ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best clans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikehail wrote:
Thadeuss wrote:

The only reason we have this conversation is because people post rubbish like that. It's bound to get a response, especially when it's not true.

Let me make this clear, I completely RESPECT the USA team and I am quite willing to believe that USA may be capable of beating a European select side with some amazing players like Chain, Chaotix etc, but it hasn't happened yet. We have been waiting for a long time and it seems from this thread we will be waiting much longer.

I just get tired of seeing people talking nonsense, fair enough if you had beaten a European select side but you haven't.

FASTIDIOUS: First, GB isn't EURO anymore than that team you posted was the official USA team. So no, that's not the game I'm talking about. It took place 5 maybe 6 years ago if memory serves me right.

Even if you are not willing to accept this as a "True" Euro Vs USA, then my point stands, stop saying you would crush us. As for putting a side together, are you are referring to the time I tried to get a USA Vs EURO team going about 2 years ago? Because if you are the thread is around here somewhere, I was basically told you wouldn't play us.

Thad nobody I have talked to knows anything about this supposed game that happened, I just wanted to let you know I beat every single player in europe in duel with 250ms disadvantage but I somehow lost all proof this ever happened, but it did damnit!!!!

Also I was part of 10,000 USA vs EURO games which we won every single won 5-0 in all rounds but again I seem to have lost the proof of every single one of these matches, as if by coincidence.

Ok here's one of them: http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2840&highlight=usa++euro

While that tourney was messy, it actually involved voting of squad members etc throughout Europe, whereas the previous one didn't. That's why they had a rematch. Please, look through the forum posts, there's 3 threads leading up to the actual match.

There is another one where some of the Czechs took part I'm sure, I'll try and find info of it for you.

My point is that people shouldn't shout their mouth off. But it's ok now, Beast has accepted the challenge, so he'll put a side together and we'll see the outcome. As I've said before, I believe the USA have great players and are quite capable of winning and, for the most part I respect the players as people also. I just get tired of this "USA #1" nonsense, putting other people down just because of where they come from.

Europe, Oceania etc have great players as well, I just think people should show some more respect.

I still love you Mike.
Ladna
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we just have a USA vs. (whoever) match. Because it's currently IDL season, most active USA players are around in #intldoomleague (quakenet). Seriously, getting games together isn't that hard. Get a euro captain/team and we'll get a US captain/team. Who even cares how many people are on the team - 4v4 matches, play whomever you want, sub whomever you want whenever you want. Demos posted for each player ofc. Why doesn't someone from the EU (Thad/Nero seem like they speak the best english) set up some sort of "official" communication in IRC and work stuff out in there?
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea Ladna. Nero already has a #euro channel with a team so if the American guys can put a team together then I think it would be awesome. May the best team win!
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gather yourselves a Euro/USA team, and I'll put in front of you an awesome amount of Lag, No mames and an uncoachable team as only MxC can offer...

on the other hand, I've seen a lot of these matches, and I've seen victory on both sides, so I believe you can't say if Euro or USA is the all-time best, I can also dare to say, that both have had their primes and beaten horribly each other, still I don't think that gives you the right to say you're better, bc, eventually, you'll lose...

I see you're organizing some games, how can you determine who's the best? by the result most likely, and I'll predict whoever wins will say, "see? we're the best" and I can also predict that whoever loses will come up with the classis stuff like "I got lag, got packet loss, wasn't on my best day, I swear my shots were going straight through to them and still no kill, I wasn't feeling well, wireless sucks, my mom was yelling at me to take the trash out" and so on...maybe someone will secretly say "hax"..

I just wish that whoever wins is polite enough to have a measured celebration, no flaming and such, and whoever loses, face and accept that they lost fair and square...Still, these games won't determine who's best...I assure you, there will be more... Wink
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I miss you around here Rex.
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
I could score up/beat all of those players with a European ping on USA servers.

Do it then or shut the hell up.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK GUYS, ENOUGH TALKING LETS GET SOME GAMES GOING.

WHO IS IN FOR SOME EURO VS USA?
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalBlack wrote:
ccarnage wrote:
I could score up/beat all of those players with a European ping on USA servers.

Do it then or shut the hell up.

Been there done that. I don't have to prove anything. My point was that the best players now are similar to the best players then, so the benchmarks have not changed, it's not like there's a new player on the block who is great, thus if I had the equipment to play now it would be no different..

Anyway back on topic, go Europe Smile
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:

a committee is being formed and they will form a team for the USA at least, were not going to let any yahoo's join by responding to a thread, hey look me yeah im playing.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a quick review of this thread.

some usa guys issue world domination challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU
some euro guys call the challenge and raise the bet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4upn3M4jtQY
we're currently in the preparation phase: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps9GAsh8h0Y
stay tuned!

PS: mike, the song needs more energy.
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMDgAevEJds
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikehail wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMDgAevEJds

gj mike
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
_Beast_ wrote:
UD made the majority of zdctf maps that are played constantly

Uh lol? You mean that AlexMax and EQ made some of those maps? They also made some of the least loved entries in that community project. And y'know, it's quite possible, given the ranking status of the clan at the time that a lot of other potential contributors were pushed aside to make way for their labours. And yes, community - it wasn't called UDCTF after all was it?

_Beast_ wrote:
lets talk about strength of individual clan members since you bring it up...
...not sure what that has to do with the clan being awesome though

So yeah...

uh lol,

=====================================
Title : ZDaemon CTF
Filename : ZDCTFMP.WAD
Release date : March 23, 2004
Authors : AlexMax, Ralphis, Exl, Washu,
Bloodlust, ATG_Death, Rellik
Email Addresses : alexmax@zdaemon.org
Other Files By Author : Too many to list...
Misc. Author Info : A group of misfits who love CTF

Description : A set of ten maps for ZDaemon Capture the Flag

Additional Credits to : _Raider_, Kilgore, duke4ever
Without you three, CTF in ZDaemon would not
exist. Thank you so much.
NiGHTMARE
Textures.
Erik_A
For being a cool guy. I suggest playing his
megawad, SCYTHE.WAD, it's an excillent
piece of work.
The ZDCTFMP Beta Testers
Holy crap, you guys are fantastic
===========================================================================
* What is included *

New levels : MAP01 "Fortress Collision"
by Rellik, Washu, Alexmax
MAP02 "Refineries"
by AlexMax
MAP03 "Exophase"
by Exl
MAP04 "Ralphis Magical Ice Forts"
by Ralphis
MAP05 "Blood and Water"
by Bloodlust
MAP06 "Cursed"
by ATG_Death
MAP07 "The Excavation"
by AlexMax
MAP08 "Something Epic"
by AlexMax
MAP09 "Frozen"
by AlexMax
MAP10 "Outer Limits"
by AlexMax

7 out of 10 touched by UD

70% of zdctfmp(part1) was touched/made by UD members....yawn
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage: you talk a lot. Honestly, even in your prime I'm pretty sure I'd mop the floor with you. Don't really care what the OS guys gotta' say either as I've probably already beaten them into nothing before.

The purpose of this post wasn't to engage in a pissing contest though. Here's the real point: you and I are similiar in a lot of ways. We were once really good players, perhaps even up there with some of the best. You've beaten some big names in your day, I've beaten some in my days.

But this is where our differences come into play. You seem to not be able to accept the fact that you're finished; your "doom career" is over. I have no problem accepting that. It's simple: you get older, more important things come up in life and you become less active. Over the years, you lose skill and witness people who were once noobs become awesome players--and eventually, they get better than you. There's no point in trying to draw comparisons because of a few reasons:

1. It's never going to happen. You're not going to suddenly start playing 4 or 5 hours a day again and get your skill back.
2. Your era and todays era can't even be compared as overall vast majority of players have improved and there's more skill alltogether in different game modes.
3. DUI doesn't count: The Real Team USA already beat some of the best Euro Clans.

So here's an example. I remember when METALBLACK first came around ZDaemon. He wasn't the greatest player, but he was a cool guy. A few years later, I'm playing against the guy in CTF and he's tearing shit apart left and right. It happens, people get better so put up or shut up.

And yeah, with the experience I've gained over the years, I'm sure I can still compete with top players today. But due to lack of practice (and lack of caring quite frankly), I'm sure I'd lose most of the games--but I'd make them close. Wink It's time to accept that and stop starting shit with people in these forums. If you're not going to put up and play, then please, delete your forum account and never come around again because anytime I see you leave a post or speak, it's always about how much better you were at one time than everyone is now.

Just sayin, dawg.
la la la la la

-EDIT-
We run dis.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast: that is actually a higher percentage than I was thinking for mp1. For some reason I always think that Exl made map08 - it just looks like an Exl map - and that AlexMax was responsible for Cursed. But really I was referring to ZDCTF as a whole rather than just the first pack - looking at it in such a perspective then you also have UD responsible for maps 17 and 29.

Anyways, my point about possible preference given to Alex still stands, as does yours about not being able to judge a clan on the performance of a single player (or mapping prowess thereof).

Really hoping this US vs [some_undefined_territory] thing works out!
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see how making a map can automatically mean that player/clan should be the strongest in it. Alex or Earthquake were never ridiculously gifted CTF players, even if they did make some simple, memorable maps.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
spacepirate wrote:

a committee is being formed and they will form a team for the USA at least, were not going to let any yahoo's join by responding to a thread, hey look me yeah im playing.

Nice one mate, I'm sure what ever team USA puts out it'll be full of quality players.

ON TOPIC: I do agree with most, balancing out longevity with contribution and skill, UD has to be the best. I don't get on with a few of their members, but I certainly respect them as players and people, between ZDctf and their playing ability they are the clan to emulate.

Anyways they have Bones which tops them as best clan imo. Bones is someone who I have had many arguments with, many clashes with on the forums over the years, but he still manages to conduct himself with great diplomacy and to his credit is an awesome player. I admire anyone that you can have disagreement with yet they refuse to lower themselves to my sometimes epicly wankerish postings.

For those reasons. UD on top!
RustInPeace
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. It would seem logical that most people, after all these years, would grow up and stop shitting themselves over this game.

In any case, hopefully some games will actually follow the inane arguments just this once.

GLHF
romeo (dwango)
JUST DROP AND GIVE ME 50 YOU ....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustInPeace wrote:
Strange. It would seem logical that most people, after all these years, would grow up and stop shitting themselves over this game.

Good advise there.
Any more cry baby remarks and topic gets locked and thrown into Tortured Topics. ( You know who you are )
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DX-Chain wrote:
I fail to see how making a map can automatically mean that player/clan should be the strongest in it. Alex or Earthquake were never ridiculously gifted CTF players, even if they did make some simple, memorable maps.

Thats my point exactly I acknowledge the contribution, but lets talk about dubs and l's.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: