ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best clans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all but retired from ZD now but I do remember a while back Team USA actually got together and did practices and put a real lineup together. Europe all but ignored us. Given the sad state of the competitive scene now and the fact people barely play private CTF compared to a few IDL seasons back, there wouldn't even really be much point in a match now. Even our best only play a fraction of what they used to.

This isn't a real Team USA except for perhaps me. Is this the match you are referring to?
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will beat europe by myself, I dont need no stinkin team
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
As I remember it the only official USA Vs EURO game ended with Europe winning.

What is this trash? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Mike let's team up and show the Euros the way out.
Swag
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Fast the USA team put together by DeathBR1ngeR, I didn't know they played GB... I thought it was only for like playing the [Mx] clan.... There's quite difference between that and the USA team that played the Czechs...
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck is this?! I've been away for some time and the first thing I see on the forums is this?

as Mike said I could do it all by myself, maybe I could add 3 more [Mx] mofos to the team so thing could look a lil bit "balanced" Smile

I'm the best no need to argue that Wink
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euro is definitely better at 1on1 Twisted Evil
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ, shut the fuck up about whether EU or US is better already. Boooooooor-ing (and wentirely off-topic I might add) Rolling Eyes

Quit with the shit talk and play some games, or that's all it'll ever be from either side - shit talk.

DX-Chain wrote:
It's also a well-known fact that Czech CTF towers above anyone else in Europe quite easily. Last I checked, the Scottish National CTF Team never made huge waves in my entire stint in this game Rolling Eyes

That comment seemed particularly below you Chain. What, you don't have some remote US players too?
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DX-Chain wrote:
Thadeuss wrote:
Sit Down.

Somehow that doesn't have much meaning when...

Thadeuss wrote:
I am officially, shit.

Besides, your beloved Europe team that beat whatever group of guys in the USA team from way back then didn't play the USA team that beat the Czechs in the latest "official" contest a couple years ago. If Europe had beaten those same USA guys, then you would actually have a point/reason to talk a little shit. Alas, that isn't the case.

It's also a well-known fact that Czech CTF towers above anyone else in Europe quite easily. Last I checked, the Scottish National CTF Team never made huge waves in my entire stint in this game Rolling Eyes

Actually, why even gather all the best players from Europe to play a USA team in CTF? That makes it sound like you're in some dire need to have a fighting chance or that one country on its own isn't enough. You don't see the USA team pull any Canadians, Mexicans, or other American countries into it do you? Wink

Actually, European teams are very common in sports. I believe the Ryder cup, one of the biggest sporting events in the world is specifically for Europe Versus USA. In Europe, despite our differences there are a lot of commonalities amongst us and well, tbh, the main reason we lump together is because people like Beast go on forums spouting "I beat you Euros every time, Euro fags, OMGZ" etc.

The only reason we have this conversation is because people post rubbish like that. It's bound to get a response, especially when it's not true.

Let me make this clear, I completely RESPECT the USA team and I am quite willing to believe that USA may be capable of beating a European select side with some amazing players like Chain, Chaotix etc, but it hasn't happened yet. We have been waiting for a long time and it seems from this thread we will be waiting much longer.

I just get tired of seeing people talking nonsense, fair enough if you had beaten a European select side but you haven't.

Also, while the CZS are great Chain, I'd say you must not be too familiar with the way things in Europe are. Yeah, the czs are awesome, but a Eurpean side would be better than the czs. Made strong ofcourse from the fact that the best Czs would be there, but you also have Belgian, French, Finnish, British, Dutch players etc to choose from. Together the Czs and these other countries would put together a better side than CZ alone imo, and that's saying something.

FASTIDIOUS: First, GB isn't EURO anymore than that team you posted was the official USA team. So no, that's not the game I'm talking about. It took place 5 maybe 6 years ago if memory serves me right.

Even if you are not willing to accept this as a "True" Euro Vs USA, then my point stands, stop saying you would crush us. As for putting a side together, are you are referring to the time I tried to get a USA Vs EURO team going about 2 years ago? Because if you are the thread is around here somewhere, I was basically told you wouldn't play us.

We're saying now, play Europe, get it going. Nero has put together a side. Do it.

I have no problem with you Fast as you are always respectful, but threads like this happen when people post rubbish about "USA #1" when really we don't know if that's true.........

I think a lot of the USA as a country and a people, but all I'm saying is Europe waits, but really if you aren't going to play then don't. If BEAST really thinks they'd trash a European side, why doesn't he organise a new USA team and do it?
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it was the match with Tennie, Vampire Knight and more from NK. I remember playing USA too. This was a couple of years a go.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are both getting old SpacePirate :p

Surely that was at least 4 years ago? 2004/2005?
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think UD is the best clan ever and ralphis is the most electrifying man in doom multiplayer.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
Euro is definitely better at 1on1 Twisted Evil

well they do have ocelot.. but we have chew.. hm.. Chew vs Ocelot!!
romeo (dwango)
JUST DROP AND GIVE ME 50 YOU ....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to get into the best clan stuff and type messages for certain individuals to "read between the lines". I'll only say there were great clans past and present.

As far as USA vs Euro I will say that we all had a good time back in the day with the first official "who was the best back then".

Starting thread:

http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2319&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Tournament Outcome:

http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2456&highlight=

Demos:

http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2458&highlight=

There were great players from both sides back then. And even though clans had differences back then, atleast we were able to put it aside and have a great time.

And I'm sure there are better players out there today as well on both sides. My suggestion is to go out and play. Wink
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly misleading Romeo, that team was basically NK (a clan). It's basically the same as saying the GB team mentioned earlier in this thread beat USA. Which we didn't, that was a random team of USA players, not Chainey Chaotix, Bones etc, who would probably have handed us our ass tbh.

I think Ufon put it best in that thread.Not saying the players weren't good but it wasn't a European team imo.

ufon wrote:
Quote:
shyfx, ocelot, dudel, sedlo and titan_66,

Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes

well, first of all that was not a team europe, that was a team that was put together by one man and as far as i know there wasnt any voting(was there ? ) on who should that one person be or whoever should play in the team itself. So if u ask one guy from europe to put together a team from european players its not gonna be a team EUROPE but that player's team.
I know i am not gonna make many friends with this comment but it needs to be said. While im saying this, im not saying this wasnt a good idea or the players sucked(some of them are my friends) nothing like that. Im just saying call things what they really are.

But as usual, you have the right Idea Romeo, this is about playing. Both teams should play each other.

Actually reading these old threads makes me sad. Everyone seemed to have a great attitude towards each other non of this "euro fag" nonsense or "fuck America" bullshit. Cool people, playing some games and enjoying it.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder: if people cannot help themselves and have to be obnoxious, they will be taken out of here; you can bank on that. Beast and anyone else who gets ideas: consder yourselves warned.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
_Beast_ wrote:
who did team euro play from the us?

I have not seen or heard of this, was it a public ctf game with some random ppl?

Every time I play over there I win hard.....real hard like this

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/32517

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/32519

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/34553

Before your time and oh yes, Europe beat the USA officially. If you'd like a rematch, please, speak to Nero. We've been asking for about 2 years, but nothing yet. I'll happily agree USA is the best when they beat Europe, but until then I'm forced to say Europe tops USA.

Also Beast, you aren't god I'm afraid Embarassed you are comparable to me, and I am officially, shit.

I can take a dump on my keyboard and beat you in ctf

USA accepts your frivolous challenge and laughs at your previous proclaimed non-documented supposed victory
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
USA accepts your frivolous challenge

Would you make the team?

I've asked USA maybe 4 times in the pass year or so and no one seems to want to bother organizing a team, so be my guest to try for them and message me about it.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude............................ the biggest clan in the universe is!

INFERNO, wich has died now...
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:

The only reason we have this conversation is because people post rubbish like that. It's bound to get a response, especially when it's not true.

Let me make this clear, I completely RESPECT the USA team and I am quite willing to believe that USA may be capable of beating a European select side with some amazing players like Chain, Chaotix etc, but it hasn't happened yet. We have been waiting for a long time and it seems from this thread we will be waiting much longer.

I just get tired of seeing people talking nonsense, fair enough if you had beaten a European select side but you haven't.

FASTIDIOUS: First, GB isn't EURO anymore than that team you posted was the official USA team. So no, that's not the game I'm talking about. It took place 5 maybe 6 years ago if memory serves me right.

Even if you are not willing to accept this as a "True" Euro Vs USA, then my point stands, stop saying you would crush us. As for putting a side together, are you are referring to the time I tried to get a USA Vs EURO team going about 2 years ago? Because if you are the thread is around here somewhere, I was basically told you wouldn't play us.

Thad nobody I have talked to knows anything about this supposed game that happened, I just wanted to let you know I beat every single player in europe in duel with 250ms disadvantage but I somehow lost all proof this ever happened, but it did damnit!!!!

Also I was part of 10,000 USA vs EURO games which we won every single won 5-0 in all rounds but again I seem to have lost the proof of every single one of these matches, as if by coincidence.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about CTF, but Euro were certainly better at 1on1 at the time the CTF in question was being played. In fact barring Chewy on map 01, and select others e.g. , Badfish, JKist3 etc..there were not that many other 1on1 (or "duel" players) of note from the USA...and looking at the ZDDL results, that doesn't seem to have changed. I could score up/beat all of those players with a European ping on USA servers. Europe have always had the better 1on1 pedigree since the days of Doom2.exe.

If it's CTF you are concerned with, why don't you guys organise another CTF skirmish?...USA vs Euro...round II.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: