mean the world ends on that date. They probably figured they'd be dead by then anyway. And they were. Cortes ended their world much sooner than 2012.

As far as planet x/nibiru goes.. if the planet were within 5-6 light years, we would be able to see it with the hubble, would we not?! And if we can see it, we can detonate a large nuclear device next to it, to alter it's path by just a little bit, and send it into the Sun or something.

Don't get worked up about it like I did Razz
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us, our great grandchildren, or their great grandchildren will ever see the end of the Earth. These sorts of things like the cycles which scientists believe the Earth go through, only happen after so many millions/billions of years. The human population is more likely to become extinct due to internal influences rather than getting smashed with a comet or colliding with the sun.

So anyone who believes that the end of the world is going to be year 1980, 2000, 2012, etc... are thinking within the scope of their narrow-minds. Humans are likely to not even exist when the Earth ceases to be.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a typical mixture of some mystical hype and pseudoreligious crap, sprinkled with would-be-scientific crap.

'planet x' was a term coined by the guy who found pluto. he believed in existence of a big 9th planet and he was sorely disappointed to find just a small piece of oort cloud icy garbage that is pluto. i can't imagine the conditions for a huge 9th planet to escape science's sight. extremely, VERY EXTREMELY excentric orbit in normal angle to the solar system dics, probably. which would be kinda unprobable.

'brown dwarf', ouch. that's something on a verge between planets and stars. we can spot brown dwarfs that are parsecs away, missing one so close would be rather embarrassing. the smallest brown dwarf known to man is 50pc away with 1.8 mass of jupiter and calling it 'brown' does not make it invisible. the author pushes more crap saying it has planets orbiting planet x (which would make them moons?), but brown dwarfs don't burn hydrogen and therefore don't emit much heat. hardly conditions for intelligent life on it's sixth planet/moon, heh.

and c'mon, mixing the pole shift to all that? it's a completely non-related phenomena and i've read MUCH, WAY MUCH credible hoax/mystery theories about pole shift. like schumann frequency slowing down, which sounded almost credible (coz it's happening) until the author said he knows how to heal cancer with that knowledge by bending chakras or something.

oh and the bible code bit. vanilla ice did it. seriously.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomination wrote:
first off, don't trust any sources from youtube

second off, it's a bunch of bullshit.

third off, just because the mayan calender ends on that date doesnt mean the world ends on that date. They probably figured they'd be dead by then anyway. And they were. Cortes ended their world much sooner than 2012.

As far as planet x/nibiru goes.. if the planet were within 5-6 light years, we would be able to see it with the hubble, would we not?! And if we can see it, we can detonate a large nuclear device next to it, to alter it's path by just a little bit, and send it into the Sun or something.

Don't get worked up about it like I did Razz

I wouldn't be so narrow minded. It is widely accepted that there are planetary bodies outside the orbit of Pluto, some maybe even large enough to be labelled "planets". Also depending on what calculations are used (there's much debate about Uranus and Neptune's actual mass) then there may be deviations in orbit that can only be explained by a large unknown planet.

Also, you won't find a planet that easily, even if it is large. It's like finding a needle in a hay stack with your eyes closed and a pair of tweezers. It's far easier to imply a planet's existence through gravitational wobble in a solar system's star. Either way, I very much doubt the hubble would see a planetary object 5-6 light years away.Anyway, isn't the nearest star from our's 4 light years away? I doubt that a planet would circle our sun that far out when really it would belong to another star system.

I always find it is best to be neutral about these things.
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually researched this a lot for the past 3 years, the interesting thing is that there is actually a lot of evidence to support 2012, but there was nothing to support 2000.

The youtube video you linked is pure garbage, and has lots of incorrect information, it shouldn't even be taken seriously.

It talks about Mayan Calendar? That's garbage, they said nothing about Planet X... you should be looking at the Sumerian Calendar, which actually had lots of information, and correlates nicely to our Bible, it's interesting that all religions today seem to stem from Sumerian legend and myth.

They talk about the bible and 2012, the bible never gave a date, but it did talk about planet X some thought by referencing "Wormwood".

The Egyptians had something similar apparently called "The Destroyer" which correlates somehow.

But ya, sounds like you need to research it more if that's the best video you found, it's pretty bad... and I don't believe it's easy to suggest that their date correlates to our 2012 perfectly, so I don't believe that date at all, even if there is strong evidence to suggest Planet X, Nibiru, Wormwood, Destroyer exists, I don't think it's coming in 2012.

And you find loads of wingnut information when researching it too, so it's a long process of dissecting information against retardism you see.

WeaponX: You would be interested in the works of Zecharia Stitchen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Killemall
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarthQuake wrote:
None of us, our great grandchildren, or their great grandchildren will ever see the end of the Earth. These sorts of things like the cycles which scientists believe the Earth go through, only happen after so many millions/billions of years. The human population is more likely to become extinct due to internal influences rather than getting smashed with a comet or colliding with the sun.

I'll have to agree with EQ here. Humans will be long gone by the end of the world. The Mayans said Satan would rise 6/6/2006, that didn't happen either. What I've heard besides this is that the Earth will gradually gravitate towards the sun and will be incinerated in millions/billions of years. Not too sure about my opinions on that, but imo its more believable than a millenia-old prediction by a group that has already been wrong once
Kitty
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those "wait and see" kind of things. No one knows what, exactly, the future holds.
We can try though...

Lets try to predict the end of doom2 multiplayer. Surprised
HeX_Vulture
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember someone showing me a Nibiru video in #idl about a year ago. I did a lot of google research and found it very interesting, but could hardly believe it. Still I did find it amazing how many theories tie in to our bible, one example being that when Nibiru was close at one point it caused the flood that resulted during Noah's time

Kitty wrote:

Lets try to predict the end of doom2 multiplayer. Surprised

Tomorrow the Heretics will take over.

Do you see what I did there?
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely...support for heretics increased drastically since the last official release Wink
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daa_NvMxDFM
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humans will either no longer exist by then, or we'll have moved to another planet.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an interesting topic!

It's really hard to say whether this exists or not honestly. The problem that we all run into with these sorts of prophecies is that we all tend to look at them emotionally and immediately shout out DOOM TO EARTH!
Very few people actually take a step back and think of it logically as most just say "oh no it can't happen, we can't just die!" So they'll look for any reason to disprove it's existence.

As far as believing if it is true or not? Contrary to what I've written so far, I really don't believe it exists in the way it's been described. The most logical reason is this: something of this size would have been spotted and despite the whole government conspiracy thing: sorry you can't keep something like this a secret.

The majority of the timegraphs I've read have all claimed it will be visible to earth sometime in May 2009. Well, unless I've missed something obvious, I've seen nothing. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist either, as Dev pointed out, predicitions aren't true and doing the math on something of this magnitude wouldn't be exact.

I've done some basic research on this, not enough to call myself an expert, but enough to have an idea of it. Quite frankly, based upon some of the things I've read, it's hard to believe it doesn't. It would explain A LOT of natural disasters and occurances in the last 10,000 years. For example, the Ice Age. It's said that Nibiru comes around every 3,600 years. Do the math, that would fit around the time the Ice Age happened (something to this day, nobody can really explain what caused it).

Some people went as far as saying the whole Noahs Arch and the flood that happened in jebus days. I'm not quite sure as I don't know when that apparently happened, but apparently a great flood did happen.

I'm not really going to go into huge detail either as I don't have the knowledge on this like some do, but I will say this. I'm not sure it doesn't exist, who really knows? But these things aren't just made up either. Where there's smoke, there's fire. There could be a Nibiru, there could be tons of moons around it, or there could be just a tiny planet that orbits around us every 3,600 years. Or it could be another comet, or something to that magnitude. Many people seem to forget that the biggest concern in 1999 to 2000 wasn't god smiting us, it was whether or not the modern computers of that time would handle the time change accordingly. If computers would have gone down due to inconsistent time readings (this is what I've read on sites, so I'm not familiar with technical terms, just a very broad idea of it), it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it'd damn sure be a big hit.

So yeah, that's pretty much my outlook on it. I'm not saying believe it, but I am saying don't dismiss it.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteboy567 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daa_NvMxDFM

Crying or Very sad
ok, now i WANT this civilization to burn. we deserve it. go apocalypse!
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This: http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

Haha. That would be an awesome ending...
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Natural lives on Planet X and 2012 marks his return.
runkman
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3G0rvCIJc this is how it goes, pretty sick.

Btw. what are they mayans gonna do when they find out nothing will happen in 2012? Commit a mass suicide in the Atlantic ocean?? this has been on mind a few times Razz
IleKallio
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're already dead, dude. Like Doomination said, some spanish guy came and like, killed them and then stole their gold and stuff.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:
I've actually researched this a lot for the past 3 years, the interesting thing is that there is actually a lot of evidence to support 2012, but there was nothing to support 2000.

The youtube video you linked is pure garbage, and has lots of incorrect information, it shouldn't even be taken seriously.

It talks about Mayan Calendar? That's garbage, they said nothing about Planet X... you should be looking at the Sumerian Calendar, which actually had lots of information, and correlates nicely to our Bible, it's interesting that all religions today seem to stem from Sumerian legend and myth.

They talk about the bible and 2012, the bible never gave a date, but it did talk about planet X some thought by referencing "Wormwood".

The Egyptians had something similar apparently called "The Destroyer" which correlates somehow.

But ya, sounds like you need to research it more if that's the best video you found, it's pretty bad... and I don't believe it's easy to suggest that their date correlates to our 2012 perfectly, so I don't believe that date at all, even if there is strong evidence to suggest Planet X, Nibiru, Wormwood, Destroyer exists, I don't think it's coming in 2012.

And you find loads of wingnut information when researching it too, so it's a long process of dissecting information against retardism you see.

WeaponX: You would be interested in the works of Zecharia Stitchen

as far as the video goes, i did a lot of research i can correlate that this video isn't 100% accurate but i thought for such a topic it would be a way to start it off for those who may not know anything and would like to research further into it.

When i get a chance i'll check out Zecharia Stitchen, cheers.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVIDENCE??????????? Riiiiiiight, if you find this convincing then yes... the world ends in 2012.

Laughing

While we are at it. What kind of evidence ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: