ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best clans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

switcher wrote:
**Arguments against may be that UD is not really a ZDaemon clan anymore, and that some of their members were caught cheating and/or extremely disloyal to ZDaemon.**

Not surprised this is coming from a DUI member. Here, I'll compliment the same clan that I slam in my post later in small text!!!!!! Haha.

Let me set the record straight, here. DUI has always hated UD to the point to where they use their staff connections to oust members of UD from the port for what is pretty much forever. It's not really a secret these connections and abilities exist to DUI 'veterans'. There's members of UD that still play ZDaemon public servers often, but unfortunately due to the behind-the-scenes doings of DUI, UD does not truly possess as much of a presence as it used to. I guess you could say the same of DUI, if not to a more extreme degree of not being a ZDaemon or even a Doom clan anymore, having moved on to World of Warcraft, and all. So how would you know how active UD is, Switcher? Smile

Just because UniDoom doesn't associate with the people who would do anything to get rid of them, no matter the reason... Doesn't mean they aren't around. You just aren't invited to come play with them.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I truely do sympathize with your heart wrenching tales of espionage and secret aliances,
I have to say that I neither had knowledge nor influence in matters regarding DUI vs UD, or UD vs ZDaemon, or whatever.
Nor would I like to for that matter.
It's all ancient history as far as I'm concerned anyway.
You should take the compliment and be happy about it.
As someone already said, it's 2009.
Glad you had a chance to vent off some steam though.
Now move along.
I just like to play.

DUI All The Way! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol clans, buy a life, it only costs a few dollars
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of longevity and consistency, I'd have to go with Unidoom. Even though a lot of them are banned today, they still are a very active clan in the Doom community. They also have always been a top contender, and were one of the best clans when I started playing in 2002 and still are in 2009. While OS and DUI were very strong and active at one point in time, I see very few of their members playing anymore. In fact, during the seven years that I've been at Zdaemon, the only person from OS i ever recall seeing was Fyre.

As for the best clan in terms of skill, I'll have to say the Doom Crips. They were a short lived clan, and only had four members, but it was the best roster I've ever seen. Their roster was Badfish (Hustler), Nsyncfan, Traci Lords, and Dominus. Other top clans that I remember include: -NS- (New Skool), [NG] (Not Gods), [138], -c! (Chronic!), and [SIN].
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best clan is [USA]. Here's a highlight from some Euro CTF:

Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! You played 'On The Bowl'! Very Happy
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DX-Chain wrote:
The best clan is [USA]. Here's a highlight from some Euro CTF:

As I remember it the only official USA Vs EURO game ended with Europe winning. 3 people since have approached USA to get a rematch, but, nobody wants to, I wonder why :p......

So basically, [EU] is best until [USA] actually has the guts to play them :p

Bring it, etc mwuhahahahahahah
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss is right. Haha! Twisted Evil
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I have been sitting in my Euro channel with an awesome line-up just waiting to play USA, I've attempted enough times so now I'll wait D%!
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who did team euro play from the us?

I have not seen or heard of this, was it a public ctf game with some random ppl?

Every time I play over there I win hard.....real hard like this

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/32517

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/32519

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/34553
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UD made the majority of zdctf maps that are played constantly

They started the IDL, they have fought amongst the top clans of the past and the present, while they may not have been the most dominate at all points during their duration which is still current they still remain.

With that being said, what about categorically ranking the clans. Or basing shit on different criteria like win to loss ratio, wins against formidable a opponents maybe? Fear factor? Endurance of raids? How hard they dominated when beating down the other team on a given map?

If your gonna base this on longevity and contibution then [BT] holds the same if not better spot then [UD] yes no?
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those suggested rating criteria seem to be based on the capture the flag variation of DooM.
The guy who started this "Best Clan" thread probably has never played a game of CTF in his life.
When Sultani started this thread, he was referring to the DooM strength of individual clan members, not that silly flag game you are referring to. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RTB
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switcher wrote:
All those suggested rating criteria seem to be based on the capture the flag variation of DooM.
The guy who started this "Best Clan" thread probably has never played a game of CTF in his life.
When Sultani started this thread, he was referring to the DooM strength of individual clan members, not that silly flag game you are referring to. Twisted Evil

Yes as you said he probably has never played CTF in his life but when it comes to clans they work as a team and as CTF seems to be the only played team game on zdaemon and requires team mates to actually communicate, people will judge clans by there team effort in CTF.

Anyway UD have got to be the best clan of all time. I think most of them are still rather active on skulltag but they contributed so much and the fact they are still really good even nowadays. Only problem with them I haven't really seen them play a team match in a long time but always see individual members kicking ass.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switcher wrote:

switcher when you get your head out of your ass i'd like to know when "win to loss ratio" , "wins against formidable opponents" and "how hard someone gets beat down on a givin map" is specific to the greatest game mode ever CTF...the only ctf specific one is raiding... too bad the "original poster" didn't get a chance to get beatdown like you do in CTF.

must we dwell off and explain that a clan is a team and there is no I in it etc... been there done that a few threads ago

screw that lets talk about strength of individual clan members since you bring it up, I can hand pick ppl from a lot of clans that can hold there own on specific maps not sure what that has to do with the clan being awesome though

i mean joe smoe over here is undefeated on dw5 mp1 but today we are playing tlsd2004 map 13....oh snap joe smoe is getting pwned wait ...it gets better lets see bobby mark luke and john from [DUMDUM] clan can each play judas_23 I have 4 players that can play that map individually w00t or would it make more sense to say here are some maps TDM and CTF bring you d00ds ill bring my dudes and the best "clan" wins.

Oh yeah, we have tried this http://www.clancg.co.cc/cgvsr.html ....it came out pretty lame, fun factor was negative. Didn't really prove anything to me either. 1 on 1 on certain maps is like who can spawn rape and avoid spawn rape the best, I find it much more satisfying saying I came in your house smacked you around a bit and took your girl back to my house and did things...you know like scoring, multiple times. Hard and fast.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem for you of course, is that I am the best CTF player in all the land. Very Happy
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
who did team euro play from the us?

I have not seen or heard of this, was it a public ctf game with some random ppl?

Every time I play over there I win hard.....real hard like this

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/32517

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/32519

http://challenge-tv.com/demos/view/34553

Before your time and oh yes, Europe beat the USA officially. If you'd like a rematch, please, speak to Nero. We've been asking for about 2 years, but nothing yet. I'll happily agree USA is the best when they beat Europe, but until then I'm forced to say Europe tops USA.

Also Beast, you aren't god I'm afraid Embarassed you are comparable to me, and I am officially, shit.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From experience, I have found that some active UD members usually can put their money where their mouth is, whereas the only thing some of these other old/trolling clans can put in their mouth is...yeah, that's up to your imagination.

PS. Funny how a little UFC gif can get a lot of emos worked up Cool
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np then mate, we will be kings and we'll throw you some scraps from our table occassionally Wink

In all seriousness, funny that people come on here and spout "USA USA USA" but then when someone presents them with the facts that USA were beaten and refuse to play Europe in a match they resort to " omg you guys are trolls" and " you guys are emos".

Like I say I'll happily give USA respect, great players etc, but those that come on here and start crap, put your money where your mouth is.

Agree to play Europe? If not, then stop boasting about USA and talking shit. AGAIN, if USA agree, brilliant and all respect to ya, and if you win then cool I'll say well done, but if you aren't going to then in the words of the immortal Whiteknight.....

Sit Down.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
UD made the majority of zdctf maps that are played constantly

Uh lol? You mean that AlexMax and EQ made some of those maps? They also made some of the least loved entries in that community project. And y'know, it's quite possible, given the ranking status of the clan at the time that a lot of other potential contributors were pushed aside to make way for their labours. And yes, community - it wasn't called UDCTF after all was it?

_Beast_ wrote:
lets talk about strength of individual clan members since you bring it up...
...not sure what that has to do with the clan being awesome though

So yeah...
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
Sit Down.

Somehow that doesn't have much meaning when...

Thadeuss wrote:
I am officially, shit.

Besides, your beloved Europe team that beat whatever group of guys in the USA team from way back then didn't play the USA team that beat the Czechs in the latest "official" contest a couple years ago. If Europe had beaten those same USA guys, then you would actually have a point/reason to talk a little shit. Alas, that isn't the case.

It's also a well-known fact that Czech CTF towers above anyone else in Europe quite easily. Last I checked, the Scottish National CTF Team never made huge waves in my entire stint in this game Rolling Eyes

Actually, why even gather all the best players from Europe to play a USA team in CTF? That makes it sound like you're in some dire need to have a fighting chance or that one country on its own isn't enough. You don't see the USA team pull any Canadians, Mexicans, or other American countries into it do you? Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: